What's new

General/Other - Kung Lao MKX Kung Lao: Why he is alive & aged

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
T

That makes a lot sense....
But White eyes are the dead giveaway for ressurrection in the MK universe.... and he doesn't have them. Though neither does Kitana.... So that theory seems the most legit.
I actually had to youtube the Raiden vs Quan Chi fight to make sure he was in there and sure enough, him and Kitana come out in the same wave of fighters.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
They could possibly retcon Raiden even visiting Quan-Chi in MK9
Doubt that as well, since Quan Chi obviously has some kind of thing going on with Kitana. Notice how we only ever hear 2 lines in their introduction, where as the standard is a 3 line back-and-forth. We are missing something in that first quote that Kitana says, probably has to do with plot details.

Also, Scorpion knows about Quan Chi's deception about his clan through his dialogue, so that means MK9 stuff had to have happened like Raiden talking to Scorp and the story endings.

This leads me to believe that something happened, perhaps the merging of the realms and the ending of Shao Khan's reign voided his contract with Quan Chi. However, certain people of importance (Specifically importance to Liu Kang) were kept tied directly to Quan Chi through an act of Shinnok. Scorpion was freed of his master, probably a gift of the elder gods. A gift Quan Chi was not pleased to have happen. After manipulating Forest Fox (with Shinnok's help) he spurs Scorpion back into battle, but not before bringing about Takeda's introduction into the bloodsport.

As the future unfolds, Raiden bears witness to the return of old foes and the fall of old friends as well. One such friend is Fujin, who falls in battle at the Elder God's Palace by a hooded individual. He reaches out to his old allies, realizing that Shao Khan's contract was relinquished by the new Khan, Kotal. Some respond, namely the progeny of Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade, as well as the daughter of Jax. Others, however, cannot be reached. Liu Kang, Earthrealm's greatest ally, is missing after his murder at the hands of Raiden, and Kung Lao has also barred contact, disappearing from the Thunder God's eyes.

In this new, ruthless time, Earthrealm stands once again on the brink of disaster. Will Raiden be able to bring about peace again? Or will Earthrealm give birth to its own demise?
Will the fallen Elder God Shinnok reclaim his place, or will Raiden be able to hold off his brutal advance?
Will Kotal Khan break the delicate balance, and bring new life to his Khan title? Will an old ruler, with more to gain from this turmoil, return to claim his rightful throne?
Will the Black Dragon finally show their hand, pick a side, or come out on top after the work has been done for them?

Only time will tell.

At least thats what I gather from it. I'm probably WAYYYYYYYYYYYY off.

astronout

see you at the top.
As far a shang tsung goes, its still too early to tell whether he will play a role or not, his power was used to enhance Sindel abilities, but the exact outcome after that was never actually shown...maybe he was put in a weakened state near death, and was thrown in a dungeon somewhere....I for one don't believe he is dead...I mean its shang tsung we are talking about here, a bad ass sorcerer..
shang will never die! too much swag...

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
Nothin makes sense in MK so im not bothered by kung lao's return. However, what really annoys me is, why does he sound like a 17 year old?

totally not feeling his voice, but thats just me

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
I'm thinking someone made a deal with Quan Chi for Kung Lao, that's all I can think of. He doesn't seem to be under Quan Chi's control either.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
This is pure speculation and a damn good one at that, as to the reason why Kung Lao is back, as well as aged like he never left..

The way I see it, its simple really, Shao Kahn broke the rules of Mortal Kombat in killing Kung Lao outside of an actual match, this man had just fought in multiple matches back to back, and after coming out victorious, Kahn sore loser a** broke his neck for no good reason, I'm speculating Raiden goes to the elder gods after putting an end to Shao Kahn and asks for him to be returned since he was killed outside of the rules...

Now this leaves me thinking about the whole situation with the rest of the earthrealm kombatants and Sindel...I do believe they were killed outside of the rules as well, but then again maybe the elder gods will turn a blind eye to what went down in the monastery. Quan Chi does have most of the fallen warriors souls...

Side note: So with Kung Lao being back, this totally opens the gate for anyone who was killed, or supposedly killed in Mk9 to be revived, and make an appearance in MKX, I stand by my theory that Liu Kang will indeed return, possibly as a god, or older, one thing I feel is for sure, he definitely will be on the neutral, or even have it out for Raiden, I'm thinking over the 25 year period Liu Kang goes rogue, and goes through changes along the way....anyway that's my speculation, just wanted to share it.

If u have your own theories please leave them below!
I made a similar speculation about Liu Kang going rogue...people rallied against it because "it can't be just about old characters". But it's cool I'm not the only one who thinks this.