What's new

Combo List - Mileena Mileena Combo Thread (updated feb 2016)

Glaga

Professional Lurker
After watching SaibotMk's video on corner combos, this once again made me want to try something and voila! It works!
Pretty much, the main combo string is this (all done in piercing):

xx BR, walk away from wall a little, d2, NJP

The lowest damage example with the b21, 2+4 ender is this:

f4 xx BR, walk away from wall a bit, d2, NJP, b21, 2+4 (35%, no meter)

So this is simply starting with a single hitting low with no meter and this hit for 35%! If you do our favourite b12 instead of f4, that will yield 37%! You can also end this combo however you want (like what SaibotMk had in his video involving 123 xx LS). By far, the hardest part about landing this combo is the freaking NJP. I found the easiest way to do it is to be REALLY quick executing that uppercut. Like, as SOON as Mileena turns around while walking under the enemy, uppercut! Another great thing about this is that you can still u3 MB after the NJP. Actually, if you use u3 MB, the b21, 2+4 will be A LOT easier to land. The highest damage version of this combo I have found is this:

JIP, 123 xx BR, walk away from wall a bit, d2, NJP, u3 MB, b21, 2+4 (42%, 1 meter)!!!

I believe the combo I will be practising the most with this string is:

21 xx EX BR, walk away from wall a bit, d2, NJP, 21u4 (31%, 1 meter)

This has a VERY quick mid, low, overhead string that will be difficult to block, ESPECIALLY while the opponent is already stressed from the fact that they're in the corner. While practising this combo, it feels like the only thing that I can land if I use an enhanced ball roll is a 21 type combo, otherwise I'll always whiff. That's not too bad since 21u4 is a hard knockdown with very quick recovery frames!

Jeez, uppercuts in corners sure are fun. I should become the uppercut corner mastah! Who needs f3 combos? (I still hope NetherRealm buffs f3's frames... I miss MK9 Mileena's u4) Also, if anyone can think of a better way to word "walk away from wall a bit", that'd be great.

EDIT: Added in my preferred combo

Last edited:

Glaga

Professional Lurker
I just made a video of the two combos I posted earlier (so here's proof that they're even possible!):

If I could pull those two combos (or any variation of the first one) off consecutively like that, that would be incredible.

(Also, if you're wondering about the button inputs on the left: Yes, I am currently a keyboard warrior. I am getting freakishly good on the keyboard and REALLY need to go buy a stick or a pad.)

B3 xx TK xx air sai, B21 2+4 (29% - no meter, can be used as AA)

Been trying out this combo in Piercing that's on the first page, but I can't get it to work. Up to the Air Sai it works fine, but then I guess I catch them with the B21 on the way down? That's not working. Anyone got an idea what I am doing wrong?

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan

Been trying out this combo in Piercing that's on the first page, but I can't get it to work. Up to the Air Sai it works fine, but then I guess I catch them with the B21 on the way down? That's not working. Anyone got an idea what I am doing wrong?
No clue. Works for me. Don't even have to run cancel or walk into B2. Maybe your Tele Sai timing is off.

Glaga

Professional Lurker
Hi, new time poster, long time lurker here!
A consistent corner combo I have found that does NOT utilize f3 (because we all know how reliable that is...) is:

NJP, TK xx SB, d2, BR, b21, 2+4 (37% - no meter)
Ahh!!! While practising this combo, I accidentally messed up and did a d4 instead of a ball roll which I normally just press restart and repractice the combo again... but then I suddenly started receiving flashbacks of what some combos were like for Mileena back in MK9 and I came up with this:

NJP, TK xx SB, d2, d4 xx BR, b21, 2+4 (38% - no meter)

I was so pumped. Can anyone else find a corner combo that doesn't use f3 that deals more damage than 38% without meter?! If so, then at least my combo looks cool and thanks for helping me out! If not, then I hope I helped you guys out!

Also, quick question. How even reliable is landing a NJP in the corner? I believe NJP breaks armour (sometimes?) so I'd guess it's a pretty good move to use if you knock the enemy down in the corner. But... I'd still guess that anyone in a higher level would see the jump and either extend laying on the ground or just block high.

Edit: Made a video!

I'm still confused about how NJP and armour breaking works. SOMETIMES it breaks Takeda's armour, other times it doesn't. Maybe I'm wrong about the armour breaking and that wakeup attack just has some frames where it doesn't have armour? I don't know.

Last edited:

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Ahh!!! While practising this combo, I accidentally messed up and did a d4 instead of a ball roll which I normally just press restart and repractice the combo again... but then I suddenly started receiving flashbacks of what some combos were like for Mileena back in MK9 and I came up with this:

NJP, TK xx SB, d2, d4 xx BR, b21, 2+4 (38% - no meter)

I was so pumped. Can anyone else find a corner combo that doesn't use f3 that deals more damage than 38% without meter?! If so, then at least my combo looks cool and thanks for helping me out! If not, then I hope I helped you guys out!

Also, quick question. How even reliable is landing a NJP in the corner? I believe NJP breaks armour (sometimes?) so I'd guess it's a pretty good move to use if you knock the enemy down in the corner. But... I'd still guess that anyone in a higher level would see the jump and either extend laying on the ground or just block high.

Edit: Made a video!

I'm still confused about how NJP and armour breaking works. SOMETIMES it breaks Takeda's armour, other times it doesn't. Maybe I'm wrong about the armour breaking and that wakeup attack just has some frames where it doesn't have armour? I don't know.
Combo is very nice but I was actually more impressed in seeing that the inputs were from a keyboard. Anyone that can play fighters on keyboard has my eternal respect :)

Back on topic that's an interesting addition to combos. Will mess around with this and see what I can come up with

Glaga

Professional Lurker
Combo is very nice but I was actually more impressed in seeing that the inputs were from a keyboard. Anyone that can play fighters on keyboard has my eternal respect :)

Back on topic that's an interesting addition to combos. Will mess around with this and see what I can come up with
Thank you for your feedback! As fun as being a keyboard warrior may be (it is so satisfying hearing my mechanical keyboard do "*clickclickclick* pause *clickclickclick*"), I do plan on getting something better to play with eventually. However, me being a broke-ass university student really impedes that... After a while of looking around, I do think that the Hitbox Arcade Box looks like it would compliment my style of playing the best despite me using an Xbox 360 Controller for MK9 for all those years.

I do try to do meterless combos as much as I can for the highest damage possible since I prefer saving my meter for breakers and EX BR. I've searched through every corner Mileena combo videos that I could find and most of them sports f3s, u3 MBs, EX TK, and so on. I've been trying for practicality, not highest numbers (I guess my combos wouldn't be very practical in a laggy match...) If I already found out a way to improve my combo a day after, I wouldn't be surprised if you can find more (especially in other variations). I'll be looking forward to see what you come up with!

Dark_Ky

Noob
I wanna pick up Mileena but I always had trouble with the telekick~airsai in combos since MK9 lol

no problems with raw telekick into airsai but in combos the airsai never comes out.

Roll, B3 xx TK xx air sai (THIS airsaiv never combos out! whats the timing?) B12 1+3 DD2 (troulbe with this too lol, whats the timing on the dd2?)

Glaga

Professional Lurker
I wanna pick up Mileena but I always had trouble with the telekick~airsai in combos since MK9 lol

no problems with raw telekick into airsai but in combos the airsai never comes out.

Roll, B3 xx TK xx air sai (THIS airsaiv never combos out! whats the timing?) B12 1+3 DD2 (troulbe with this too lol, whats the timing on the dd2?)
I've had lots of trouble with the air sais as well. I found that the trick is to not start inputting it until you literally see Mileena sink into the ground during her telekick.

The DD2 after the 1+3 is a bit easier. You just press DD2 RIGHT after the 1+3 without any pause as if it's part of the combo string, no timing involved.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Use U3 EX in combos as I've said many times previously. It gives her combos a HUGE damage boost you wouldn't otherwise get.

As for NON meter combos. The highest you can get seems to be one of these options...

- 21 Hits - 34% - J.P 1,2,3 - roll - j/b K - Sai - B 1,2~1+3 ~U,U+2.
- 15 Hits - 34% - J.P 1,2,3 - roll - j/b K - Sai - B 1,2 - QCB 3~D,D 2 ~ B,B 4
- 15 Hits - 35% - J.P 1,2,3 - roll - j/b K - Sai - F 2,3 - QCB 3~D,D 2 ~ B,B 4
- 14 Hits - 36% - F 343 - roll - j.b k - Sai - B 1,2 - QCB 3~D,D 2 ~ B,B 4

These are your Ravenous Optimals it's the best you're going to get. ( Making Videos soon.)

Telekick makes them drop to low too get anything off. Sai gives the best float..

Impractical but if you wanna get fancy...

After Roll J.p - J.p - Sai into one of the ender strings does about the same.
You can most certainly get more than that in Ravenous. Why would you assert this as "the best you're going to get"? And off naked jump in punches?

F343 meaty starter can get you 39% for the easy conversion or 41% for the more difficult.

• F343~TeleKick~AirSai, Roll, F23~Chain Grab (low or mid / full chain) = 39%
  • F343~TeleKick~Airsai, F2~Roll, F23~Chain Grab (low or mid / full chain) = 41%

Last edited:

Dark_Ky

Noob
I've had lots of trouble with the air sais as well. I found that the trick is to not start inputting it until you literally see Mileena sink into the ground during her telekick.

The DD2 after the 1+3 is a bit easier. You just press DD2 RIGHT after the 1+3 without any pause as if it's part of the combo string, no timing involved.
I still dont get it xD
need to practise more I guess.

Arkayne

Jade Mod. Poison Ivy
You can most certainly get more than that in Ravenous. Why would you assert this as "the best you're going to get"? And off naked jump in punches?

F343 meaty starter can get you 39% for the easy conversion or 41% for the more difficult.

• F343~TeleKick~AirSai, Roll, F23~Chain Grab (low or mid / full chain) = 39%
  • F343~TeleKick~Airsai, F2~Roll, F23~Chain Grab (low or mid / full chain) = 41%
Because F,3,4,3 Starter is REALLY bad. People can D+1 it on reaction, I wouldn't trust using F3,4,3 as a starter even on meaty.
Put it like this if you manage to hit that off great use those combos and get more damage but I wouldn't put my trust in it.

Arkayne

Jade Mod. Poison Ivy
@Dark_Ky Because you're doing the wrong Input. After B,1,2~1+3 It's UU2 not DD2. After the second bite is biting do the input and you'll get it everytime.

Glaga

Professional Lurker
@Dark_Ky @Arkayne Oh yeah, I guess knowing whether he's in Ravenous or Piercing would be pretty important on whether it's UU2 or DD2. UU2 for Ravenous and DD2 for Piercing. After testing, there is a HUUGE gap on when you can put the extension button inputs. You can type UU2 or DD2 anywhere between INSTANTLY after as if it's part of the combo string (like I do) or RIGHT before the first stab/bite. You're most likely just pressing the wrong buttons.

I hope you're doing fine with the TK xx SB now. :cool:

And yes, practice would be best. I think I'm spending WAAY too much time in practice mode. I've hardly fought anyone yet.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
@Dark_Ky Because you're doing the wrong Input. After B,1,2~1+3 It's UU2 not DD2. After the second bite is biting do the input and you'll get it everytime.
Only in Ravenous is it :u:u2. In Piercing it's :d:d2.

Because F,3,4,3 Starter is REALLY bad. People can D+1 it on reaction, I wouldn't trust using F3,4,3 as a starter even on meaty.
Put it like this if you manage to hit that off great use those combos and get more damage but I wouldn't put my trust in it.
Right. My point is though you listed some Rav combos as "the most optimal / best you're going to get" when there's other optimal combos. Specifically it seems like you're advocating for jump kick cancels into Air Sai as linkers when b3~TeleKick~AirSai can get you 2-4% more . In the case of f343 you can actually get 5% more than what you listed. I wouldn't have singled you out but it's important that when you make claims like "best" and "most optimal" that you're using factual information.

Arkayne

Jade Mod. Poison Ivy
Only in Ravenous is it :u:u2. In Piercing it's :d:d2.

Right. My point is though you listed some Rav combos as "the most optimal / best you're going to get" when there's other optimal combos. Specifically it seems like you're advocating for jump kick cancels into Air Sai as linkers when b3~TeleKick~AirSai can get you 3-4% more . In the case of f343 you can actually get 5% more than what you listed. I wouldn't have singled you out but it's important that when you make claims like "best" and "most optimal" that you're using factual information.
I agree,I understand what you mean. But it's my fault assuming that people would already know why. Which is my fault.

Those Optimal combos are for practicality purposes because they are strong and easy to do. Where as the B+3 combos are much harder to hit and take a bit more execution. I'll say as stated before, people need to stop starting combos with f+3,4,3 because of how slow it is.

If we want to get technical I have some very, very hard double jump punch combos that are hard to do and do like 42%. But I'm speaking in a practical sense here.

Wingman

Noob

You are probably waiting slightly too long to do the B21. Start the input the instant Mileena is back on the ground from the air sai.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
I agree,I understand what you mean. But it's my fault assuming that people would already know why. Which is my fault.

Those Optimal combos are for practicality purposes because they are strong and easy to do. Where as the B+3 combos are much harder to hit and take a bit more execution. I'll say as stated before, people need to stop starting combos with f+3,4,3 because of how slow it is.

If we want to get technical I have some very, very hard double jump punch combos that are hard to do and do like 42%. But I'm speaking in a practical sense here.
The only reason I mentioned a f343 combo is because you listed one. Trust me I know it can be blown up even as a meaty on an opponent with no meter.
I think we're misunderstanding each other here because I'm not saying to try and land her slow ass f343 opener all over the place. I'm merely pointing out that you can get more damage even with the openers you listed (ji123 // f343). b3 is certainly a more difficult linker as it's hitbox is finnicky compared to njp. Also, online lag might necessitate an easier linker as well (njp).

Last edited:

Arkayne

Jade Mod. Poison Ivy
Yeah maybe, I'm speaking in terms of what can actually be used and does the best damage from what's actually good.

I know f 3,4,3 is the best opener damage wise. Q.Q

Glaga

Professional Lurker
Okay, now it may look like I'm just spamming now, but I'm so excited! I once again found a way to slightly "improve" the combo once more!

NJP, TK xx SB, d2, 4 xx BR, b21, 2+4 (39% - no meter)

The biggest problem about this combo is that the enemy is no longer practically beside the wall (though I think that far range ball roll does look cool). I'm not sure how often I would personally use this combo (heck, I'm thinking about just sticking with the 37% version since I can land it so easily now), but I still accomplished my main feat of trying to get the highest number possible with Piercing Mileena, no meter, and no f3. I think that Ravenous can obviously get a higher number since it's just simply a matter of changing the ender.

I was experimenting with many different moves that you can do right before the ball roll, but some moves that I found that works in substitute of d4 is b1 and f2 (unsurprisingly). However, once I tried using b12 and f23, the 2+4 of the b21, 2+4 combo string keeps dropping. I'd imagine this to not be the case for ravenous Mileena's command grabs. However, you guys can test it yourselves if you still drop the 2+4 after using b12 or f23. I'd appreciate it! For now, I think I'm done looking for any nuances in this string. Hope you guys enjoyed and hope you guys find anything interesting!

Last edited: