What's new

MKX at PSX- BruskPoet's Interview With Shaun Himmerick

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Note: Some of this information is a repeat of the previous information gathered by GameInformer as per this article. ~ STORMS

A friend of The Kombat Tether's, BruskPoet, had the chance to interview Netherrealm Studios' Executive Producer Shaun Himmerick at The Playstation Experience this past weekend. Below are transcribed notes from the audio BurskPoet collected from his interview detailing more about NRS' newest game Mortal Kombat X!

- We will learn more of the games story in January/February.
- There will be no 'day' or 'night' version of stages in MKX, but some stages will feature a 'dynamic weather system' that will change as the match progresses.
- The character select screen is not final, the final roster count depends on how much they can 'jam in' before release.
- Shaun placed further emphasis on Quan Chi's resurrection abilities in the past and stated again that MKX will have 'revenants' of some of those who fell in MK9.
- Every stage will have some form of environmental interaction.
- The game is to be submitted next month for the final stage of development.
- A lot of characters are 'finished' back at NetherRealm Studios.
- When asked about unlockable characters, Shaun stated he couldn't answer that question.
- There will not be 'Babalities' in Mortal Kombat X as they do not fit this new style of Mortal Kombat.
- It is very probable that we will see Fatalities in the story mode.
- There will be some form of 'King Of The Hill' in online play.
- Goro is Shaun's favourite character in the game at this point, he will get a reveal trailer eventually.
pse.jpg

Sources: Here and here

@STORMS
@Goldy
@RM GamerBlake
@STB Shujinkydink Woops thought he was a mod...

Last edited by a moderator:

virtiqaL

Noob
Interesting.

Kinda miffed about no babalities, but I understand why. However, I hope there is still some alternative -ality for humiliation/trolling purposes. Maybe brutalities?

Dark

Noob
Excited for story mode info and goro trailer.

As for the final roster depending on how many they can "jam in".. Does that mean all the characters wont feature in story mode?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Great stuff, can't wait for my girls to be revealed, Female Ninjas and Demons lets go!

Babalities out, Brutalities, at least i hope so.

AZTEC-GOD

I will kill you for sport.
All this info is amazeballs! I love the new weather changing dynamics for stages, thats sick! Definitely looking forward to seeing Goro's trailer and new design as well.

Love the story and game is more serious without babalities too, and of course they'll have a more gruesome replacement for it - rooting for brutalities. I hope we get the Goro trailer soon tho, wtf it should've been released with his DLC pre-order announcement. If people saw his new and badass design/gameplay, maybe it would've turned some people who weren't too crazy about him.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I don't like this jamming characters thing when it comes to balance.

This also gives me hope that the one to submit was kuai liang when it comes to becoming a revenant, I need to see some bi han testosteroid alpha male dick action.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
- The character select screen is not final, the final roster count depends on how much they can 'jam in' before release.
Make me think about the quality of DLC characters they will provide this time ....
- Shaun placed further emphasis on Quan Chi's resurrection abilities in the past and stated again that MKX will have 'revenants' of some of those who fell in MK9.
Good to see they will try to come up with some logical explanation for return characters
- A lot of characters are 'finished' back at NetherRealm Studios.
This means that we will have more information in 2015 .... let's just have patience then
- When asked about unlockable characters, Shaun stated he couldn't answer that question.
He pretty much confirmed secret characters anyway, haha ! :p
- There will not be 'Babalities' in Mortal Kombat X as they do not fit this new style of Mortal Kombat.
Very good news, since Babalities are corny stupid and out of place in MK ....
- It is very probable that we will see Fatalities in the story mode.
Yeah ! This is a must indeed !
- Goro is Shaun's favourite character in the game at this point, he will get a reveal trailer eventually.
How about to show us off his gameplay trailer still in 2014, hmm, NRS ?? ;)

eNARV

Capital Punishment
Excited for story mode info and goro trailer.

As for the final roster depending on how many they can "jam in".. Does that mean all the characters wont feature in story mode?
Well sure they can have unlockable characters throught the story even though they arnt in the story like some from mk4. A few unlockable chars would be awesome

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
If they were to bring back a dead character as a "revenant", Nightwolf is the best option in my opinion.