What's new

MKX. . . DLC the smart move by NRS

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
The game being a next generation installation and available on PC means ... DLC out the ass. They could literally just put every character ever, into the game. Over time of course. Expand upon stages, add new modes, the possibilities are endless. This is not just about characters anymore. This is their way to create not just a steady income but something we might be playing not just next year but in five years, perhaps.

Bugman

Noob
Here are my three DLC that I hope they would be in the game:
1. Shang Tsung
2. Fujin
3. Tanya

As far as my guest characters that I hope they would be in the game:
Spawn or Chucky lol just saying.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
The game being a next generation installation and available on PC means ... DLC out the ass. They could literally just put every character ever, into the game. Over time of course. Expand upon stages, add new modes, the possibilities are endless. This is not just about characters anymore. This is their way to create not just a steady income but something we might be playing not just next year but in five years, perhaps.
I doubt this would happen but would be psyched if it does.

trufenix

bye felicia
Yeah you can't run a company on dlc. Nrs has to move on when the release money dries up.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Hey man, I highlighted what you were wrong about.

Check it out and fix your mistakes.

He's probably not even in the top 10 of easily identifiable MK characters.

Shao Kahn, Goro, Raiden, Jax, Johnny Cage, Shang Tsung, Sub Zero, Scorpion, Lui Kang, and Kano are all more easily identified with MK.
Not to mention the Robot Ninjas and Sindel.
woah woah woah among casuals the guy with freaking blade arms is way more recognizable than over half of those

casuals don't give a fuck about these generic human esque characters when a half shark man half blade half gangster tarkatan exists

Forget DLC's, give us a full fledged expansion. I've never seen a fighting game get one before. Unlikely, but does anyone know of such occurence?

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
woah woah woah among casuals the guy with freaking blade arms is way more recognizable than over half of those

casuals don't give a fuck about these generic human esque characters when a half shark man half blade half gangster tarkatan exists
Casuals just play whatever. I've never played Player Match set with a random who just used anybody...let alone Baraka.

Street Fighter 4/Super Street Fighter 4/Ultra Street Fighter 4

Dead or Alive 5/Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate/Dead or Alive 5 Last Round

Mortal Kombat 3/Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
Street Fighter 4/Super Street Fighter 4/Ultra Street Fighter 4

Dead or Alive 5/Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate/Dead or Alive 5 Last Round

Mortal Kombat 3/Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
Except I don't think those are expansions. Those are full games, separate than the first entry. An expansion is an add-on to the base game that has a lot of content within it. Think Mists of Pandoria for World of Warcraft.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Except I don't think those are expansions. Those are full games, separate than the first entry. An expansion is an add-on to the base game that has a lot of content within it. Think Mists of Pandoria for World of Warcraft.
I say they fall into the same category personally, but I understand what you mean.
Also the most expanding you can do for a Fighter is add more characters and game modes.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
So Tremor is redundant when we have Jax... but Jax isn't redundant when we have Jaqui... ok
No. I said that Jax's ground pound and Tremor's earthshake work basically the same.

Jacqui and Jax isn't redudant because they won't play the same way, won't have the same moves, etc.

DERP!

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Tremor can be made into a very Flashy character with his type of power. Comparing Jax made your argument pretty bad.
Considering the only time he's been playable has been with Jax's moves...not really at all.

How will he be "flashy." I said Jax' ground pound, and Tremor making the ground shake are basically the same move.

And no one has told me anything significant as to who Tremor is, what his personality is, what his character arch is, or anything of value about him.

So you want to play a ninja(certainly not redundant at all, amirite) that throws rocks and dirt at people. LE EXCITING!

Considering the only time he's been playable has been with Jax's moves...not really at all.

How will he be "flashy." I said Jax' ground pound, and Tremor making the ground shake are basically the same move.

And no one has told me anything significant as to who Tremor is, what his personality is, what his character arch is, or anything of value about him.

So you want to play a ninja(certainly not redundant at all, amirite) that throws rocks and dirt at people. LE EXCITING!
To be fair he wasn't an actual character in the challenge tower, he was just copy and pasted. It's more of a situation where he could end up being a pretty badass character but NRS hasn't done it yet. Personally I think he's pretty lame but NRS could definitely make him an awesome character.

Reactions: SLy