What's new

[May 26, 2012] Project MrE's Traditional Kombat (3rd tournament season 1) (Rotterdam)

The-Bizzle

You alright mate ?
Alright just open the youtube version of ur vids and copy the URL and paste it into the thread. If you need help I'll get round to doing it later I don't mind.

Also I just watched some of ur vids. Really nice Sektor man :). Just a few criticisms if you do not mind though:

1) Don't abuse wake-ups with Sektor especially since he has a weak wake-up game. Also try to not use flame burner as a wake-up option since it is easy to punish up close or even if the opponent crosses you over.
2) Against Cage you obviously want to stay away so use more B1 in the footsies game to create space. Try to avoid F2 in this match-up if possible.
3) You used a few random teleport uppercuts here and there. Don't! It might work the first time or two but then you are in trouble.
4) I noticed you did 11/11B1 a lot which is great. I liked how you interrupted the opponents' pressure with standing 1 but it's better if you just mash out 12B1 because then if it hits you get a full combo punish.

I don't wanna be too negative so I'll point out the stuff I loved about your Sektor as well.

1) You used the leg lift stance excellently. You use it a lot better than I do for sure :). Nice mix-ups.
2) I like your up missile set-ups. Also I like how you use F2 to trap the opponent after an up missile. It was something I was testing out in the lab about a month ago and you can do some good stuff with it so good shit! Just note that in combos the best up missile set up is 1-up missile because it is the safest ender and gives you space as well.
3) Very good use of your throw. I thought you used it perfectly when you needed to. If the opponent is scared to use a wake-up attack then don't be afraid to B3 OTG them.

Overall I was impressed and I'm sure with more tournament time on your hands you will become even better :).

If you have any questions then please don't be afraid to ask me.
You are so damn right about my mistakes.... the random teleports and too much of the same wake-up attacks.
Its still stuck in my gameplay and I try to get it out. Thnxz anyway for the tips man.
Cheers m8 !

<F8>

<Insert witty title>
My greatest props to Sonix!! I see u finally found a Char that suits you :) I saw a few matches and u rocked bro! Very well played
This.

And ... The booze and the grass.
Had fun with you guys and it was refreshing to see new faces.
See you guys on the next one, without alcohol this time lol. Eeeeeh, it had it a reason. Last tourney of the season, great weather , etc etc etc ... 'Nuff said.

See some of you on Saturday for the casuals.