What's new

MKX Top 8 at Combo Breaker 2015 is Tonight at 7:30 CDT

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
In keeping with Chicago tradition, the Top 16 -> Top 8 MKX bracket today put the cap on a fascinating tournament's worth of bracket play. As with Injustice's first UFGT in 2013, there were several surprising wins, some involving players who may not even have been predicted to survive their pools.

Among today's bigger upsets were CORN's Alucard, who tore a hole through the bracket with Kotal Kahn on his way to Top 8, defeating Blind Ducky in a bitterly-fought Winner's Top 16 match. Forever King Jr. also won himself a number of fans today, using Ferra/Torr to defeat Denzell Terry's vaunted Sub Zero. And Khaotic Raptor would ultimately take King Jr.'s scorpion out in Losers, becoming the first player to place at a major with Takeda and his Shirai Ryu variation.

Special mention also goes to GGA's Nikolasss, who's responded to his setbacks at Toruyken with an incredibly impressive run at Combo Breaker, defeating KDZ, MIT, Justin Wong and Tom Brady on his way to his first Top 8.

Tonight's fatal 8 is now finalized, and will be broadcast on Spooky's stream (http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky) around 7:30 PM CDT barring any internet issues.

The lineup:

WINNERS
GGA Dizzy vs. REO
CORN alucarD vs. Yomi |ForeverKing

LOSERS
Yomi | Michaelangelo vs. Khaotic Raptor
GGA Nikoasss vs. cR. SonicFox

These finals are packed with some of the best players to play this game at this point, and it's sure to be an exciting evening. See you all there!

Attachments

Last edited:

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
I honestly think raptor has a strong chance to win this. Takeda plays quan very strong but it's gonna be tough to beat Kung jin or raiden

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
This is going to be so EPIC! Oh man I freaking love tournament season! No w that Tom is out I don't really care who wins, they all deserve to at this point so I'm just going to sit back and enjoy.