What's new

MKX PDP Controller now available for pre-order!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter

The official MKX Performance Designed Products Controller is now available to pre-order from GameStop!

Designed specifically for fighting games with a precision d-pad, a 6 button arcade-style layout, and DUAL-PLATFORM COMPATIBILITY, these controllers are ideal for casual and professional fighting game players alike.

Available for both the PS4/PS3 and XBONE/360. These are being released along side MKX, (site has the release date set for 4/1/2015) for $49.99. If previous themed fight pads are any indication, you might want to get these asap. I used the SF chun-li fightpad for MK9, Injustice and SSF4, and it works great. If you love the buttons part of an arcade stick but never could get used to the joystick, this is the perfect controller for you! And before you ask, no, this is not a sponsor, I just love these controllers!

Xbox One/360 pre-order from GameStop: http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/mortal-kombat-x-fight-pad/120366
Playstation 4/PS3 pre-order from GameStop: http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/mortal-kombat-x-fight-pad/120364

@CrimsonShadow @STORMS @RM GamerBlake

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
Just in time too. My controller's starting to take a turn for the worse and I couldn't ask for anything better. Well, maybe a hitbox :D

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Looks awesome but I wish it was included within one of the special editions.
Right? I mean, they could have a TE edition with Goro, Season Pass, and the PDP MKX Controller for like $130. To be fair though, the edition with the Season pass + Goro is $90, and the contoller is $50, so it's only $140. I will probably get one for both a PS4 and XB1 since tournaments seem to be going with PS4.

I'm hype though. I've been wanting a controller like this since the original fightpad. The SF fightpads had those hockey floating d-pads that weren't that great for MK, but I loved the buttons. This gives me the d-pad I want (close enough) and the buttons. Can't wait!

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Thank you, based @Juggs! I am so unbelievably hype for this controller. Design-wise, it's exactly what I've been looking for, and it being the MKX controller on top of that is a whole hell of a lot of icing on the cake for me.

C-Sword

Noob
I'll give it a try, but don't expect the dpad to be very good, come on look at it and it's made by PDP. I still think the HFC4 is a much better option than this.

Noob
I'll give it a try, but don't expect the dpad to be very good, come on look at it and it's made by PDP. I still think the HFC4 is a much better option than this.
I thought you had said that the HFC4 breaks fairly easily. I'm interested in it and in the MK pad, but I don't want to put my money into the inferior product.

C-Sword

Noob
I thought you had said that the HFC4 breaks fairly easily. I'm interested in it and in the MK pad, but I don't want to put my money into the inferior product.
Yes it does, but the dpad is actually great when it works. I also don't expect the pdp one to last longer.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Even by pdp's consistently appalling standards,these pads are grot of the highest order.
enjoy your day good people.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I've never owned a PDP controller that lasted more than a week, so I think I'll pass. Also, is it just me or does the d pad look identical to the Xbox One controller? Personally, the d pad on the One's controller is perfectly fine for me, so this becomes a waste of money.

ruff321

Noob
I bought the Battlefield 4 PDP controller a while ago and it stopped working after 3 days of use. 3 FUCKING DAYS. If you're going to buy a quality pad you might as well go with the HORI

hfc4 ? where can i find this? i tried typing it to Google but i couldn't find it

Noob
I will say this:

I've owned a few of the hori fight pads for 360 and found the Dpad to be one of the best, so I expect that the dpad on the HFC4 to be equally as good.

Likewise, I've also owned a PDP Afterglow for 360 and I find that the Dpad is extremely comfortable and easy to use for execution for fighting games. If the PDP MKX pad is equally as good, then PDP has a good product on their hands.