What's new

MK10: Long Term Support For Better or Worse

Will u support MK10 to the fullest once released?

• Yes! For many years to come!

Votes: 110 83.3%
  • If I'm not feeling it, I'll drop it like a bad habit!

Votes: 22 16.7%

• Total voters

The-Bizzle

You alright mate ?
I will drop MK if MK10 is shitty. Everyone should do that.... So Ed Boon will NEVER make a shitty MK again, because if we keep buying those fucked up games, more of that will come and we will keep buying it. I got better things to spend my money on.

I really hope MK10 wont end up like MK9. Because that scene is pretty dead now (here in EU).

R.I.P : Resting In Pieces.

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
For the record, Back to Block is an older ass mechanic than the Block Button...
I never said it was a new mechanic. I just like to stir the pot cause ppl on TYM get all butt hurt whenever someone mentions NRS doing away with the Block Button.

Matix218

Get over here!
I will drop MK if MK10 is shitty. Everyone should do that.... So Ed Boon will NEVER make a shitty MK again, because if we keep buying those fucked up games, more of that will come and we will keep buying it. I got better things to spend my money on.

I really hope MK10 wont end up like MK9. Because that scene is pretty dead now (here in EU).

To be fair mk9 was not a bad game at all. After a string of literally 4+ bad games mk9 basically rebooted and saved the mk franchise. I get that mk9 had its flaws but it was a massive step in the right direction and got the franchise back on track. And ed boon knows nothing about fighting game mechanics anymore. He didn't even know how the meter in mk9 worked when asked about it in an interview. Nrs hopefully has a strong team of guys like Paulo that understand what it takes to make a tournament fighting game at this point, and the games quality will be much more in those peoples hands than ed Boons.

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
I would never want to miss out on whoring d1 and d4 with Milleena and Kitana. I'm for my two bad bitches all the way!

Justice

Noob
I never said it was a new mechanic. I just like to stir the pot cause ppl on TYM get all butt hurt whenever someone mentions NRS doing away with the Block Button.
It's brand loyalty really. MK has always had a block button and would most likely lose something if that changed (ie: Scorpion in Injustice).

MK fans are die-hard fans. We may not have the largest community, but we hold our own rather nicely vs. other communities. It's kind of an "us vs. the world" mentality. Suggesting MK10 have b2b will get the response of "Go back to Crapcom".

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
It's brand loyalty really. MK has always had a block button and would most likely lose something if that changed (ie: Scorpion in Injustice).

MK fans are die-hard fans. We may not have the largest community, but we hold our own rather nicely vs. other communities. It's kind of an "us vs. the world" mentality. Suggesting MK10 have b2b will get the response of "Go back to Crapcom".
"Us vs The World"...... smh we're all in the FGC together. MK, SF or Injustice it does not matter it should be the FGC vs The World mentality. If a company that supports their game for what like 5 years now is considered crap then maybe NRS needs to consider being a crap company too.

Justice

Noob
"Us vs The World"...... smh we're all in the FGC together. MK, SF or Injustice it does not matter it should be the FGC vs The World mentality.
Totally agree. Problem is, the FGC doesn't. So it ends up being that MK is the red-headed stepchild to the Capcom community simply because it's bigger.

Matix218

Get over here!

The only argument you could logically make to change to b2b is that it would open up the whole world of ambiguous crossovers and add another layer to the mix-up game in MK. Being that no one seemed to have any trouble opening people up for massive damage in MK9 (with a block button) maybe the whole cross up thing is something that MK just does not need. We already have it in every capcom game and in injustice, Let MK be the game that has crazy teleport moves that put you on the other side of your opponent (I mean just think of how many characters have moves like this in MK9) and just keep the block button. Plus i hope they keep the jab anti air system from MK9 too. I think jumping should be super high risk/high reward and MK9 nailed that (jab into massive damage full combo as punishment for jumping, but if the jump hits, your getting hella damage). Some games you just get a simple DP anti air and the situation is over, making jumping much more worth the risk for the person on offense. I just hope they keep the core MK9 mechanics and polish the game a bit better for MK10.

It's not so much brand loyalty that makes people prefer the block button in MK.

No one here want's to see a block button in SF4, because it just doesn't work with that gameplay.

The same goes for MK9- people don't want a B2B system, not because they hate it, but because it doesn't mesh with the game's other mechanics.

A block button works for MK9- the game was intended to value pressure and footsies over 50/50's and whiff punishing. Opponent's get opened up not because they guess wrong, but because they can only eat so many d4's. You can break out of combos more than you can in Injustice by building two bars of ex meter. You can't turtle too much because you'll never do any damage once you finally come out of that shell. The block button makes defense easy- but defending too much is still as bad an option as letting your opponent 50/50 you all day.

Also, Raiden's teleport.

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
I have heard "I'll drop MK if the next one isn't good" since MKDA. Nobody is really ever going to quit. MK is that addiction that has no cure.
I have to agree with you on that. I hate alot of MK mechanics but I rush to the store and buy it when it comes out and then go home and play the hell out of it. I'm salty the whole time I play MK but it's that good kind of salt.

Matix218

Get over here!
I have to agree with you on that. I hate alot of MK mechanics but I rush to the store and buy it when it comes out and then go home and play the hell out of it. I'm salty the whole time I play MK but it's that good kind of salt.
This describes my brother and I playing sets of MK perfectly @SKG lol

Its that "damn input bug, i swear that was a d1" "where did my bar of meter go" "f3 is bull$hit" "smoke is bull$hit" "what the heck just happened, ive never seen that before" kind of salt, but we just keep playing and playing (and secretly loving every minute of it) :)

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I love MK9 and I have high hopes for MK10. I'm sure it will be awesome, but on the off chance that it's not I'm not gonna force myself to play something I don't think is good.

zaf

professor

What good does a forum of 15k people dropping the next MK game do for us in the long run when they will sell millions of copies anyways?
I understand that you would be upset with a bad game. However boycotting does nothing for our small community in the long run.

To be fair mk9 was not a bad game at all. After a string of literally 4+ bad games mk9 basically rebooted and saved the mk franchise. I get that mk9 had its flaws but it was a massive step in the right direction and got the franchise back on track. And ed boon knows nothing about fighting game mechanics anymore. He didn't even know how the meter in mk9 worked when asked about it in an interview. Nrs hopefully has a strong team of guys like Paulo that understand what it takes to make a tournament fighting game at this point, and the games quality will be much more in those peoples hands than ed Boons.
This is a rumor that has gone on for some time.
Ed boon knows exactly what meter is. He knows exactly how meter works.
He was asked a question, and the question involved the work "EX". This is not a NRS nor a MK term. This derives itself from street fighter and capcom.
Why would ed boon know a slang term for meter. Of course he knows what meter is.

Tl;DR He knows what meter is. He did not know the slang term EX.

Matix218

Get over here!
What good does a forum of 15k people dropping the next MK game do for us in the long run when they will sell millions of copies anyways?
I understand that you would be upset with a bad game. However boycotting does nothing for our small community in the long run.

This is a rumor that has gone on for some time.
Ed boon knows exactly what meter is. He knows exactly how meter works.
He was asked a question, and the question involved the work "EX". This is not a NRS nor a MK term. This derives itself from street fighter and capcom.
Why would ed boon know a slang term for meter. Of course he knows what meter is.

Tl;DR He knows what meter is. He did not know the slang term EX.
Ahh, I had just heard that from other forum members, I didnt realize that it was just him not being familiar with the capcom term EX

my bad!