MLG Announces Over $16K Prize Pool for Mortal Kombat 9 at Winter Championships

Discussion in 'Front Page News' started by STORMS, Feb 20, 2012.

1. STORMS

STORMS "I said... shake, rattle and roll!" Staff Member Administrator

PSN:
    STORMS_TYM
    The Major League Gaming Winter Championship that will hold the anticipated Mortal Kombat 9 tournament will offer $16,700 in pool prizes. As it was announced very recently, this will turn a lot of heads and even maybe see a return of some players from a previous PDP tournamant? We shall see, but more than likely we will be seeing many top players running for this money in Columbus, Ohio on March 23-25. Prizes from 1st to 8th are 1. $6,000 2. $3,600 3. $2,400 4. $1,600 5th/6th $1,000 7th/8th $550.

To view the Mortal Kombat 9 Winter Championships information more in-depth, click here: http://testyourmight.com/threads/mar-23-2012-mlg-winter-championship-columbus-columbus-oh.14044/

Credits: https://twitter.com/#!/Slasher & http://shoryuken.com/2012/02/20/mlg-unveils-16700-prize-pool-for-mortal-kombat-at-winter-championship/ mlgmk9.jpg
    Medina4life, Relaxedstate and Sasarix like this.
  2. DownfouralitY

DownfouralitY FUJIN FOR MKX Premium Supporter

XBL:
    Down4ality
    DAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYMMMM
    Panque, Bidu and McNasty like this.
  3. After seeing these numbers, how could anyone serious about this game choose Final Round over MLG? That's as big a prize pot as we will see for this game, especially for the players who have stuck with this game this long.
  4. garik16

garik16 Noob

Cibernetico, It's NorCal Regionals that conflicts with MLG, Not Final Round.

(And no offense to NCR or NorCal Players, but that's a huge difference - Final Round conflicting would've sucked)
  5. AK L0rdoftheFLY

AK L0rdoftheFLY Consider all of the following please Premium Supporter

Wow.........that is awesome!
  6. Awesomo

Awesomo Noob

That is a spicy meatball 0.0
  7. General M2Dave

General M2Dave Interactables Master Premium Supporter

PSN:
    m2dave
    XBL:
    m2dave
    I say Freddy is ready!

I was going to go anyway, but seeing those pretty $ numbers makes me excited.
    P2W likes this.
  8. GNG Iniquity

GNG Iniquity Lobo Duck for DLC! No moar batz!

C.R.E.A.M.! GET THE MONEY! DOLLAR DOLLAR BILL YA'LL!
  9. Relaxedstate

Relaxedstate PTH|RM Relaxedstate Staff Member Moderator

10. Really? I've heard that it's actually Final Round that is conflicting with this due to traveling expenses for some of those players. I've heard 16 Bit say that it could possibly be a problem for him to attend MLG right after Final Round.
  11. BigMilk

BigMilk Stubborn NW Loyalist

This made me wet my pants...
  12. garik16

garik16 Noob

Cibernetico, yes Final Round - as a big tourney - is competing for travel funds. But It's not on the same date as MLG, so it IS possible to go to both.

By contrast, NCR is on the same date.
    Pig Of The Hut likes this.
  13. Juggs

Juggs Lose without excuses Staff Member Lead Moderator

Hopefully this gets a good turnout. I assume it will be mostly mid west and NE players since it's in Ohio. So basically pay day for REO and CD jr
  14. Shadow Zero Kyo

Shadow Zero Kyo (VSM) Leader of the Tarkatans and I am Shazam

Oh! My! God! I don't believe this. I don't care what game you play, this money is crazy!!!! I see so many players dropping their mains for kitana, raiden, kung lao, kabal, jax, and mileena. lol
  15. XMADDOGGX

XMADDOGGX Noob

Gambling at its finest. And the way this is paying out those tournaments are conflicting with MLG
  16. General M2Dave

General M2Dave Interactables Master Premium Supporter

PSN:
    m2dave
    XBL:
    m2dave
    Are you not forgetting the most dominant MK region, Jugg?

The midwest, including Perfect Legend from what I have heard, will be present too.
  17. Juggs

Juggs Lose without excuses Staff Member Lead Moderator

Who is Perfect Legend??? #Kappa
  18. K7L33THA

K7L33THA Baked Premium Supporter

XBL:
    K7L33THA
    Dat Starcraft moneyz
    REDRUM likes this.
  19. Blackula

Blackula I SEE EVERYTHING! Premium Supporter

HOLY SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  20. KH_Captain

KH_Captain Nightwolf wannabe

i have a feeling PL is gonna show everybody including National Fight game rankings just who PerfectLegend is. I'm not saying he's gonna win but top 3 i think so.
    XMADDOGGX likes this.
  21. NariTuba

NariTuba disMember

22. eskuAdradit0

eskuAdradit0 "Thanks" button abuser.

That's a lot of money. And expect same or higher payouts if you keep your community alive, so let's everyone make a major effort to bring some hype over the game.

I'm not even in the US but you can bet that I'll be following the stream. I'm sensing there will be some crazy competition, which is really good IMO.
  23. PL won't show up....he is scared of REO and CDjr....he doesn't want to get bodied.
  24. Cerebru

Cerebru Noob

XBL:
    Cerebru
    told you.... mlg filled my pockets last year
  25. KH_Captain

KH_Captain Nightwolf wannabe

why would he be scared of REO did you not see him body REO at EVO. lol. (he may be scared of cdjr though, but who wouldn't be that dude is nasty) we'll just have to wait till this tourney to see if PL has slipped any. Only according to APEX it didn't look like it.
  26. matterovermind

matterovermind mindundermatter

Looking at PL's recent twitter, it seems he JUST got wind of the pot for this tournament. I think it's fair to say he will be there. Going to be hype!