What's new

MKX Gets $10k Pot Bonus from NRS For NEC 16; 3 WEEKS AWAY!!

BigE

Elder God
NetherRealm Studios and Warner Bros. Games adds $10,000 to the Mortal Kombat X prize pool at NEC16! Expect to see world class talent as the best players in the world challenge each other to Mortal Kombat at NEC16! Find out "Who's Next" to be crowned champion from December, 11-13 in Valley Forge, PA.

NEC 16 is only 3 WEEKS AWAY!!! Check out the event thread for all the details on NEC 16 here: http://testyourmight.com/threads/dec-11-2015-northeast-championship-xvi-mkx-10k-pot-bonus-from-nrs-king-of-prussia-pa.55516/

NEC16_logo.jpg

Attachments

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
NRS I think might still support this game way after IGAU2 comes out the way this is looking. Good on them.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
This is great news as it also means pxp will very likely be sending the grampa to steal that prize money from under your noses.

Should have snapped him up while you had the chance yomi ;)

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
Great news.

I just wish NRS would support the european scene more.
Give it time. The game has been played internationally. Once people see the scenes starting up in Germany, Russia, Japan (yes Japan plays this game) and The Philippines... Anything is on the table.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Woooooooo

Awesome support from NetherRealm -- it was asked and they delivered. Let it never be said again that they don't support the tournament scene.

Thanks Ed :)

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
This really is great to see. It's very important too, its marking what I, and I'm sure thousands of others, hope is that ascension of the FGC into a solid e-sport. The level of badassery possible when the FGC can fully support multiple pros across multiple games will be a beautiful beautiful thing, and the benefits for the fans are far more than just watching our favorite players.

I picked a good time to get in to the FGC, I really feel like we're on the cusp of something incredible.

Jolt

Uprise
Does any one have any idea what the weather/driving conditions up in PA is like around the time of this event? I'm guessing snowy. We don't know what to do with snow down here in AL so I figured I'd ask before making travel plans lol. Less worried about snow, and more worried about roads actually being taken care of because IF I make it, it will be a looooooooooooooong trip

Does any one have any idea what the weather/driving conditions up in PA is like around the time of this event? I'm guessing snowy. We don't know what to do with snow down here in AL so I figured I'd ask before making travel plans lol. Less worried about snow, and more worried about roads actually being taken care of because IF I make it, it will be a looooooooooooooong trip
This early in december, chance for snow is super low, BUT it is possible, as it happened 2 years ago for injustice. They do start plowing as the snow starts coming down, but even without that, the snow report was accurate enough to give people the choice to leave early sunday before the snow, or wait it out till monday morning.

This part of PA is by philadelphia, which is closer to the coast. The PA you are thinking of is out 6 hours west by pittsburg where they have BRUTAL winters.

Very very unlikely to get a snowstorm, So come and have a great time

How about spending those pot bonuses into rewriting the entire NETCODE AND FIX ONLINE
Yes totally agree with you, have you seen the amount of new Lius and Takedas online latelly? everyone abusing the online shinenigans? and random advantages? Its so anoying. Good thing those get wrecked offline :D