What's new

MK10: Long Term Support For Better or Worse

Will u support MK10 to the fullest once released?

• Yes! For many years to come!

Votes: 110 83.3%
  • If I'm not feeling it, I'll drop it like a bad habit!

Votes: 22 16.7%

• Total voters
I'm just curious and wanted to make a poll seeing how many of you, from the old, recent, and foreseeable future Mortal Kombat community plan on supporting the next generation MK title for years to come, for better or worse, just to keep the game relevant and running in majors and multiple tournaments, and not letting it die off like MK9?

Or how many of you will drop MK if you're not feeling the next installment of the series?

I, for one, plan on supporting the game no matter what, because I'm a die hard fan of the series and it's the game that got me started on a competitive level...how about you?

HammerZeit88

Just some guy searching for a main
I will always buy the newest MK game and support it in that way. I have never been able to travel to any tournaments due to work/lack of funds/being the only person I know in my local area that enjoys fighting games more than Call of Duty, so I never get any offline practice in. But I am trying to convince myself to come out for tournaments and would love to support the games in that way if I could.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I feel like lots of people say that they'll buy and support the game just out of love for the franchise, but at the same time when a game is competitively ass that loyalty fades fast.

I hope it has a long and fruitful life, and I know some die-hards will support it no matter what. But I also know that if it is "for worse" some people will drop it and never look back.

Plus at release there will be obligatory "Injustice vs. MK" shenanigans.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I will play it, for as long as there's life and love for the game. Or until I just decide to put it down lol.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I hate insecure threads that touch on the topic of whether we will support MK10 as a community. Of course we will, as long as it is competitively playable and until something better comes along to replace.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I think a lot of it depends on whether the game has the same issues. I think we all love MK and we've been through this convo 100 times; but it should be clear that passion for MK9 did not die out "because it was old".

Specific and very valid issues arose with game balance, engine bugs, etc. that affected high level play. Players warned about them, but support for the game had finished.

MK10 has its own tournament life on its hands. Everyone has high hopes and loves the franchise, but the longevity of people spending money to travel is something that depends a lot on how the game shapes up.

Last edited:

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
I still fully support MK9 because it's my favorite game. Yes, it has it's flaws, but I find much enjoyment doing violence against my friends and the Randys! ;)

coolwhip

Noob
Ultimately, the reason support for MK9 died down was Injustice. I don't mean that in a bad way, but if it were the only game available still, I doubt the dedicated top players would have just gave up on it just because of its issues. Its issues had been known for a while and that never stopped the usual suspects from playing it, competing in it, and enjoying the hell out of it.

Perhaps a part of me wishes we stuck with the game a little longer (my one regret is those who didn't take it seriously enough in its last EVO) but it's perfectly understandable why people want to be dedicated to Injustice now, which is fresher, seemingly more well balanced, and a great game in its own right.

As far as the thread goes...Yeah, I'm pretty sure everyone will support MK10. Let's not act like this community did not support MK9. We've had many bumps throughout the road, but the community's passion and dedication cannot be questioned. I understand some people here aren't huge Injustice fans but it gets tiresome after a while to read the same "why are there DC characters on an MK site?!?!?!?!?!" OK, we get it. You don't like Injustice. I'm not saying that is the case with this thread, but I don't see why this community's dedication should ever be in question. People are now enjoying Injustice and when MK10 gets released, it will get similar treatment...only twice as magnified because it's freaking MK.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I can't wait for MK to come back

They need to do just a couple things to make it the success inj is...

Keep the same play style of MK9:
Same move sets
Button layouts
Specials map
And movement style

Add in universal options:
What street fighter did in sf4 by adding fadc
Mb b3 f3 in inj

With this, I still love MK and greatly prefer it to injustice.

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
Probaly will play it until Inj2, i follow the community so i will play what game the community supports.

I can't wait for MK to come back

They need to do just a couple things to make it the success inj is...

Keep the same play style of MK9:
Same move sets
Button layouts
Specials map
And movement style

Add in universal options:
What street fighter did in sf4 by adding fadc
Mb b3 f3 in inj

With this, I still love MK and greatly prefer it to injustice.
No Inj MB system and MKDC Pro Moves ;___; ???

I will never support a game "no matter what"

I love MK, but I'm not a fanboy that will stick with a game regardless of the quality of the product.

It has to be a good game. If it's good, I'll stay with it for as long as everyone else does.

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
I will buy and support MK10 unless NRS does what they did with Injustice and MK9 and just patch it a few times and call it quits. Thats the real problem anyway with MK it's not that the MK community just stops supporting MK games it's just hard to support a game when the company that makes it won't even support it. NRS needs to make a commitment to support the next MK for alot longer than they did MK9 and Injustice.

Oh yea and go with Back to Block in MK10 please for the love of god stay the hell away from that damn Block Button crap.