What's new

MK2 Draft tournament

Which increases your chances of encountering it even furthur. it was so prevalent throughout the 90's it was probably played over the radio.

Last edited:

Kaz

Noob
If you guys haven't seen Enter the Dragon watch that too, pretty much mortal kombat without the supernatural aspect.

Bill, can we post pictures anymore? I'd like to make a money game. It would take place over a year, involve the entire community, and would be something like Wheel of Fortune, except....you'd actually have to think.

Have you seen Enter the Dragon?
Enter the Dragon > Kung Fu Hustle > Balls of Fury > Gigli > Bloodsport.

Bloodsport is essentially a watered down version of Enter the Dragon based off the pretend "real life" exploits of a phony martial artist and military spy who has since been discredited. Some nice spin kicks, though, plus the origin of the Johnny Cage nut buster mean it's not nearly as bad as my exaggeration above^ would indicate. Still, though, it's no Enter the Dragon. Bolo's violent homicides even look better in Enter the Dragon than they do in Bloodsport.

I'll disagree. bolo was awesome. too bad he was taken out so easily in dragon. much more impressive in bloodsport. much more. he was robbed of enter the dragon 2, or whatever they'd call it. bolo was neglected. still upsets me how he lost. still.

If i could rewrite bloodsport, i'd like to see chong li fight that huge guy that dux caged, a better fight from that guy that was breaking 8" thick boards with his knee(underused), a better performance from the guy that got his neck broken..(he shouldve fought dux instead AND was my favorite.), and FUCKIN Parades(Tong-Po) shouldve hurt Frank's friend. Ahh.......you can rewrite those matches a lot better, including the reactions from the audience.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Bill, can we post pictures anymore? I'd like to make a money game. It would take place over a year, involve the entire community, and would be something like Wheel of Fortune, except....you'd actually have to think.
Should be able to post pics. Post away

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Mortal Kombat was heavily and directly influenced by Bloodsport

I do not think I can tonight @mortal_jason , what time will you be on?
Sorry I didn't get on til after 10pm CST.
Will you be on this weekend? I'll be on at night.
We should be able to get this tournament done this weekend if people are around.
There aren't that many round robin matches left, and then just Semis and Finals.

Yeah that's why I wanted to watch Bloodsport coz I figured MK was hugely inspired by it.
I loved it!
Honestly the only martial arts movies I've seen are the 3 Ninjas movies... all I was allowed to watch as a kid!

dubson

Noob
Only people I have left to play are you and Bill…. I told you before I can't play very often right now…

What times are you available tues and weds night? @MKillBill and @mortal_jason

I played everyone in one night except you 2, I'm thinking we could do the first part in one single night in 1-2 hours next time if we can all agree on one night

Who is all left?

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Only people I have left to play are you and Bill…. I told you before I can't play very often right now…

What times are you available tues and weds night? @MKillBill and @mortal_jason

I played everyone in one night except you 2, I'm thinking we could do the first part in one single night in 1-2 hours next time if we can all agree on one night

Who is all left?
I work til 10pm Tuesday and midnight Wednesday, CST.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Just played @tehdrewsus and won 8-0 .

I thought he had me in one of the Raiden/Sub matches, but I pulled off a Guile-esque comeback to send it to a 3rd round and take the match. I felt sorry playing Kang against scorp as its the most unfair match in the game, but that's the hand we got dealt (and I'm happy to be on the good end of that stick.)

GG's to you. Keep working on Raiden, he's versitile against all characters.

GGs, and thanks for the encouragement. The only three characters I feel like I have any ability with at all are scorpion, Raiden, and Kitana. I haven't played as Raiden very long at all but I think I'm picking him up well. Just can't get that effing shock grab to hit. Ever.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
GGs, and thanks for the encouragement. The only three characters I feel like I have any ability with at all are scorpion, Raiden, and Kitana. I haven't played as Raiden very long at all but I think I'm picking him up well. Just can't get that effing shock grab to hit. Ever.
Best ways to score a Shock Grab are:

1) Anticipating when an opponent throws a projectile, then you Teleport, move in a step, and Shock Grab.

2) Jumping in next to your opponent and releasing HP.
Many people try to uppercut after you land next to them, but your Shock Grab will nail em instead.
The Shock has excellent priority and sets up nice damage.

Looks like the only matches left are @Kaz vs @MKillBill , dubson vs Bill, and me vs dubson.
Those people mathematically will be the Final 4, but these last 3 matches are important in determining seeding for the Semifinals.

@dubson I will be home Tuesday night around 10 or 10:30pm Chicago time. Will you be around?
I'll race home from work if you will be available to play.