What's new

MLG working on getting rights to more fighters, "It takes FOREVER for MLG to get rights."

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
With the word of MLG Anaheim ringing in our ears, especially with the possibility of Injustice: Gods Among Us and Killer Instinct being in the mix... can you say "hype!"? We must give MrAdamAp, EVP of MLG Properties credit for responding to all of the fan tweets requesting their games i.e. Injustice and Killer Instinct, to be at MLG. In recent tweet from today, Adam expressed his frustration in a good way explaining that they can't just run a game like a local event. They have to obtain the rights for those games before they can announce anything. And according to Adam, it takes MLG "FOREVER" to get the rights they need.

This would explain why players usually always have a gripe or two about the late announcements. Meaning, say MLG announces Injustice at an event in June but can't announce this until late April or May... it leaves little time for playing to plan, especially if they're flying.

Regardless, this isn't going to stop the fans from flipping out (in a very good way) concerning their game at MLG when and if it's announced!

mlgtweet.jpg

Source: @MrAdamAp

Attachments

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
I wonder if mlg has reached out to nrs capcom aid msoft (for ki). I am honestly hoping they can work something out . I can't see why nrs won't do it being they did it with mk9 then again maybe it's time warner that's causing the issue. A Fighting game mlg with ki, sf; injustice & smash will be so hyped! ! I am crossing my fingers for injustice :)

gabesena

PSN: uB-Sena
CDjr killing FG again

1. Emmanuel F. Brito ‏@MKKI_CDjr 5h
    @MrAdamAp @GGA_Dizzy not enough time to plan and flights get more expensive plus I'm not sponsored at the time.
    Expand

2. Adam Apicella ‏@MrAdamAp 5h
    @MKKI_CDjr @GGA_Dizzy not going to operate an event if folks won't show up.

Hide conversation

12:25 PM - 2 Apr 2014 · Details
    Tweet text
    Reply to @MrAdamAp @MKKI_CDjr @GGA_Dizzy
    Dismiss
    Image will appear as a link
  3. Emmanuel F. Brito ‏@MKKI_CDjr 5h
    @MrAdamAp @GGA_Dizzy it's not about showing up. It's about having time to prepare TO show up.
    Expand

4. Adam Apicella ‏@MrAdamAp 5h
    @MKKI_CDjr @GGA_Dizzy okay, I guess I'll go to plan B then. Not going to run something and have KOF all over again.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
CDjr killing FG again

1. Emmanuel F. Brito ‏@MKKI_CDjr 5h
    @MrAdamAp @GGA_Dizzy not enough time to plan and flights get more expensive plus I'm not sponsored at the time.Expand

2. Adam Apicella ‏@MrAdamAp 5h
    @MKKI_CDjr @GGA_Dizzy not going to operate an event if folks won't show up.

Hide conversation

12:25 PM - 2 Apr 2014 · Details
    Tweet text
    Reply to @MrAdamAp @MKKI_CDjr @GGA_Dizzy
    Dismiss
    Image will appear as a link
  3. Emmanuel F. Brito ‏@MKKI_CDjr 5h
    @MrAdamAp @GGA_Dizzy it's not about showing up. It's about having time to prepare TO show up.Expand

4. Adam Apicella ‏@MrAdamAp 5h
    @MKKI_CDjr @GGA_Dizzy okay, I guess I'll go to plan B then. Not going to run something and have KOF all over again.

EVERYONE RETWEET THIS PLEASE TO REVERSE CD JR BS JUST BECAUSE HE HIMSELF EITHER CANT AFFORD TO GO WHETHER ITs PREPARATION OR
FINANCIAL

CD JR IS NOT THE VOICE OF NRS

T3rror

Noob
Looks like CD is just trying to make sure MLG can get the most participants it can. There could probably be more people showing up with 6 months notice than 2 months.

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
All you guys need to do is have Reo,Brady,Sabin and Detroit tweet this guy and inj will live on through mlg.. Jr isnt the only player that mlg recognizes and listens to.

Think people..

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
If the ppl making the events take too long for it to register thse Top Players of the FGC will use other "Methods" of "Persuasion" of making shit go smoothly.