What's new

Montreal Mayhem #11: New Season! Same Bat! KRYS wins IGAU!

CanadianBaconX

Let's see how long this lasts...
Montreal Mayhem #11

Season II

After two weeks off, Montreal Mayhem returns with the start of Season 2. The turn out was good, not as good as MM #10 but that was to be expected. The break definitely had an effect on us, not just in game but, even running the tournament was slower then usual. However this is to be expected as we will need some time to get this train running as smoothly as it was week ago.

As for the people who showed, we had pretty much most of the core coming out. Notable missing folks would be @xQUANTUMx who had to deal with personal matters in the home. @Darkbloom and Pesto were MIA due to school.

Another noticeable absence was the whole MK crew. It seems @IFEELYOURHATRED and @Fire Warrior were unavailable this week, which was unfortunate as Mortal Kombat tournament wasn't held this week due to a lack of interest and time. Hopefully these guys will be around next week to help boost those MK numbers and keep things fresh.

Injustice
It was an even 8 man bracket which allowed for a bye free tournament. The first round started with @CanadianBaconX and @rehti playing each other for the first time ever (even in casuals). While it was clear Bacon understood the Joker set up Rehti had, some key drops and general Wonder Woman non-sense allowed for him to control the match-up and take it 3 - 0. Next up we had @Ecodus and @Mortal Komhat face off and much like many times before the ever improving Shazam player was just not able to get past the cat as Ecodus won it 3 - 0 as well. @T.roll and @hard_goodbye had a close set with Troll's Harley just edging past Goodbye's Catwoman 3 - 2. The final match of the first round had Defending Champ @KRYS9984 facing off against @Chuckychuck, this matched showed how well Chuck understood the match up, both with the characters and the players as he knocked Krys into losers right off the bat with a 3 - 1 with Nightwing.

As winners continued Bacon and Ecodus faced off in a pretty close match. Ecodus pulled away with a 3 - 1 victory but, each match went right down to the wire and either player could have taken it. Ecodus was just able to capitalize on the opportunities he had better and took the set to move on. The other winners match was Troll and Chuckychuck, once again in a close 3 - 1 set, Chuck was able to pull ahead putting Troll into losers and sending him to winner's finals.

Ecodus and Chuck faced off in winners this is where Chuck's Nightwing lost its steam and began to fall behind as Ecodus' Catwoman put in work sending himself into Grand Finals with a 3 - 1.

In the first round of Losers Bracket. We had Hatman and his Shazam pulling out a 3 - 0 victory over Rehti's Joker making Hatman's win streak going up to 2 weeks now. Krys and Hard_Goodbye was the other match that happened in losers. Krys was able to play bat away to keep Goodbye's kitty cat out of reach giving him a 3 - 1 victory eliminating Hard_Goodbye from the tournament.

In the next round Troll put an end to Hatman's run with a 3 - 0 while in another set filled with close matches Krys eliminates Bacon from the tournament with a 3 - 1.

This lead to the Krys facing off against Troll which is where Troll pulled out his Martian Manhunter to attempt to deal with Batman better. This was unfortunately a mistake as the green martian didn't do well at all however a quick switch back to Harley gave Troll a match but it was too little to late as Krys moved on into Loser's Finals with a 3 - 1.

Losers Finals was the first round rematch between Chuck and Krys. This set was very different from the first one as, Krys showed his ability to adapt and learn on the fly, taking the set with a clean 3 - 0.

Grand Finals was set with Krys coming in from Loser's trying to keep momentum after winning the first Season, while Ecodus was prime on setting a new status quo. The two found hard and had a great Grand Finals but, it was a few mistakes that cost Ecodus the first set allowing for Krys to squeeze by and reset the bracket with a 3 - 2.

Clearly deflated from the reset, Ecodus was only able to win one more game before Krys took the second set as well with a 3 - 1 victory, continue where he left off in Season 1 taking another Montreal Mayhem.

1) KRYS (Batman) [8 Points]
2) Ecodus (Catwoman) [5 Points]
3) ChuckyChuck (Nightwing) [2 Points]
4) T.Roll (Harley Quinn, Martian Manhunter) [1 Point]
5) Hatman (Shazam)
5) Bacon (Wonder Woman)
7) Rehti (Joker)
7) Hard_Goodbye (Catwoman)

http://challonge.com/mm11igau

Totals
Injustice Totals:
KRYS [8 Points]
Ecodus [5 Points]
ChuckyChuck [2 Points]
T.Roll [1 Point]

Conclusion
Not much to say here, Season 2 is having an understandable slow start. Think I'm sure will pick up again soon as we all get in the groove of things.
Remember this happens every Sunday at the Foonzo Gaming Bar on 1245 Rue Drummond usually starting around 5:30 to 6 PM. We now have a stream at http://www.twitch.tv/montreal_mayhem so if you have time to check us out on Sunday please do! Additionally, if you're in the Montreal area, might as well drop by and help grow this local NRS community.

@AK RM Blake

Last edited by a moderator:

KRYS9984

Noob
The write-up returns!
Good games to everyone who attended to the Season 2 opener of Montreal Mayhem! There were some very solid pool matches and grand finals was incredible nerve-racking.
After the bracket reset, there was one scenario that could have potentially changed the outcome but I happened to make the right read. Well played @Ecodus.
@AK L0rdoftheFLY you're more than welcome man; Montreal Mayhem is open to anyone in town. :)

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
The write-up returns!
Good games to everyone who attended to the Season 2 opener of Montreal Mayhem! There were some very solid pool matches and grand finals was incredible nerve-racking.
After the bracket reset, there was one scenario that could have potentially changed the outcome but I happened to make the right read. Well played @Ecodus.
@AK L0rdoftheFLY you're more than welcome man; Montreal Mayhem is open to anyone in town. :)
If and when I go to Canada everyone will be like...

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
avoid Jan-end of Feb unless you like the feeling of your nose hairs curling inward upon inspiration of the cold montreal air.:joker:

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
didn't know we were even missed! I'll try to make my way down this Sunday and bring as many NLA warriors as I can!
please do. I tend to skip over MK due to being bodied by sleep (and my Shang is ass and I need to learn Kung Lao and etc.) but yes you guys were missed!