What's new

MKT (PSX) Tier List Discussion

RoGE

Noob
Pipa-Boy said:
Shock said:
Plus N64 doesn't count as a legit version of the game.
what about umk3 snes :oops:
they dont consider that any good either, it would pretty much go the same way as the normal umk3 guide but with rain and noob at top.

ded

Elder God
nope? nightwolf infinite from an auto combo, kick combo infs, bigger pushback area from corner and so on..

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
UMK3 on SNES is an entirely different game than UMK3 arcade. For example, it's different enough that people can beat me consistently in UMK3 on SNES who cannot even beat me a round in UMK3 arcade.

RoGE

Noob
Shock said:
UMK3 on SNES is an entirely different game than UMK3 arcade. For example, it's different enough that people can beat me consistently in UMK3 on SNES who cannot even beat me a round in UMK3 arcade.
probably because you are not used to the differences

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
And don't forget the sheer number of differences. It's enough to consider it a different game.

RoGE

Noob
Shock said:
And don't forget the sheer number of differences. It's enough to consider it a different game.
Yeah, I know what you mean..Nightwolf's axe combo seems alot easier to do in the SNES version then in the arcade.

EDIT- Shang would be god tier to since he can morph into the bosses easy for a limited time.

In my oppinion MK2 Kung Lao is in PS1 the best character. Add to his juggle kombo starter and easy infinites his ability to follow up his throw... or cancelling it practically with all his repertory... plus after his corner throw (I think) he can run over the fallen opponent; Kung Lao has an insane reach for his HP and HK kombo starter, after a vertical falling kick is garantee a kombo no matter how far you're.

He's just better programmed than other characters...

RoGE

Noob
fine, I will post a tier list of MKT N64 version

GOD tier= Everyone

I hope you like :wink:

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Iori9 said:
fine, I will post a tier list of MKT N64 version

GOD tier= Everyone

I hope you like :wink:
lol, nahh just Rain and Noob like the PSX version they own that whole game.

MKK hanzo

He's just better programmed than other characters...
Wrong my man, its all the oposite. He is soo bad tested that he can do shit that the others cannot. So much damage from his normals (mk2 damage) and everything you listed, make him top 3 without a doubt...

I've seen videos that illustrate why Noob Saibot is ranked so highly, but I haven't seen anything that demonstrates why Rain is so awesome. The only videos I have seen are of Rain's RH infinite. Is the key to Rain's success hitting the opponet with the control ball and then going into the RH infinite or does he have something more? Is the lightning strike considered a really good move?

Good Noob Saibot video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEO7EmGBOh4

Anyone know of good Rain videos? I'd like to see someone do the mega endurance with Rain.

ded

Elder God
Vids against CPU dont show anything elitebomberX, otherwise Lao would be considered top in umk3.

I dont think Rain is that powerful anyway, but he is def more broken than he should

ded_ said:
Vids against CPU dont show anything elitebomberX, otherwise Lao would be considered top in umk3.

I dont think Rain is that powerful anyway, but he is def more broken than he should
Yea I see what you mean. I'd just like to see some Rain tactics in action. Two good opponets playing mono y mono Rain vs. Noob Saibot would be interesting.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Rainball has a limit of 4 usages or 3 hits (both being 4 hits total). The time limit infinite is kind of difficult and also, it'd make more sense to do the regular infinite instead.

MKF30

Ehh, one of the things I hate about PSX version...damn bosses=lame..

The endurance mode arcade is BS with the bosses IMO lol :lol:

RoGE

Noob
MKF30 said:

Yeah, I know, what were they thinking? Well, at least you get precise arcade gameplay.

MKF30

Iori9 said:
MKF30 said:

Yeah, I know, what were they thinking? Well, at least you get precise arcade gameplay.

Eh, it's closer but not exactly arcade perfect. UMK3 is still the best of any MKT version but if you notice each version of MKT has flaws.

Well, for one Rain and Noob on any version lol.

64, not that arcade accurate and has some different combos you can do

PSX, shitty load times during fatalities and in between matches..., ridiculous endurance matches with bosses and freezing at times... :roll:

D-pad sucks ass on PS2,

N64 can be uncomfortable for some(but IMO gives you more options to for configuration) and has a better D-pad easily.

There's ups and downs on both versions.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Load times to me are something you can't really even consider as a factor in quality since there's nothing they can do about it. They only have enough ram to load a handful of characters and even then they have alternate sounds as well. If you adjust some of the settings the load times are more than tolerable.

I remember when Sega CD came out, they advertised the hell out of Sewer Shark and one of the things they said was "You can grab a Gatorade between levels."