What's new

MKX. . . DLC the smart move by NRS

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Would it? Would it, really?

Why? Why would it look like, "Sex?" A guy punches the ground and it shakes. Maybe some dirt shoots up as he does it. Why is that better? It's the same thing.

You know, Sub Zero's freeze had a "scatter" animation in previous MK games.

I'm sorry, but you haven't convinced me that these "Earth Powers" are so impressive that the apparent demand for Tremor would have us believe.

He's a D grade boss in an F grade MK spin-off game. You know, I'm pretty sure they had a rock monster in Sub-Zero: Mythologies. Maybe we should include him, too?
So Tremor is redundant when we have Jax... but Jax isn't redundant when we have Jaqui... ok

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
All right. What the fuck is everyone's obsession with Tremor all of a sudden?

Did any of you play MK: Special Forces?

Can anyone PLEASE tell me something of substance about his character? Background? Personality?

Because if he's just a ninja with dirt/stone powers...I don't get it.

Jax makes the ground shake, already. Turning people to stone and freezing them aren't a whole lot different from one another.

So...why do people care about the poop colored ninja?

I. Just. Don't. Get. It.
It's ok. You don't need to get it.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
I see why some are acting like Cage + Sonya is a redundant thing but let's think this through. I understand it's due to Cassie being there but acting like having Cage AND Sonya is overkill is pretty odd considering they are nothing alike other than the fact that they finally hooked up and fucked. They've been in the same game multiple times before and that was never a problem. As far as Cassie goes, other than one of her strings ending with a shadow kick (which is irrelevant and is just there as a tribute to her dad) and having a nut-punch what's the big deal? She seems like she plays nothing like Cage. We haven't seen Sonya yet but I'm pretty sure she'll be different because NRS are not dumb. Did you guys think Jade + Mileena + Kitana was overkill? I mean you had Kitana, her sister, and her best friend. And they looked kinda similar too! I really don't see the big deal about this. Was Sektor + Cyrax + Cyber Sub redundant? Or is it OK as long as they're not family?

Plus, we haven't played the story yet, and there's a pretty good chance this was needed. This whole idea stems from initially everyone assuming that Cassie will just be a Cage/Sonya hybrid and thus there would be no need for Cage and Sonya.
Im slowly getting over the fact that a big part of this roster is going to be just family members/younger versions of fan favorite characters. I think why people are so upset (I sure was) is that MK was always (not counting the 3 first games :D) a freakshow in terms of the roster. This was basically the purpouse why I love theese series, they are just full of interesting looking characters. Of course MKX doesnt lack those freaks from what we have seen but personally I feel that having 3 Cage family members, Jax and his daughter plus Kenshi and Takeda (this can change but so far he just looks like a younger Kenshi) is just lazy. If it comes to your example, im sure its easier to design 3 robots that dont look alike than make another sonya military costume bullshit. No hate here, just disappointment (probably caused by unhealthy hype). Hope you get what I mean. As I said before somewhere, my English is pretty rusty.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
So you're telling me if you were to go around with pictures of Shang Tsung, Shao Kahn, Sektor/Cyrax, and Sindel, you think more people would identify them than Baraka?

As for the rest of your list, Baraka is in there with them and after Subzero, Scorpion, and Reptile, amongst casuals he'd be recognized as well as the rest of them.
I could pinky promise that if I show my mom Shang Tsung, Shao Kahn or Cyrax/Sektor she'd know they are from MK. Maybe not Sindel.

But she even asked me the other day "who is that?" When I was playing Baraka online on MK9. Lol and she only knows very little about the first couple of games.

Guess I also have a bias because I hate how irrelevant Baraka is.

darkmoonlight_va

Kitana Assassin Main
I wouldn't be surprised if one of the klassic kharacters were either Fujin or Baraka
Secondly, if the rumor is right about the DLC having Predator and that guy from Predator, they almost have to have a female character in the DLC. So that would be most likely Tanya or Jade but since Jade already has a way in MKX I see it being Tanya.
So probably:
1. Fujin/Baraka
2. Tanya/other female character

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
I +1 with everyone baffled at Tremor's popularity. All I'm seeing is Bane in MK Ninja garb.

So Tremor is redundant when we have Jax... but Jax isn't redundant when we have Jaqui... ok
Jax and Jaqui have more surface potential to be different than Sonya and Cassie though...

BlackJackSnack

Bags of mostly water
Considering we're also getting 15 costumes I say it seems enough (though isn't it 4 characters?).
Ohh yeah I mean that doesn't seem so bad I just want more characters than injustice I guess lol. I thought it was 4 characters and a guest character but I wasn't sure to be honest

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
Baraka is definitely one of the most recognizable MK character,

Ohh yeah I mean that doesn't seem so bad I just want more characters than injustice I guess lol. I thought it was 4 characters and a guest character but I wasn't sure to be honest
Well the Pass only has 4 "full characters" and 5 packs for alt skins (so 15 outfits) so who knows how they're going to break it down. I'd assume they'd want maximum profit for the guest character so maybe they won't be part of the Pass?

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Ok, these would be the best DLC for MKX hands down:

Klassic Kombatants:
- Cyber Cyktor: var1=Cyrax, var2=Sektor, var3=Cybersmoke
- Noob-Smoke: var1=Noob, var2=smoke, var3:noob-smoke

Guests:
- Predator
- Tremor

The End :coffee:.