What's new

Question - Piercing Mileena unpredictability help

Kaneki

UPR Kaneki
Hi guys so I have been playing Mileena for a while now and I have a few questions about her. How does one become unpredictable with Mileena? The variation I use is piercing so I try to use low sai during a combo string but I can only pull it off sometimes depending on what combo string I start with. Also is their anyway for me to pull off combos without getting punished heavily for example I do a forward 3,4,3/3,4,4. Also are there any other safe combo setups other than back 1,2?

Goatness

Noob
Hi guys so I have been playing Mileena for a while now and I have a few questions about her. How does one become unpredictable with Mileena?The variation I use is piercing so I try to use low sai during a combo string but I can only pull it off sometimes depending on what combo string I start with.
I pretty much play nothing but Mileena and I want to say that Ravenous is far more "unpredictable" than Piercing, but I could be bias. The extra overhead and High Pounce making unsafe strings safer really amped up my available variation of approaches.

Also is their anyway for me to pull off combos without getting punished heavily for example I do a forward 3,4,3/3,4,4. Also are there any other safe combo setups other than back 1,2?
F3 is something you really need to build up to in order for it to land successfully, particularly against adept players. I wouldn't use it as your go-to combo starter.

As for safe combos set ups, I abuse the hell out of 21. Initially end it with High Pounce (HP) or Roll for damage. Then pepper in U3 or MB Rolls after 21 and see if they are blocking the over head. B12HP is safe and has good poke potential. F4HP is safe and starts low. F12B4,HP is a safe way to see if they block low at the end of this string. F23HP is safe and has good range and I nab people out of wake ups all the time with it.

I'm just an online warrior though, I'm sure there are better players here with some more adequate advice.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Hi guys so I have been playing Mileena for a while now and I have a few questions about her. How does one become unpredictable with Mileena? The variation I use is piercing so I try to use low sai during a combo string but I can only pull it off sometimes depending on what combo string I start with. Also is their anyway for me to pull off combos without getting punished heavily for example I do a forward 3,4,3/3,4,4. Also are there any other safe combo setups other than back 1,2?
MY TIPS FOR Peircing
never do F3 to start off, you need to trow that out randomly..... jip to F3 the block stun will keep them stuned and trick them to keep blocking your F3

Moves you should use to mixup and make her unpredictable and are generally safe:

F234
F23~BD4EX(OH)
F143
21U4
21~BD4EX(OH)
F1B4- it starts off the same way as your OH ender F143 but ends in a LOW

NOTE: don't end you combos with LOW sai because it is very NEGATIVE on block and you will get punished if you use that as a staple!

try to stay safe in frames and use your EX low sai after knoking them down, it stops most EX wakeups!

these are all generally safe some can be punished when blocked!

Roll Roll Roll, condition your opponent to block, then start pressure. you can use roll basically linked on almost every combo, as well as wait a split second after your combo ends then roll when they try to normal reversal. that roll basically hits them everywhere including airborn opponents!

Last edited:

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
don't use f3. its way too slow to be used in neutral. on knockdown do f12b4 on there wakeup. it stuffs most wakeups do to its multi hitting properties. you can mix it up with f12 ex roll. b12 is your go to in piercing but f234 Is solid and ends in a low. you can also mixt that up with f23 ex roll. d4 is great in neutral and 21u4 is a good string to mix them up.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
To be unpredictable with Piercing I feel you need to condition your opponent to block a certain way and then take advantage of that. ESG Jagged post is helpful in terms of mixup strings as Mileena has a few 50/50 scenarios midstring from F12, 2, F23, and F34 resulting in low combo enders or overheads. Using low sais to end strings is good to use occasionally but not too often as punishable. However it does help condition the opponent to block low opening them up for EX Roll. Occasionally use B21, a little on the slow side but most people don't see the low coming in that string so it hits and can go to a full combo.

F3 should be used once ever so often when your opponent is unlikely to expect it. Practice doing only F34 and confirm to a combo if it hits. If it's blocked end the string at F34 as you are safe.

Strings F23, 123, 124, B12, B21, 21U4, F34 and F12B4 are safe against the majority of the cast and can be converted into combos

I dunno... being unpredictable just means observing what your opponent is looking for you to do, and then doing something different.

Low sai is very negative on block, but it forces a low block after strings. Even if they DO punish you, remember that. Next time do the string and do nothing. Watch them. If they keep blocking low trying to punish you again, congrats. You have advantage. And next time do EX Roll instead. Or crossover jump.

Other people guessing correctly doesn't always mean you're playing predictably. It could mean they just rolled the dice and won.

Kaneki

UPR Kaneki
Thanks for the advice guys. I will take all what you said into consideration as it led me to rethink somethings and alter my play style for the better.