What's new

[May 26, 2012] Project MrE's Traditional Kombat (3rd tournament season 1) (Rotterdam)

dussss

Noob
Ill show a new char every tour hahaha bt i decided to hold on to scorpion as main. He's gonna be my backup

<F8>

<Insert witty title>
Ill show a new char every tour hahaha bt i decided to hold on to scorpion as main. He's gonna be my backup
Very true. You have been showcasing a new char each tournament / casual, props for that.
Yes I've been observing your Scorp. He's fun, isn't he? Soon we'll mirror bro, this should be entertaining.

dussss

Noob
Very true. You have been showcasing a new char each tournament / casual, props for that.
Yes I've been observing your Scorp. He's fun, isn't he? Soon we'll mirror bro, this should be entertaining.
haha thanx man! And yes, scorp is sooo much fun to play. I cant wait till the new tournament matches come out so i cn work on my gameplay cus i havent been playing him long enough to play consistent. Bt i did a certain setup on the tour that worked very well at the beginning bt at the end i gt punished everytime so i went to the drawing board and now i hav 2 situation where the opponent has to choose. Not only with a teleport at the end. Ill show u soon^^

<F8>

<Insert witty title>
haha thanx man! And yes, scorp is sooo much fun to play. I cant wait till the new tournament matches come out so i cn work on my gameplay cus i havent been playing him long enough to play consistent. Bt i did a certain setup on the tour that worked very well at the beginning bt at the end i gt punished everytime so i went to the drawing board and now i hav 2 situation where the opponent has to choose. Not only with a teleport at the end. Ill show u soon^^
Yea once people catch on to ya you're best of to use a lot of variety on our good ol' yellow ninja, he is quite the punishable one. Some mind games here and there comes to play, also a few frames Scorp always gets a sure hit ( I'll tell ya when I see ya ). My setups have changed too, they required some polishing after a year of playing with him ... Rarely / seldom miss a combo unless I screwed up on the height of my juggle, which is shit.

Edit:

In response to AssassiN[be] :
Surely you already know that you can always have casuals over at Djack. I understand you have better things to do, the real life issues and such. However ... You always have the opportunity to get casuals going, just set a date with Djack and he'll look into it.

Which ultimately brings me to this point. ( thanks for the idea AssassiN[be] btw. )
Why won't we just arrange a casual, a few even if possible. But not just us three since there isn't much to learn from each other any further than just new mind games and strategies towards our mains characters.

So I'd like to propose to Djack we setup a gathering point along together with ( if possible ); AssassiN[be], Solid_S14, dussss, Satan's Haze and Sonix. Perhaps some others may wanna tag along but I think space will be an issue for that, but I'm just suggesting here so bare that in mind.

But before we set this in stone, I'd like us to discuss this elsewhere as I don't wanna hijack E's thread here. Sorry for that Project MrE. It's just a thought towards Assassin[be] his idea.

That said, it's time for me to extract some tears in Eve. Good day and see you at the tournament / casual guys.

AssassiN

Noob
<F8>

Yeah, I know :).
Def want to drop by from some casuals, playing against CPU all day isn't gonna help me :p.
Sounds good to me, I know Solid loves to drop by on Fridays but people work so... :p

I'm working on the trailer for the upcoming tournament, we got some great footage from our last tournament and we will use it to make the new one

for those of you that have facebook check out Kharacter Kombat tournament album with all HQ pictures provided by Luwi Productions

NKZero

Noob
Did you know that jumpstyle started in holland???
I wouldn't be surprised. I found out the hard way in tournament. Every fucking poke gets blown up by good ol' JIP. It's like I revisited the darkest online days lmao. You guys should play real footsies ffs :p

<F8>

<Insert witty title>
Did you know that jumpstyle started in holland???
Did it? Here I was thinking it was you that got everyone going with the babies ... ;)

Now to be serious for a second regarding that. I guess I must have inherited that along together with the neutrals from the MKvsDC days to be honest with ya. I do admit it's a bonus for you when picking up MK9 if you've played that for a bit. Seeing as a piece of it's mechanics still exists within MK9 itself it's pretty handy to go with. Obviously there's is a handful left to learn even if you are familiarized with the previous game.

In MK9 it works when; the other player made a wrong choice or the other player had input failure. Deadly when; you made a bad choice or the other player his/her character it's anti air will effectively work. Probably more debatable reasons when it works and when it doesn't but I for one would rather just play and learn about it as I go.

Looking forward having fun with you guys and enjoying some GG's.
Too bad we couldn't attend your casuals today, hope you guys are having a blast.

The trailer for the Traditional Kombat will be available tonight on our youtube channel be sure to post this on your social websites like facebook hyves and other forums so we can have a higher body count :)

Kharacter Kombat tournament videos have made it to the front page. Be sure to drop of a message of your experience of the tournaments and don't forget to like the article .