What's new

MKX (Practice Mode) (Temple Matrix)

What would you like to see in this way?

I put my position:

1.- Better recording system (Sometimes fails to replay).
2.- System combos challenges (Something like SFIV) or missions (I've always dreamed of creating missions).
3.-That keeps the injustice system (Select right, left or center screen).
4.-I hope that it has more than 8 slot to register :)
5.-Being able to record the movement of the characters and then replicate in practice.

???

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
- Ability to program bot directly, something like in SC5. Stuff it with as many possible scripting tools as you can come up with;
- Ability to set up initial (reset) position on the stage for both characters manually, not just "right, left, center, 1st player to the left/right". IGAU kind of had something like that but it was either rubbish or I just suck at understanding how such things work.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Practice mode needs to be as good as Injustice with all the features currently. I would also absolutely LOVE a combo trial mode. It's a great way to learn B n' B's for everyone and to be honest, I fucking love combo trial modes in games. I'd MUCH rather have a combo trial mode for all characters instead of some stupid Challenge Tower that feels more like work than a game.

Practice mode needs to be as good as Injustice with all the features currently. I would also absolutely LOVE a combo trial mode. It's a great way to learn B n' B's for everyone and to be honest, I fucking love combo trial modes in games. I'd MUCH rather have a combo trial mode for all characters instead of some stupid Challenge Tower that feels more like work than a game.
Right!

So I would like to create combos for people in that way.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Right!

So I would like to create combos for people in that way.
An amazing thing they could do also would be free updates with new combos added to trial mode as the game matures. Man, I'd love that. Or even some way to upload your own combos into a portion of the online mode that other players could download and try to recreate.

The practice mode should have EVERYTHING. And it's really not that hard for them to put it in- just about every practice feature is basically a debugging tool that the developer already has, and just needs to give to the player.

I posted this in another thread of the same topic:

1. An initial tutorial that is extremely in depth (I think Killer Instinct's dojo mode is a good example)
  2. Frame data, included in the pause menu and the option to have it shown real-time (similar to Virtua Fighter, DoA, and KI)
  3. Hit-stun, recovery, and block stun overlays to indicate when a character is in whatever state- this helps understand certain moves having variable block/hitstun (similar to Tekken Tag 2's system)
  4. Frame step- you should be able to go frame by frame to see which one corresponds to which point in an animation (Skullgirls has this)
  5. Hitbox data
  6. Meter-building data
  7. AI recording
  8. Ability to set your own character to a certain block state while you record the AI's moves
  9. Save-state ability (USFIV has a good one)
  10. Multi-move recording and randomization (similar to Tekken Tag 2's)
  11. Basic programmable states for the AI: Auto block, Block Low, Block High, Jump, Jump Forward, Jump back
  12. Lag simulation
  13. preset reversal moves (special move presets, like in Injustice, but should also include MB versions of moves)
  14. Programmable reversals (you can record what move/movement the AI does exactly after blocking an attack)
  15. Tech rolls, wakeups, meter-burn wakeups as well. Should also be able to program the AI to do whatever we record it to as soon as it gets out of a knockdown.
  16. Backdash as a reversal option, and for something the AI should do immediately upon getting up.
  17. Basic in-training guides for the characters (similar to Soul Calibur)
  18. Move training that works similar to the excellent move-training in DoA. Where if you press one button it will show all possible followups.
  19. Challenges and missions specific to each character (Similar to SF4 and MVC3)
  20. Online training mode so we can practice with online friends.
  21. I should still be able to pin overlays of certain strings and special moves to be constantly shown under my lifebar- same as it was in Injustice.

The more features, the better.

Last edited:

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?

I put my position:

2.- System combos challenges (Something like SFIV) or missions (I've always dreamed of creating missions).
5.-Being able to record the movement of the characters and then replicate in practice.

???
Paulo told me the practice mode will be everything injustice was and better.

SZSR

Noob
Ability to select another of your character's variation or your opponent's character variation while in practice mode.

An amazing thing they could do also would be free updates with new combos added to trial mode as the game matures. Man, I'd love that. Or even some way to upload your own combos into a portion of the online mode that other players could download and try to recreate.
Awesome idea! that's even better!

The practice mode should have EVERYTHING. And it's really not that hard for them to put it in- just about every practice feature is basically a debugging tool that the developer already has, and just needs to give to the player.

I posted this in another thread of the same topic:

1. An initial tutorial that is extremely in depth (I think Killer Instinct's dojo mode is a good example)
  2. Frame data, included in the pause menu and the option to have it shown real-time (similar to Virtua Fighter, DoA, and KI)
  3. Hit-stun, recovery, and block stun overlays to indicate when a character is in whatever state- this helps understand certain moves having variable block/hitstun (similar to Tekken Tag 2's system)
  4. Frame step- you should be able to go frame by frame to see which one corresponds to which point in an animation (Skullgirls has this)
  5. Hitbox data
  6. Meter-building data
  7. AI recording
  8. Ability to set your own character to a certain block state while you record the AI's moves
  9. Save-state ability (USFIV has a good one)
  10. Multi-move recording and randomization (similar to Tekken Tag 2's)
  11. Basic programmable states for the AI: Auto block, Block Low, Block High, Jump, Jump Forward, Jump back
  12. Lag simulation
  13. preset reversal moves (special move presets, like in Injustice, but should also include MB versions of moves)
  14. Programmable reversals (you can record what move/movement the AI does exactly after blocking an attack)
  15. Tech rolls, wakeups, meter-burn wakeups as well. Should also be able to program the AI to do whatever we record it to as soon as it gets out of a knockdown.
  16. Backdash as a reversal option, and for something the AI should do immediately upon getting up.
  17. Basic in-training guides for the characters (similar to Soul Calibur)
  18. Move training that works similar to the excellent move-training in DoA. Where if you press one button it will show all possible followups.
  19. Challenges and missions specific to each character (Similar to SF4 and MVC3)
  20. Online training mode so we can practice with online friends.
  21. I should still be able to pin overlays of certain strings and special moves to be constantly shown under my lifebar- same as it was in Injustice.

The more features, the better.
KI3 The dojo is great!

Badfulgore

Beta Tester

I put my position:

???
2.- Challenges combos System (Something like SFIV) or missions (I've always dreamed of creating missions).
I would love this option. But with a system for determining the level of each person. (strokes per minute speed, difficult movements, precision like street figher combo, tekken 5 ...
4.- Necessary