What's new

Question MK online tournaments. Who wants in? Potentially what may happen.

Would you like to participate in a weekly Mortal Kombat online tournament that may lead to prizes.

• Total voters

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
Was thinking about hosting MK tournaments every weekend. Sorta similar to the lagfest weeklys from back in the day. I would like to throw in prizes once we get a decent amount of people playing every week. Prizes will change, at first I'll start with the microsoft points/PSN cash. If we have consistency with the player entrees then I will up the prizes and cap the tournament at a higher number. At first I will most likely cap the tournament at 32 players. Unless we have a pretty decent amount of people after the cap, I'll leave it at 32.

Which systems?
360 and the ps3

How much to enter?
Free
*If we have a decent amount of dedicated players competing in these tournaments then maybe I'll have a monthly event that will require you to pay but I will not force that upon people. I will make polls and threads talking about things before I make decisions.

Who gets prizes?
First place for now. Depending on the consistency and the number of players joining. I will throw up polls for cash distribution (if we get this far with the tournaments).

I may put in some pot bonuses in the future :){

Whats the purpose?
To bring back the hype in Mortal Kombat and run fun, enjoyable tournaments for people who miss the game.
ALSO it is being done to help our community get bigger. So tell all your friends about these tournaments and tell players that aren't on the forums such as TRMK, MKU and TYM about these events.

In the longrun this can help our community expand and bring back old players that said they "put the game down for good" to come back and have an enjoyable tournament to take part in every weekend. Like I said in the previous paragraph, it can bring in players that aren't on the forums.

This means that if you find a random person that knows decent combos and looks like he somewhat knows what hes doing (noob hunters/people who only play ranked) get them into it

This should be fun guys. The game may be dead at majors but its still very fun and hype.

Streams?
Yes. I will get someone to stream for me every weekend for both systems. 360 and PSN will be played on different days so the systems won't have to compete for viewers and it will make it easier on me to run the brackets. If you would like to stream inbox me.

Style of tournaments/rule set?
For now its gonna be the classic 2/3 set with all characters allowed except for kratos.
In the future I will make polls asking what people would like in terms of tournament ideas such as non S tier tournaments or low tier tournaments. Also I am willing to change the 2/3 to 3/5 rule set. WILL NOT be region locked. However if it becomes a problem with people connecting then I will limit tournaments to being region locked. Again threads and polls will go up for this.

First week
  • Cap will 32 like I said.
  • NO PRIZES FOR THE FIRST WEEK OR 2. I am getting an idea of how many players want to do this and if it is worth keeping it going.
  • Tournaments will be up and running for both systems
  • No special tournament. Every character allowed
  • Will begin a week before chrismas
So what do I want to be discussed in the thread right now?
  • Talk me how you feel about this. Do you like the idea? Would you be willing to do it?
  • Let me know if I left anything out. Any questions just tag me in the thread and I'll try my best to answer them
  • Anwer the question I put in the top so I have an idea of who would do this
  • Talk about why you aren't interested
I loved competing in online tournaments and I thought they were hype to watch on stream as well. Spread the word everywhere!!!!! Repost on TYM MKU TRMK... any MK site. I am posting this on TYM for now and later MKU/TRMK if anyone hasnt done it already. Even let the ok online scrubs know about this and get them into the community.

EDIT: I may have this tournament probably a week before Christmas instead of the week after Christmas because it looks like I'm getting lots of positive feedback. Now in this OP I'm going to start listing people and their GAMERTAGS. I'm not tagging you via TYM name because I have people on MKU that would like to participate as well and some friends and fans that would like to play that don't have TYM/MKU accounts.

This will just make it easier on me if I do it this way. If you guys can, tag me in this thread if you want to play and then next to your tag put your gamertag and/or PSN. Even if you already posted your gamertag/psn on this thread just tag me with your gamertag on the post. I will update the lists on TYM/MKU every night until the first tournament.

CURBOLICOUS <---- all you gotta do is copy and past this and put your GT/PSN next to it

Like I said I may change it to the weekend before Christmas. Now in terms of which system plays when, XBOX 360 WILL PLAY FRIDAY NIGHTS AND PS3 WILL PLAY SATURDAY NIGHTS.

I am still up for discussion if you guys want to change the time, days of when the tournament is played, etc etc. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS WHETHER IT BE ABOUT THE TOURNAMENT OR IF YOU WANT TO START A POLL FOR A SPECIFIC TIME FOR YOUR SYSTEM TAG ME SO I CAN WORK IT OUT.

Xbox 360 player list:
1. Wemfsfomer
2. TYM_Get_Caged
3. Sin 7empus

PSN player list
1. TYM_Get_Caged

Last edited:

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Sure why the hell not? I'll probably get blown the fuck up, but it will be fun... and it's all about having fun.

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
good to see i regret not getting on xbl sooner but oh well...it would be fun to participate regardless.

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
I've been telling AK GamerBlake many times that we should be doing this but we never got around to starting it for some reason. I was thinking of doing no prozes since it's online and people might get mad. I'd love to participate in this though.
the ps3 online tournies overfilled with salt for obvious lag reasons but mk is smooth on xbl still

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
The last online tournament I participated in I got top 3. :3 I'm game, but getting times to line up for all parties is the hardest thing.

I haven't played a fighting game in months but I'll hop back on MK for this. And I don't play Kratos but since the Xbox and ps3 are having different tournies why not allow him? It's just for fun at this point anyways

ryublaze

Noob
Another thing with prizes is that people might just play to win for the money so we'd be seeing a lot of Kabals, Kenshis, Cyraxes etc. Not that prizes are bad (it gives people an incentive to play) but if it's just for fun and no prizes then we'd probably see more character diversity.

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
Sure why the hell not? I'll probably get blown the fuck up, but it will be fun... and it's all about having fun.
Just play noob
Another thing with prizes is that people might just play to win for the money so we'd be seeing a lot of Kabals, Kenshis, Cyraxes etc. Not that prizes are bad (it gives people an incentive to play) but if it's just for fun and no prizes then we'd probably see more character diversity.
Ill play sub, regardless of the fact that I main Kabal :cool:

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I only have the game on PC, but even if there was a tourney on PC the connection would be a pain because of the distance. also the time difference won't help at all :( but I'd love to play with u guys