What's new

MKAK: The Best OFFLINE Port? PS3 vs 360 vs PC

In all honesty do you think boon or other ocean or who ever will bring out a second patch for the remaining issues or do you think it will be left for good :/.

I think the audio should atleast get a fix. Its a joke man its a J.O.K.E

Tim Static

Adminerator
I have an extra UMK3 r1.1 board for sale (70+ship if its for tourneys; what I paid for it) MK4 can be a bit harder to come by though.
I don't know if it's possible to do, but if you can split VGA and stream/capture using VGA-in, we could have extremely good quality video and it would be very easy to pull off.
hang on to that board for me. i still need to send you that box o' jammas. fuck me i keep forgetting lol.

ded

Elder God
best port offline? its simple - mame! i've played mkak ps3 and as some people already said it has IN BUILD delay even offline... wtf? i couldnt do simple jk, afb after popup combo...

the pc version seems legit, but it feels slower than mame, and it randomly crashes sometimes without reason, so you need to restart it. also it has issues with almost all pads, except 360. a good plus for me is that you can edit game's config, maybe soon people would be able to unlock chars in single player, adding hsmoke and maybe even playable noob.

havent played the 360 version, but comparing mame, mkak pc and mkak ps3.... all the way mame, there is no even debate. i think the only thing that can beat mame is real arcade cab.

edit: thats for umk3. mk1, despite the ridicules new and ugly sounds and glitches, and the delay for ps3 version, the PC MKAK looks fine for me.

I never experienced any sort of delays with UMK3 for PS3. Maybe I just didn't notice. This is from online and offline experience mind you. I think we're going to be running it tomorrow night so I can see if there are problems with it then.

GoldenOreos

Arcade Tech
mk will never be emulated properly, just how it is. just gotta run the actual pcb. and like zaq said building a supergun is prob the easiest thing to do in terms of proper tourny play. i can build a supergun with psx ports and stick ports, even have to where u can run it on a arcade monitor or tv, and its not that expensive to build. all u need is a jamma harness,psu,cap card or converter board and ur good to go. only thing is not everyone plays on stick or psx pads which may be a problem but w.e there wouldnt be gameplay issues. 9.95 they make VGA to svid/analog converters so u can stream mk4, but thats alot of connections going from the supergun to the converter to the tv then ur cap card, dunno how it would work out but im sure it would work if the proper cables are used and its static free so theres no cable interference to jumble up the vid quality.

Noob
mk will never be emulated properly, just how it is. just gotta run the actual pcb. and like zaq said building a supergun is prob the easiest thing to do in terms of proper tourny play. i can build a supergun with psx ports and stick ports, even have to where u can run it on a arcade monitor or tv, and its not that expensive to build. all u need is a jamma harness,psu,cap card or converter board and ur good to go. only thing is not everyone plays on stick or psx pads which may be a problem but w.e there wouldnt be gameplay issues. 9.95 they make VGA to svid/analog converters so u can stream mk4, but thats alot of connections going from the supergun to the converter to the tv then ur cap card, dunno how it would work out but im sure it would work if the proper cables are used and its static free so theres no cable interference to jumble up the vid quality.
GoldenOreos when you get a chance, please PM me your phone number so we can talk about this. I'm positive we can talk about getting you paid to build these.

nwo

Noob
MAME + an analog screen could only be beat by the arcade board, and I'm not talking about Mame .64.

I've been playing MKAK (PC) since the day it came out, the main advantage of it is, you could play new players online you've never played before, and I think the online is actually more like p2p. The very first thing I noticed when playing it was, the audio wasn't legit.

I asked BOON last night if he would consider doing another patch for MKAK. His answer was ''I don't know of another one in the works''

YourMKArcadeSource

Your Source For All Things MK Arcade Related
You even have a way to play MK4 with a supergun.

Yup. True. I JUST got done last night setting all this up. I haven't built any controls yet, but that will happen in the next day or so and I'll post some more pics. For now, check these out...

MKK hanzo

Tim, I was talking about offline experiences in all cases :)
Vouching for this. Just plug mkak 360 on a crt or flat screen crt and you are GOOD.

In Colombia when I went there we had too damn matches and an entire tourney and we had no issues.

Best test of all: have and og old seasoned arc player with mkak and if he/them dont complain and dont fail stuff, then you are good ;) (gondo and william the 3 vs 3 night)

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk

Reactions: ZAQ
Ok, I just got MKAK for PC, runs great for me. I have an interesting setup, I have my PS3 Sixaxis hooked up wireless to my PC and working through a 360 emulator. It works perfect. I had NO idea that when playing MKAK on PC its connected to XBOX live(unless I am confused). I signed into my "MK2Wiseguy" account I made on XBOX live 4 years ago, so is this the same? Is this another way for me to play on XB live? Or is Windows live different? My only confusion is the fact my old XB live account was available to sign into.

Im so excited to have this emulator working for my Sixaxis.

Can I get same gamertags so I can connect with some of you playing on PC?

nwo

Noob
They released a broken windows live update like 2 weeks ago or more and it KILLED the online play for MKAK pc. A few days ago I noticed MKAK was updating in my steam window. I just played a real person online for the first time in like 10 days, actually I played about 7 people in a 1 hour period, maybe its back? I hope so.

YourMKArcadeSource

Your Source For All Things MK Arcade Related
Built a new control panel yesterday and wired in a Jamma+ harness for MK boards and Street Fighter boards.

Pics...

Thoughts? Opinions? Thanks!