What's new

Question MK2 Q&A

I'll respectfully disagree. I think any good Kintaro or Shao Kahn player would annihilate the regular cast. Both could spam as well. I think Kintaro's fireballs are scarier than that jump too, and he can launch up to 5 of them? - maybe more. If I was using Kintaro I probably wouldn't even try jumping through the screen. His straight punch and kick would probably be pretty useful too.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
I rather play with Jade then both bosses. Mainly because jade has a very fast walk/run and I think that with kitantas fan moves can be VERY useful/dangerous and possible if she was playable be one of the most broken characters in the game. IMO

Yeah.....Jade and Smoke would both be excellent to play. Still think they wouldn't be good enough however. The fact that sweeps barely phase these titans and neither can be thrown is disastrous for even the most ambitious and skilled player. Who knows? Wonder how difficult it would be to tweak the game so everyone is playable. Zaq could answer this I'm sure.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Since the bosses and hidden characters weren't meant to be playable, it's hard to guesstimate.
I think the bosses would probably be top tier simply coz their moves do so much damage.
Jade, Noob, and Smoke would also be up there.
I'm glad they're not playable (other than in hacks)... the game would get silly if they were.

Yeah....that was another thing. Blocked jump kicks could result in uppercuts or throws with no protection. If Kintaro could perform either, few players would stand a chance. Thanks Zaq.

2 Questions.......
1) Is it possible to hack into MK2 online, without drawing suspicion, in order to play with the relentless effeciency of the computer?
2) Does any technology exist out there that would let a player see an invisible Reptile on screen. If not, is it possible?

Or three.

ZAQgamemkOkay. I think I have something good this time. .....Is there a way to make your character more responsive by eliminating the time it takes to press a button a millimeter or less? Can you increase your reaction time by pressing a button so that the action is almost instantaneous? And, do specially made controllers/sticks provide this advantage?LOL, anyone?

Can you make moves faster by making the distance between the button press and control sensor less?
MIKECALDWELL
The only way you can make an animation faster is by canceling it with another button. I think what you're talking about is mainly being able to react quicker with a controller with the very minimum distance between the button and the sensor. I think you're probably splitting hairs. Sensitivity might be an issue with this though. I really don't know man.

ZAQ or anyone else that knows. Can other normal moves besides jabs be cancelled in MK2? For instance, can I cancel a roundhouse with the block button to shorten the animation by a couple frames? If not, was it the intention of the developers to only allow jabs to be cancelled for gameplay reasons?

Nope. The only other ways to purposely cancel other normals are with specials and getting hit after an uppercut if you see a projectile coming at you to knock you out of uppercut recovery.
So other normals besides jabs can be cancelled with specials? For instance, does throwing a spear out of a sweep with Scorpion shorten the animation of the sweep?

Can you make a controller initiate a high kick for example faster than a typical ps3 controller? A MK2 player has to press a button down. This takes time. Can an individual lessen the distance and still perform the action without cancelling into another move.

Should of stuck with my broken controller.....let me throw Kitana's fan after the square wave with ease. now i just can't do it. But i'll take credit for starting it. Dookie is the only person i saw besides me doing it, and he does it better now, but i used to be able to do it like it was after a jump kick. Don't know what happened. Hold on.........i'm done crying now.

A ps3 controller actually fell apart in my hands. had to be torque. buttons just fell out. the base collapsed. it was funny.

Should of stuck with my broken controller.....let me throw Kitana's fan after the square wave with ease. now i just can't do it. But i'll take credit for starting it. Dookie is the only person i saw besides me doing it, and he does it better now, but i used to be able to do it like it was after a jump kick. Don't know what happened. Hold on.........i'm done crying now.
Are you saying you were connecting kitana's air fan after the square wave midscreen?

fan lift , jump punch, fan, standing high punch, square wave, high punch, square wave, high punch, high punch, jumpkick away, sweep b4 your opponent hits the ground. easiest to do on lao mid teleport.

i already blade swiped lao in the corner 4 times while he was airborn before i got scared and followed up with a jump kick and was forced back.