What's new

MK10 Wishlist

Zephyrus

TYM resident party pooper
Wishlist:

Rain be playable and have a story chapter.
Smoke
Ermac
Reptile
Kung Lao
Liu Kang
Kai
Reiko
Fujin
Shinnok
Tremor
Baraka
Shang Tsung

Give me those 13 and then add whoever you want.

A lenghtier story mode.
Challenge mode
New animations and strings for every returning character.
Good online code.
That's basically it. Whatever else NRS puts is bonus stuff. But give me those characters and I'm a happy camper.

NY-Shadow

TestYourMight SUCKS
I would like to see tag team mode, non mutually dependent no blood/no fatalities options for online and offline gameplay, and no game patches for at least 0ne year after the game is released. Also I would like NOT to see in this new game Dung Lao, Kano, Tanya, Sindel and Nightwolf.

Aside from the new hybrid offspring characters just give us Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Ermac, Noob Saibot, Reptile, Smoke, Sektor, Cyrax, Shang Tsung, Baraka, Cyber Sub-Zero, Quan Chi and Raiden.

Oh and PLEASE NO CHALLENGE TOWER or STUPID MINIGAMES. Save the data space for graphics, characters, maps, training options and sound.

Last edited:

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I would like to see tag team mode, non mutually dependent no blood/no fatalities options for online and offline gameplay...
With addition of quick rematches from IGAU that would be great.

...and no game patches for at least 0ne year after the game is released.
Yes, all discovered ToDs and infinites should stay for a year so people can see that reskinning MK9 like some suggest is a better idea :DOGE
I'd rather prefer lengthier support cycle and devs having will to revert stupid changes should they make a mistake (overnerfing, overbuffing etc.) during patching. People will adapt to changes, but stupidity that is left in the game by the end of support cycle is to stay there forever. We don't need the latter.
Say, DotA is still kicking and holding tournaments with $10mil in prizepool despite being like 8 years old if not more. It's alive only because long before becoming standalone it was constantly changing and patched every few months. To a lesser extent you can do the same with FGs.

Oh and PLEASE NO CHALLENGE TOWER or STUPID MINIGAMES. Save the data space for graphics, characters, maps, training options and sound.
Two things:
1. Data space is not an issue, development time is, and then it's a bit more complicated than that.
2. Boon pretty much confirmed that he would like to see new secondary game mode in every MK game.

bigmiracle

Praise Sheeva
they can add whatever the fuck they want, just PLEASE bring back Sheeva! ♥

Yeah, i can hear the crickets chirping, but i would love to see a revamped Sheeva with 3 variations and not stuck in low tier hell.

I hope they make launchers and armored moves really punishable on block. At least make invincible combo starters punishable on block ffs... Also I hope there's more push-back on block or they bring over the pushblock from IGAU.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I hope they make launchers and armored moves really punishable on block. At least make invincible combo starters punishable on block ffs... Also I hope there's more push-back on block or they bring over the pushblock from IGAU.
I'm afraid that in many cases your pushback and punish-ability requests may be contradicting.

No it doesn't. In every game that isn't mortal kombat moves will push you back when you get hit or block. In MK your feet are cemented to the floor when you block anything. It means characters like Johnny Cage can pressure relentlessly. In other games you'd eventually get pushed away after successfully blocking multiple attacks and the attacker has to either walk forward, jump, or do something other than mash furiously on safe strings.
How does the idea of high reward moves being risky and punishable contradict that concept?

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
No it doesn't. In every game that isn't mortal kombat moves will push you back when you get hit or block. In MK your feet are cemented to the floor when you block anything. It means characters like Johnny Cage can pressure relentlessly. In other games you'd eventually get pushed away after successfully blocking multiple attacks and the attacker has to either walk forward, jump, or do something other than mash furiously on safe strings.
How does the idea of high reward moves being risky and punishable contradict that concept?
Pushback on block makes it harder to punish stuff that caused it unless it's super negative. That's all I'm saying.

Depends on how much pushback and how much range your moves have but yeah exactly that's the point. In Tekken a launcher is usually extremely easy to punish on block unless it has heavy pushback. In street fighter you have all day to punish a dragon punch on whiff or block and up close fireballs are a bad idea. I want moves like Kung Lao spin to have a really punitive punishment window like Scorpion Tele. There should be a risk involved with such a rewarding move.

Pushback on strings and light hits means you can only keep a block string going for so long before your opponent gets pushed out of range. It means pressure isn't continuous unless you risk walking forward, dashing, jumping etc.

To me these are the fundamental flaws that make pressure in MK9 is so obnoxious! No risk specials that blow up everything and lead to huge damage and nonstop pressure. It's just not that fun :/

Last edited:

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I want moves like Kung Lao spin to have a really punitive punishment window like Scorpion Tele. There should be a risk involved with such a rewarding move.
I understand that, but isn't spin is like -20-ish on block with no pushback? Safety isn't really what makes this move good IMO.

Pushback on strings and light hits means you can only keep a block string going for so long before your opponent gets pushed out of range. It means pressure isn't continuous unless you risk walking forward, dashing, jumping etc.
Yeah, I know what you mean, but MK have a luxury to do that, at least theoretically. Pre-determined strings mean you can play with block advantage in addition to pushbacks. In the end, it's ok to have no pushback on something that is inevitably negative here or there (assuming no character in the game has ass pokes while also having no parries/escapes/whatever, but that's another story), in fact causes pressure reversal or even mixup. Otherwise it's probably needed, yes (Nightwing's staff d1 "infinite").

When both minus and pushback are in play it's ok too though, as "back to neutral game" move, but what I'm saying is that's not the only logical end of CQC sequence, especially in NRS game, which tend to occasionally empathize neutral game less than some other FGs, SF included.

To me these are the fundamental flaws that make pressure in MK9 is so obnoxious! No risk specials that blow up everything and lead to huge damage and nonstop pressure. It's just not that fun :/
Well, to me it's just bollocks specials rather than fundamental MK issue tbh. Although there wasn't too much of them IIRC, and I don't count metered moves either - I don't see the problem with those (some characters generating meter too fast is, again, another story).

bigmiracle

Praise Sheeva
i would like strings to be more responsive. I really never liked the way inputs had to be put in way before the attack actually comes out on the screen, feels very nonintuitive.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
i would like strings to be more responsive. I really never liked the way inputs had to be put in way before the attack actually comes out on the screen, feels very nonintuitive.
Considering it affects recovery of every move, well, makes sense that you have to input next one before said recovery starts.

Yeah I don't like the buffering either in NRS games. I wish it felt more responsive, I.E. when doing jumpin combos I can input the string when my feet touch the ground instead of while I'm still in the air.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
*huge bar graph*
Aw man, I was hoping Nitara would get more love. LOL @ Frost in the top ten though. It was like me and four other dudes going OMFG GIMME FROST DLC back in MK9 and most people just said something like 'we dun need no Sub-Zurro wit titz' or whatever. Guess people planted the SHIT out of that seed.

Anyway, since Raiden is basically guaranteed and Sub-Zero is confirmed already, I'm set for characters even if they don't announce a single new/returning one that appeals to me. So for the wishlist I'll say:

1) I want a Black Ops style theater mode. I want to be able to invite friends into it to watch hilarious stuff I do to scrubs.
2) I want my online opponent to NOT be able to see what character(/style) I'm selecting without having to hide the cursor from myself. It doesn't have anything to do with counter-picking so much as it does select-screen ragequits which were a hilarious problem for me in MK9. Just makes the whole experience really lame and tedious.

I actually wouldn't mind if it worked like Super Mega Hyper Ultra Fries With That Fighter IV: Arcade Edition 2012 where your selection is secret, then you pick your A/B/C style based on the locked-in match-up.

2) I want my online opponent to NOT be able to see what character(/style) I'm selecting without having to hide the cursor from myself. It doesn't have anything to do with counter-picking so much as it does select-screen ragequits which were a hilarious problem for me in MK9. Just makes the whole experience really lame and tedious.
I love that you can see your opponent's choice and I always thought it bizarre that Capcom didn't have it in SSFIV as counter-picking can be a big part of FGs. I understand your concern and have experienced the same thing before, but isn't having the option to hide your selection enough?

highly Unlikely But it'll be epic to see this fatality happen in MKX, without the blackout, all we see is each dead zombie shirai ryu ripping the fighter apart or replace the warriors with the demons he summons :D(Let me know if the video appears still getting used to it lol)