MK players in the San Fernando Valley

Discussion in 'Pacific South' started by Higgins, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Higgins

Higgins New Member

Looking to find anyone who is in or close to the San Fernando Valley for MK casuals.
  2. EGP_Shoryuken

EGP_Shoryuken Active Member

I live in the Valley also by Vanowen and Sepulveda in Van Nuys. I'm down for some casuales, let me know where and when and i'm there.
  3. Krayzie

Krayzie Safeties disabled. Krayzie mode engaged! Staff Member

You guys definitely have a scene down there, I've met multiple MK players from the Valley. Time to seek everybody out and have a strong local gathering.

I think Master Malone is from down there.
  4. Higgins

Higgins New Member

Cool dude, yea I'm down for whenever too.
  5. SHARKY

SHARKY Member

Count me in
  6. EGP Wonder_Chef

EGP Wonder_Chef Earth's Mightiest Mortal (Kombat Player)

I'm definitely down to try to make stuff in the Valley. It would be WAY easier if it was close to the Red or Orange lines though.
  7. Higgins

Higgins New Member

There are many orange line stops throughout the valley over here. The nearest ones to me are Van Nuys and Laurel Canyon.
  8. Higgins

Higgins New Member

So I guess we can do this at my house, I've got one setup. If anyone has a tv and console to bring so we have 2 setups, that would be cool. I'm down to set up a meeting for next week. I can do either Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday/Friday/Saturday. Wednesday/Thursday/Saturday would be after 7pm. Let me know what works for you guys.
  9. EGP_Shoryuken

EGP_Shoryuken Active Member

So how should we do this? Can you pm me your# so we can figure this out.
  10. Nekromanzer

Nekromanzer New Member

Im down for some MK9 casuals, I live in Canoga Park CA but down to drive it. And I can have some casuals at my house on Thursdays at 5:30 p.m.
  11. xZEPPELIx

xZEPPELIx Moderator

I'm always down for some casuals! Lets get something started in SFV. Is FFA still holding tournaments for MK9?
  12. Krayzie

Get a consistent scene going down there guys, you have the players. Then we can visit each other once in a while.

Groups of practice sessions in different places is the best way to keep MK alive.
  13. GuamoKun

GuamoKun My Nightwing Was Good Once Staff Member

I live in the SFV. 5 houses down from NEKROMANZER actually haha. I've never really tried to be part of a scene but this is my first time trying haha.
  14. Krayzie

15. Higgins

Higgins New Member

I'll be there...don't know if I'll be able to enter cause I have work 2 hours after the tourney starts.

I also wanted to see if anyone was available or interested to have a casual session this upcoming Tuesday, September 6th?
  16. Krayzie

Maybe we can start it a bit early.
  17. Higgins

Higgins New Member

That would be awesome if it's possible! :3
  18. RagingNight

RagingNight Well-Known Member

FFA? Family Fun Arcades in Granada/Northridge? Rofl I live close by

I might drop by, but probably won't enter the tourney. I haven't played MK9 recently outside of my friend asking me to play against him because MK9's online/training is atrocious and I've been playing 3s whenever I get the chance. But i'll go support the scene regardless
  19. Krayzie

Yes, sir.
  20. RagingNight

I remember FFA used to be pretty ghetto years ago pending on the times you went. Has it gotten better? I haven't been there in probably 4 years. Used to be like a cesspool with koreans late at night
  21. Krayzie

It looked chill to me last time I went. lol
  22. RagingNight

It probably cleaned up a bit. Though the times I went there were like friday late night, so it might just be the timing.

Well if nothing comes up, i'll try to head over and support the scene.
  23. GuamoKun

GuamoKun My Nightwing Was Good Once Staff Member

So who else is going to the FFA tourney on the 10th? This will be my first "official tourney"...well in a legit venue. I like the excitement and the "ohh...ohh! OOOOOHHHH!" moments.
  24. xZEPPELIx

xZEPPELIx Moderator

You guys gotta hit up Mike's place in Santa Monica. Free to play and there would be at least one set up for MK9. Really cool place! Ill post up some info when he announces the next one.
  25. Krayzie

Yeah, sorry I couldn't make it. I was hanging out with friends at the time.