What's new

MK2 ONE NIGHT Draft Tournament

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
DATE: Saturday November 8, 2014
TIME: CANCELLED

Please note - this is a USA PS3 only tournament. If you do not reside in the US, you will not be permitted to enter due to lag concerns. Matches can only be played on MKAK (Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection).

RULES

Once sign ups are complete a draft order will be picked by random using an online random order generator.

Once draft order is established the person who is first is free to pick one character who they will want to use in the tournament. Once a character is picked they cannot be picked again by someone else.

The draft will be snaking which means whoever picks 6th will also get the 7th pick while whoever picks 1st gets the 12th pick when it comes back around.

All players will end up with 2 character team.

Players then will square off against each of the 5 other players.

When two players play there will be a total of 8 matches. Each character against the other player's characters twice.

For instance Team Jax and Baraka is playing team Shang and Scorpion.
Jax vs Shang 2x, Jax vs Scorpion 2x, Baraka vs Shang 2x, and Baraka vs Scorpion 2x.

The total matches won and lost will be a running tally. At the end players will have a record out of 40 matches ie. 28-12.

After everyone has all 40 matches played, the top 4 will go on to the Semi-Finals.
1st seed against 4th seed, 2nd seed against 3rd seed. The same 8 match format will be used. If there's a tie after the 8 matches players can choose one of their characters in a tiebreaker.

Finals will be another 8 matches to determine the winner and same tiebreaker rules.

If less than 6 people sign up/show up for the tournament, we can still make it work with less than 6.

• All participants will need to access the TYM Chat during tournament play to report their match scores and setup their games with opponents.If you cannot access the TYM Chat during tourney play, you cannot enter the tournament.
  • You, yourself, must post in this thread and declare your entry to the tournament. Do not message me through PM, AIM, PSN, or through someone else. By posting your intent to enter in this thread, it shows you are a TYM member and you will check the thread for updates rather than relying on us to tell you.
  • All entrants are responsible for checking this thread regularly for updates; including dates, times, and match brackets.
  • If connection breaks then both players must restart the match with the same characters (prior round win is omitted). If the breaking connection is suspicious like breaking right before a victory then the player has a right to report it.
  • If you need to withdraw from the tournament, please give advance notice (at least 24 hours if possible) as a courtesy. Repeated no shows will result in being blacklisted from future competitions.
  • If you are currently banned from the Kombat Network, you are not permitted to enter the tournament.
SIGNUPS (minimum of 4 players required- 6 preferable)
1. @mortal_jason
2. @Sub0's-Icy-Balls

@Sub0's-Icy-Balls @dubson @Dyzvhtynzal @MIKECALDWELL @btbb99 @MKillBill @tehdrewsus @Gematria @Str8Magnificent @dudemcrude

Last edited:

dubson

Noob
We'll need to come up with a weekend that works for most everyone.
Yeah, absolutely. If it becomes too hard for every person to be available at the same time maybe majority rule if it becomes an issue. I assume same tie breaker rules for all the same situations?

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Although I am not participating in this and currently "on leave," feel free to use any of the templates I have drawn up for previous tournaments in terms of rules, etc.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Yeah, absolutely. If it becomes too hard for every person to be available at the same time maybe majority rule if it becomes an issue. I assume same tie breaker rules for all the same situations?
Yeah we can use the same rules as Kaz's tournament.
Kinda trying to get some guys here to say they're interested in playing before I come up w a date.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
I guess i'm in for the fun of it all. Although these tourneys aren't as good as the old days with the og MK players. :coffee:
Still have og players around like btbb, Caldwell, kensi etc.
The biggest loss is og MK2 itself.

I think typically TYM tournaments start around 6 or 7pm central time?

dubson

Noob
I guess i'm in for the fun of it all. Although these tourneys aren't as good as the old days with the og MK players. :coffee:
Jason is right, most OG's are still around, the major loss is OG MK2 itself.

This is a lot of fun bro… glad your in!

Sub0's-Icy-Balls

Frozen Death (ANTI-TIERIST)
I said I was done with this site, blah blah blah, and I am. But I still want to participate in tournaments and this is the only place to do it. So here I am. Lets keep it respectful please.
I'm excited for this tourney and good luck to all that enter.

dubson

Noob
I said I was done with this site, blah blah blah, and I am. But I still want to participate in tournaments and this is the only place to do it. So here I am. Lets keep it respectful please.
Agreed, glad your back. Differences aside, I greatly respect your passion for old school MK.

This is a lot of fun too, bro.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Yes good to have you back. The community is too small as it is.
How does Saturday Nov 15th around 7pm central sound for a tournament?
Earlier? Later?

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Ok guys a date and time have been chosen for the tournament.

dubson

Noob
Weekend nights, for a tournament just for fun (no money on the line), I feel is going to be really hard man. I feel like this would have better luck on a week night… Most guys play during the week days for the most part.

Your primarily dealing with grown men with this game… with full time jobs, families, etc.

Weekends = very hard