What's new

Microsoft no longer charging fees for title patching on Xbox 360

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I swear MS is just trying their hardest to look good after the whole XB1 BS...

This is good news and if Sony does the same as well maybe we will be able to see some games get the proper support they deserve.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
Dude, if this is all that it takes to get MK 9 patched, then I'd love to see it happen. lol...the 360 would end up becoming the standard for MK 9 after all.

It might just be a matter of if NRS already has a patch ready to go for 360 or not. If they don't, then I'm assuming that the next question becomes whether NRS is willing to pay the extra money to have their developers work on it. I don't know, though. I won't pretend that I know how the industry works.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
In all seriousness, I still retain that NRS stopped patching MK9 because it was more trouble than what it was worth, regardless of investment. Back when CDJR was being interviewed by Gamespot when he said the community just wants Kabal fixed, they must've been rolling their eyes thinking "riiiiiiiiight..."

UMK9 is still the best alternative imo, but even then, it would've happened by now.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Dude, if this is all that it takes to get MK 9 patched, then I'd love to see it happen. lol...the 360 would end up becoming the standard for MK 9 after all.

It might just be a matter of if NRS already has a patch ready to go for 360 or not. If they don't, then I'm assuming that the next question becomes whether NRS is willing to pay the extra money to have their developers work on it. I don't know, though. I won't pretend that I know how the industry works.

this is were all those rumors from before of them having a patch ready to go and WB not wanting to pay the money to MS for it will be squashed,

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
In all seriousness, I still retain that NRS stopped patching MK9 because it was more trouble than what it was worth, regardless of investment. Back when CDJR was being interviewed by Gamespot when he said the community just wants Kabal fixed, they must've been rolling their eyes thinking "riiiiiiiiight..."

UMK9 is still the best alternative imo, but even then, it would've happened by now.

I honestly think they would make money on a UMK9, I would fuckin die if it happen, straight up heartattack and drop,

My love for MK runs deep,

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I hope colt finds time to finish the MK9 patch between working on Injustice DLCs (or whatever hes doing ATM), that'll really breathe some life into MK9 post-EVO and VXG and I would forever be grateful to NRS

I swear MS is just trying their hardest to look good after the whole XB1 BS...

This is good news and if Sony does the same as well maybe we will be able to see some games get the proper support they deserve.

Dude they were already good, 90% the gaming population is ignorant.

Digital is the future and it's good, they just explained horribly and introduced too much at the same time.

And all of you should read the "$40k" to patch games, you can't shit out patches.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
Dude they were already good, 90% the gaming population is ignorant.

Digital is the future and it's good, they just explained and introduced too much at the same time.

And all of you should read the "$40k" to patch games, you can't shit out patches.

When you have Jimmy Fallon talking shit about the xbone, you know more than 10% know about it.

I still maintain that WB wouldn't allow them to patch further because they needed to start working on a new project.
If that's not the case and it really was just the patching fee, then I will be NRS's ass-slave for a year if they release another patch after this.

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
but what if... new mk9 patch would fuck up the game more than all patches before?

They have the vita patch which took out Smokes resets, Jax's corner 100%, but fucked over Jade and Sindel. Honestly, I would just like to forget that patch existed :p
yeah that patch sucks ass, only taking out smoke reset is good. I have no problem with Jax's 100% combo cuz he needs 3 bars and we have breaker.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
They have the vita patch which took out Smokes resets, Jax's corner 100%, but fucked over Jade and Sindel. Honestly, I would just like to forget that patch existed :p
but what if... new mk9 patch would fuck up the game more than all patches before?
This, could be one of the biggest reasons actually. Remember the patch that came out around the same time as Skarlet and MK3 Cyrax could do the command grab bomb trap again? *le facepalm*