What's new

MKX. . . DLC the smart move by NRS

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I see why some are acting like Cage + Sonya is a redundant thing but let's think this through. I understand it's due to Cassie being there but acting like having Cage AND Sonya is overkill is pretty odd considering they are nothing alike other than the fact that they finally hooked up and fucked. They've been in the same game multiple times before and that was never a problem. As far as Cassie goes, other than one of her strings ending with a shadow kick (which is irrelevant and is just there as a tribute to her dad) and having a nut-punch what's the big deal? She seems like she plays nothing like Cage. We haven't seen Sonya yet but I'm pretty sure she'll be different because NRS are not dumb. Did you guys think Jade + Mileena + Kitana was overkill? I mean you had Kitana, her sister, and her best friend. And they looked kinda similar too! I really don't see the big deal about this. Was Sektor + Cyrax + Cyber Sub redundant? Or is it OK as long as they're not family?

Plus, we haven't played the story yet, and there's a pretty good chance this was needed. This whole idea stems from initially everyone assuming that Cassie will just be a Cage/Sonya hybrid and thus there would be no need for Cage and Sonya.
I've been saying this stuff in several threads. These people just don't get it.

Rude

To be fair he wasn't an actual character, it's more of a situation where he could end up being a pretty badass character but NRS hasn't done it yet. Personally I think he's pretty lame but NRS could definitely make him an awesome character.
Maybe they could. It's possible. My question is, "Why?" Why do people ride this character's jock so hard? Tremor used to be a joke. He has no character, no personality, no back story to have such a cult following. He's just a dirt ninja. Why do people care so much about a vapid, backgroundless Dirt Ninja?

Maybe they could. It's possible. My question is, "Why?" Why do people ride this character's jock so hard? Tremor used to be a joke. He has no character, no personality, no back story to have such a cult following. He's just a dirt ninja. Why do people care so much about a vapid, backgroundless Dirt Ninja?
Can't tell you man, people are weird lol. Like I said I think he's lame as fuck but apparently people love anything that's dressed up as a ninja.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I have never met a single person who identifies themselves as a MK fan who doesn't recognize Baraka, even if they just say the guy with Blade arms and shark teeth, the guy who looks like wanderlei silva, baraka obama, etc.
He's hella known because he's got FUCKING BLADE ARMS

I can't put it any simpler than that. Casuals aren't identifying w/ characters based on what they did in the lore, they're going off of badass-itude. And Baraka is filled with it

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
I have never met a single person who identifies themselves as a MK fan who doesn't recognize Baraka, even if they just say the guy with Blade arms and shark teeth, the guy who looks like wanderlei silva, baraka obama, etc.
He's hella known because he's got FUCKING BLADE ARMS

I can't put it any simpler than that. Casuals aren't identifying w/ characters based on what they did in the lore, they're going off of badass-itude. And Baraka is filled with it
Okay but the amount of people who say "blade arms and shark teeth" outweigh the amount of people who say "black dude with metal arms".

This started by me saying Baraka is not one of the most recognizable characters...there are, at least, ten more recognizable.

I'm not sure anybody realizes what this was about anymore.

Rude

Okay but the amount of people who say "blade arms and shark teeth" outweigh the amount of people who say "black dude with metal arms".

This started by me saying Baraka is not one of the most recognizable characters...there are, at least, ten more recognizable.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast

Baraka IS one of the most recognizable. Your point is patently false, according to google. If you look up "most recognizable mk characters" baraka is the first one listed lol

I don't see how you can't understand that he's practically synonymous with mk

FinalBoss_FGC

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast

FinalBoss_FGC

you said yourself we're talking about recognizable, not greatest. For the last and final time in no way is a fucking blade sworded gangster who's already got a built in nostalgia factor not one of the most recognizable mk characters.

Lol I was just trolling. I don't care for the guy and I don't have a nostalgia factor for him. I do for Jax tho...with his FOR REAL gangsta ass look.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Lol I was just trolling. I don't care for the guy and I don't have a nostalgia factor for him. I do for Jax tho...with his FOR REAL gangsta ass look.
lol jax and raka are always the first 2 i play in mk games. If Jax is in I'm gonna have to jump on that ish too!