What's new

[May 2, 2015] Paradise Found: MKX / SM4SH / USF4 / IGAU / KI (Princeton, New Jersey)

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments

Venue Fee:
Pre-Reg: $20
Door: $25
Spectator Pass (Door only): $10
Hotel Room Rate $105. Contact Sarah Feldman at 609-945-2519 to make the reservations and mention you are with V Group.

All Games $10 Entry
  • Mortal Kombat X - 2/3 (PS4) $100 Pot Bonus TCW Qualifier
  • Ultra Street Fighter IV - 2/3 (360) $100 Pot Bonus
  • Killer Instinct - 2/3 (Xbox One)
  • Super Smash Brothers - 2/3 (WiiU) $100 Pot Bonus
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us - 3/5 (360)
  • Skullgirls - 2/3 (PS3) $100 Pot Bonus
1st Place trophies along with medals for 2nd/3rd place.

100 person ballroom with A/C, stage, speakers and projector!

Bring your own station is returning!

---

The Rules & Basics:

• IGAU / USF4 will be played on XB360 * MKX on PS4 * KI on XB1 * SSB4U on WiiU with GC adapters*
  • All setups will have Asus Monitors and external speakers. Controllers will not be provided.
  • MKX PLAYERS LISTEN UP!!! If you are using a PS3 stick for MKX on PS4 you must bring your OWN PS4 PAD AND SYNC CABLE. We will have a desync station and once your match is over you will be required to go to the desync station. If you do not go to the desync station and you end up pausing someones match you are DQ'ed from the tournament.
  • MKX, KI3, Sm4sh and USF4 (double blind pick allowed) will be 2/3 double elimination. IGAU will be 3/5 double elimination throughout. ALL GAMES loser picks stage/character. Grand, Winner, Loser Finals is 3/5.
  • MKX & IGAU is double random stage select, loser chooses to keep stage or go back to double random/change character. MKX winner is variation locked.
  • Sm4shU is 2 stock / no items / 6 minutes. Starter Stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville --- Counter Stages: Halberd, Kongo jungle 64, Castle Siege, Omega stages, Duck Hunt, Delfino Plaza, Lylat Cruise, Town & City. Apex Rules
  • Games with more than 8 entrants 70/20/10 split, anything less is winner takes all.
  • Cronus adapter is BANNED.
---

Tourney & Stream Schedule:

Tourney Schedule:
2PM: KI3 / IGAU / Sm4sh
3PM: SG streamed by http://www.twitch.tv/kpblive
4PM: USF4
6PM: MKX

Stream Tentative Schedule: http://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby
2PM - 4PM: Sm4sh Pools
4PM - 6PM: KI3 Top 3 / IGAU Top 3
6PM - 8PM: Smash Top 3 + 8-man Exhibition / USF4 Top 3
8PM - 9PM : MKX Pools
9PM - 11PM: MKX Top 8

---

Amenities:

• Hotel Room Rate $105. Contact Sarah Feldman at 609-945-2519 to make the reservations and mention you are with V Group.
  • There is a restaurant in the hotel as well as downtown Princeton just a mile away.
  • For my friends traveling by train, take it to the Princeton Junction Station, 10 minutes away I will arrange pickups!!
  • @Scoot Magee of Matamian Games will have a table bringing you all your old school NES gaming needs!
  • RiteAV will also have a table setup so if your looking for cables, look no further! @Shock

Sponsored by:
KombatNetwork
Kick-Punch-Block
Matamian Games
RiteAV
XfireGamingLI

Last edited:

RapZiLLa54

Tourney Schedule:
2PM: KI3 / IGAU / Sm4sh
4PM: USF4
6PM: MKX

Stream Tentative Schedule:
2PM - 4PM: Sm4sh Pools
4PM - 6PM: KI3 Top 3 / IGAU Top 3
6PM - 8PM: Smash Top 3 + 8-man Exhibition / USF4 Top 3
8PM - 9PM : MKX Pools
9PM - 11PM: MKX Top 8

RapZiLLa54

Are these ticket things for real? Do I have to print them out and bring them? Or just show up with my ID?
I'll have all the pre-regs on on my excel sheet like I've had in the past so if you can bring the ticket awesome! If not, I got you covered anyway.

Some big updates went down this weekend.

• Thanks to KPB, SkullGirls has been added to the card along with $100 Pot Bonus for USF4 & SkullGirls!!
  • Thanks to @Scoot Magee at Matamian Games for adding $100 Pot Bonus to Sm4sh!! They will have a table bringing you all your old school NES gaming needs!
  • RiteAV will also be having a table setup so if your looking for cables, look no further! @Shock
  • Shoutouts to @Mr Aqua for making Paradise Found a TCW qualifier for MKX!!! 500 first place points on the line!

Last edited:

RapZiLLa54

I know a lot of you are in the market for a PS4 Stick these days. I'll be raffling off a Hori RAP V4 Hayabusa at Paradise Found! $15 per ticket or 5 for $50!!

RapZiLLa54

For those Sm4sh Players out there, I'll be having the 4 Store Exclusives to Raffle off!!
I'll be bundling them up 2 in a raffle for $20 ea.
Shulk, Rosalina, Lucario, Meta Knight!

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Quick question. To enter and compete, do I have to register in advance or can I show up at noon to put my name in the touney?

I'm going but the only thing I'm waiting on is if I'm driving one of my friends, or if my other friend is coming and driving himself the 3 of us. My sports car holds 2 people and if he comes he'll drive 3 of us, that's why we're waiting to see what he does.

I'm in there, just want to know the best way of going about it. Thanks.

RapZiLLa54

Quick question. To enter and compete, do I have to register in advance or can I show up at noon to put my name in the touney?

I'm going but the only thing I'm waiting on is if I'm driving one of my friends, or if my other friend is coming and driving himself the 3 of us. My sports car holds 2 people and if he comes he'll drive 3 of us, that's why we're waiting to see what he does.

I'm in there, just want to know the best way of going about it. Thanks.
You can register at the door!

RapZiLLa54

Sweet! How much would this cost?
Music to my ears!

So what would be a good time to get there? I'll most likely only be playing MKX as I've already begun retiring my Raven.
Venue at the door is $25 as opposed to $20 pre-reg online. Each game is $10 bucks to enter.

An hour before your game time is much appreciated but the earlier you get there the more casuals you can get in as they will be available starting at 11am.:cool:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Venue at the door is $25 as opposed to $20 pre-reg online. Each game is $10 bucks to enter.

An hour before your game time is much appreciated but the earlier you get there the more casuals you can get in as they will be available starting at 11am.:cool:
In this case, I'll come around noon/1 so I can get some all day gaming and watching on, and to meet some of the members I'm always taking to and playing against online in person. It's been long enough!

Should be hella fun. I'm in there!