Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's Ok

• Hates It

• Total voters

ctozzi

Noob
I was a die hard arcade MK fan while in high school and college, By the time MK4 came out I had to go out in the REAL world and get to work to start paying of my loans, so never got to play MK4. So when I got a chance to own a dedicated MK4 arcade cabinet i jumped at the chance, However I don't like it compared to the others. It, in my opinion is a good game but changed too much for my liking, plus all the original cast of characters are basically gone. So Vote to see the consensus on MK4 !

Black Shroud

Formless Like Water
Good stuff: FMV endings, cinematic camera angles for fatalities (and good ideas for fatalities), music is often great (Tomb FTW), stages are ok, additional features like weapons and bonebreaking throws (always good to have some extras). Better than broken MK Gold. I played MK4 A LOT in high school (that was end of 90's-beginning of 2000's)
Bad stuff: Everyone has same combos and mostly same animations, and they could make it with lesser than half of roster of new characters I think.

For me I actually liked the game but (dont laugh) Last year was the first time I had played MK4 and it seems to me as if that is the only way it could get close to the 2d MK's while being in 3d.

Did they have animalities in MK4? I recall scorpion turning into a scorpion but can't remember if it said fatality or not.

S

scheissn

I liked MK4, if it were on consoles I think it would be played for quite a while.
It is a lot more fun than ppl play it out to be.

I'd love to get a scene going for it, but most ppl are too lazy to setup matches.....
And we would all need Tom Brady's approval ;)

*Scorps scorp was a fatal

S

scheissn

I really hated the idea of 3D, even when I first heard about it.
I knew the game would never be the same but I figured they would at least try to make another 2D game at some point.

I don't see why MK4 gets shit on so much, there is a lot of broken shit in it (and mkt) but it is still fun as fuck. Most of the things that are broken are very hard to exploit, minus the weapons (and it isn't like you HAVE to use weapons).

We should play this shit sometime too!

Tim Static

Adminerator
I liked it, it was fun.

But it was also the start of the decline of MK. But this shit needs emu'd so we can play the only version of the game worth playing: Arcade Rv3.0.