What's new

MK9 Low Tier Tournament in Saint-Petersburg, Russia

Fresh of taking the third place in MK9 on the biggest fighting game stage in Russia which is Moscow Fighting Arena (MK9 had 83 entrants!) , @Vityaz is holding a low tier MK9 tournament in Saint-Petersburg, Russia. For anyone who is interested in checking out St.Petersburg MK community It is going to be streamed at http://www.twitch.tv/lanqu 2014-09-21 5 pm (UTC+0400).
We decided to allow 16 kharacters from the bottom
of the MK9 tier List: Kano, Shiva, Striker, Nightwolf, Sindel, Baraka, Jade, Scorpion, Cyber Sub, Noob, Sub-Zero, Milena, Quan Chi, Ermac, Rain and....... (Wait for it).....Shang Tsung - well he happens to be about 16th from the bottom, and I also main him ;)!@WoundCowboy can be proud: Shang in a low tier tournament)))

Some footage from MFA so there are examples of @Vityaz and other Russian MK9 competitors play:

Top 4

Winners final

Losers final

Grand final

edited/promoted by STORMS

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I don't think Rain is low tier simply for the fact that if he gets one combo, then half of your health is gone. He's mid-tier I'd say. His damage is just silly for no meter. :p

I don't think Rain is low tier simply for the fact that if he gets one combo, then half of your health is gone. He's mid-tier I'd say. His damage is just silly for no meter. :p
He is at about the same tier position as Shang which is mid. So is Ermac. I stated numerous times that they are included because we wanna have 16 characters ( not 13 or 12). It is right up to the middle. One could argue that Quan Chi is lower mid cause he can sometimes kill you if he touches you.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
He is at about the same tier position as Shang which is mid. So is Ermac. I stated numerous times that they are included because we wanna have 16 characters ( not 13 or 12). It is right up to the middle. One could argue that Quan Chi is lower mid cause he can sometimes kill you if he touches you.
Fair point, but it's the fact that Rain's combos require no meter and so he practically always has meter for a breaker whereas other people have to manager their meter. Quan Chi is sooo meter dependent, so much that using a breaker is a huge downer oon his game. But if you're having the bottom 16 Kombatants, and Rain falls into that catagory with Shang (I also think Ermac shouldn't be in the Tourney) then fair enough. Anyway, let's not argue about a 2011 tier list haha I can't wait to watch the stream, it's going to be awesome! :)

ps I was at college when I read the OP and replied so I didn't read the other posts from users :p

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I can see why some people thinking Shang being legal just because he's in the lower half of the tier list is way too systematic (I thought so too at first), but after thinking about it, there are a few things that make his inclusion fair IMO. Alas, it wouldn't be any fun if I just told you what they are. :tonyt

Element_

The First Element
Rain and Shang in a low tier tournament..? Lol No offence but i think you guy's should level up first

Lanqu

Noob
Actually I'd agree, Shang, Ermac, Rain, Mileena - are not low tier due to their DMG output, mixups and zoning. Sheeva's only advantage is 4 hands =(

Rain and Shang in a low tier tournament..? Lol No offence but i think you guy's should level up first
You should tell that to GGA guys who held a low tier tournament a while ago, but that was when the game was pretty much figured out, and Dizzy won that with Rain. They should level up of course:/And I have stated a bazzilion time already - wanted 16 not 12 kharacters for the tournament. That is why some of the mid tiers are included. Shang for example goes even with some low tiers like Cyber Sub and even loses to Noob Saibot.

Element_

The First Element
You should tell that to GGA guys who held a low tier tournament a while ago, but that was when the game was pretty much figured out, and Dizzy won that with Rain. They should level up of course:/And I have stated a bazzilion time already - wanted 16 not 12 kharacters for the tournament. That is why some of the mid tiers are included. Shang for example goes even with some low tiers like Cyber Sub and even loses to Noob Saibot.
There is no need to mention other people all the time ! All i was trying to say is that 16 characters is half the cast..there are different tiers for characters so the bottom 16 would be a range of tiers! You can't call it a low tier tournament when Shang and Rain are in it...jeez..you may as well add Sektor and Ermac if your going to add people like that.Lol Pencil it down as a bottom half tournament...not low tier!

There is no need to mention other people all the time ! All i was trying to say is that 16 characters is half the cast..there are different tiers for characters so the bottom 16 would be a range of tiers! You can't call it a low tier tournament when Shang and Rain are in it...jeez..you may as well add Sektor and Ermac if your going to add people like that.Lol Pencil it down as a bottom half tournament...not low tier!
Sorry we forgot to ask you what to call our tournament:coffee: The point of this tournament isn't to play shitters! It is to leave the more fair half of the cast. It is a low tier tournament because these 16 are the lowest tier 16 kharacters we could pick from a roster in our opinion. And Ermac is in by the way, you should really read OP sometimes before saying shit)

Element_

The First Element
Sorry we forgot to ask you what to call our tournament:coffee: The point of this tournament isn't to play shitters! It is to leave the more fair half of the cast. It is a low tier tournament because these 16 are the lowest tier 16 kharacters we could pick from a roster in our opinion. And Ermac is in by the way, you should really read OP sometimes before saying shit)
Well..i guess i'l leave you guy's to it then!