What's new

Video/Tutorial - Quan Chi #MKX Quan Chi Analysis w/ MK9 comparisons by KombatHouston

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Here is a great Quan Chi breakdown video by KombatHouston, especially for those who never played Mortal Kombat 9 (2011). Not only does KombatHouston take us through the Mortal Kombat X Quan Chi reveal trailer, but they also add in the Mortal Kombat 9 comparison moves, meaning his special moves.

In addition to this, we see possible start-up combos, normals and more in this video breakdown.

Attachments

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
It's not hard to look higher tier when your opponent doesn't move or block when it matters and when nobody can see frame data :p
I'd rather wait for the game to be released...
I was more reffering to a better moveset and specials lol not the gameplay. but your right

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
his special moves don't have the same properties they did in mk9, but we can dream. zatanna looked great in her trailer and look how she turned out.

I dont think he gets armor I think he become immune to projectiles.
a guy from here got to play quan chi for a little while and he said it's super armor. i also saw a video where quan used the green circle and absorbed a physical attack. but that video was bad quality so who knows.

Reactions: JDM

JDM

Noob
his special moves don't have the same properties they did in mk9, but we can dream. zatanna looked great in her trailer and look how she turned out.

a guy from here got to play quan chi for a little while and he said it's super armor. i also saw a video where quan used the green circle and absorbed a physical attack. but that video was bad quality so who knows.
ah okay. I thought it was weird how they only showed him getting hit by a projectile and not only that, it just looked like he was invincible.

JDM

Noob
Ah there's a flash around him that time for sure, unlike the trailer.

It KINDA looks like he threw a skull at point blank range too, though. Idk. I find it weird that they'd pick a projectile to showcase that move having armor-properties rather than him blowing through a move, you know?

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
Ah there's a flash around him that time for sure, unlike the trailer.

It KINDA looks like he threw a skull at point blank range too, though. Idk. I find it weird that they'd pick a projectile to showcase that move having armor-properties rather than him blowing through a move, you know?
it looked like the quan on the left used a point blank trance and the one on the right absorbed it, but then he gets hit by a d1 even though he's still in the circle. it's so hard to tell and to top it off, no one hardly picks sorcerer variation.

Reactions: JDM

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Something tells me that portal shit is going to be Kenshi-levels of annoying.
Not sure. While his duckable grab somehow reminds me of teleflurry-like moves, they don't look like they have speed of teleflurry, and mid portal stab is metered and looks really slow, and runes don't seem to be unjumpable.
Granted, people who tried him on expos call his zoning "ok, but not braindead", so maybe there's something to it. For now, I can't say I understand strengths of character with moveset like this. We need to see what will happen to him later and figure out actual properties of those moves (like tracking, hit level, hitboxes, framedata... you know).

Last edited: