What's new

Question Meter Spending with Shazam (Bonus 2-bar no trait 100% combo)

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
I am absolutely reckless with meter, because I think my Shazam should to be absolutely reckless with meter spending.
But other
I see many Shazam players ending their combos with 2, Achilles Clutch, but never meterburning their achilles clutch., or their atlas torpedos, if being used as a combo ender.
Why not?
It does cost a bar, but both are also is the coolest looking moves in the game, AC is hemma damaging, and both allow for mixups out the wazoo.
Achilles Clutch Mb, 1, 1, forward teleport is ambiguous as it gets, if they don't tech roll-- which they often don't, due to expecting combos to end-- and if they do tech roll, you ca nreplace your neutral jump mixup with a forward jump for a crzy cross-up. You can also do 3 xx forward teleport to land right on top of your opponent-- confusing whatever wakeup inputs they may be trying, and go for the same things done above.

Why would anyone ever not meterburn atlas torpedo, either? It creates a hard knockdown with what I think is a full second of advantage? You can dash twice to cross-up, dash once and jump over to cross up at a different time, atlas torpedo ambigulously, or set up the herculean might reset if the opponent doesn't wake up, or do armor moves on either side, or dash in, then dash out, then b2, 3 to punish the opponent's advancing wakeup.. lot's of options! why not always meterburn it?

Well, here are some reasons to meterburn grabs.
Ridiculously damaging, practical combos for two or three bars-- could be one, if you want.

KIllaByte

I call the combos two bar 100%s because you build one bar back by doing the combo.
Also, if you don't start with armor F3, I'm pretty sure you can make two bar 100% anyway.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Midscreen, it doesn't work in the corner.
For the Corner you don't MB the AC ender. And you do B2 as soon as you can. It gives you the cross up. Good to know for Midscreen.
I call the combos two bar 100%s because you build one bar back by doing the combo.
Also, if you don't start with armor F3, I'm pretty sure you can make two bar 100% anyway.
Ya the Bar Build is nice.

Indecisive

I already knew that one, I personally prefer ending with d3 in the corner.

@KIllaByte
Can you hit the interactable after MB HM?
Whats your Combo for ending in D3. I have been trying to figure it out. Since you can dash forward and make them wake up the other way.

KIllaByte

I already knew that one, I personally prefer ending with d3 in the corner.

@KIllaByte
Can you hit the interactable after MB HM?
Yeah. It is 1% less consistent than MB Achilles Clutch, though, and also does a tiny little bit less damage.
But, if you land either grab meterburned off of any block mixup or combo in the corner, you can do this near otg reset- if they don't wakeup. If they do wakeup, as you may have heard in the video, armoring the rocketship leads to even more immediate lifebar destruction.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I just do any launcher into 112, d3. Depending on the gravity you can do a second 112 but it's harder. I'd rather just take the easy route.
Argh, that loses so much damage when you get such insane mixups off of AC though.

I mean off of raw B2, 112 > Sweep does 18% but 112 > 112 > 112 xx ac does 30%

What mixups do you even get off of sweep that you don't get off of AC to make the sweep worth it?

AC gives you meaty grab, crossup b2, non crossup b2, and wakeup bait.

Indecisive

Argh, that loses so much damage when you get such insane mixups off of AC though.

I mean off of raw B2, 112 > Sweep does 18% but 112 > 112 > 112 xx ac does 30%

What mixups do you even get off of sweep that you don't get off of AC to make the sweep worth it?

AC gives you meaty grab, crossup b2, non crossup b2, and wakeup bait.
If you dash Forward after the Sweep it reverses their Wakeups.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Ya i know. Also Teleporting into them sometimes will put you behind them -_-. Which is why i dont go for it that much.
I'm just saying, you are losing like 12-13% for the chance to get one more chance at a mixup that doesn't work on the whole cast when you have like 4 really good mixups anyway.

Indecisive

I'm just saying, you are losing like 12-13% for the chance to get one more chance at a mixup that doesn't work on the whole cast when you have like 4 really good mixups anyway.
I know. Thats also why i don't go for the D3 Mix up. The D3 Mix up gives you the same things as the AC Mix up with the added Reverse WU. But you lose Damage.