What's new

Maximillian discusses the reveal of Kano for Mortal Kombat X + Kitana News

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
With Kano's reveal having been prematurely confirmed all the way from Germany, Maximillian takes to the YouTube community to impart his thoughts on the return of the man with an infamous reputation for ripping out the hearts of his victims. Near the end of the clip, Max brings up a response made by Ed Boon to the fans commiserating over the deaths of their favorite characters in the previous title, Mortal Kombat 9. The nature of the response suggests the return of characters that were "killed" in the new storyline...could this possibly hint to the return of, say, Kitana?! While you think about that, give this clip a watch!

Attachments

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
"Kano's still rocking all the robotics that we know and remember from games prior; robot arms".

No Max, not at all, never actually.

Seriously though, why did you front page a video of him just parroting back what he more than likely saw from this very site?

I usually never complain about what you guys front page, but this seems kind of redundant and unneeded, and I actually watch and enjoy most of Max's content.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
"Kano's still rocking all the robotics that we know and remember from games prior; robot arms".

Seriously though, why did you front page a video of him just parroting back what he more than likely saw from this very site?

I usually never complain about what you guys front page, but this seems kind of redundant and unneeded, and I actually watch and enjoy most of Max's content.
Many people come solely to TYM for their information on all things related to Mortal Kombat, so this would be news to them and something they would likely want to see.

Hell, I follow Ed Boon's twitter because I have a problem and need to know if anything new happens every day from him until MKX comes out, and nothing new was revealed in this video from Max to me, but I still watched it and I still appreciate the front page.

#runonsentences.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
I wonder why he didn't show the stage in MK2 where Kano and Sonya are tied up. To busy playing that KI :p heh

P3irce

Noob

Regardless of max's unfamiliarity with the mk series history he is an influential member of the fgc scene, it's people like him who are gonna bring In new people into the NRS community. I love seeing someone like him trying to support our community.

trufenix

bye felicia
Regardless of max's unfamiliarity with the mk series history he is an influential member of the fgc scene, it's people like him who are gonna bring In new people into the NRS community. I love seeing someone like him trying to support our community.
Its precisely for that reason that he needs to be careful what he does or doesn't say in his videos. Max has good intentions but he does almost just as much harm as he does good because he treats games he knows dick about with the same fervor he does the ones he does, so people take it just as serious.

If a nobody puts up a video mislabeling something as LEAKED or CONFIRMED or DLC ONLY or BROKEN or MISSING FROM PREVIOUS GAME or HACKED or something, its easily dismissed and forgotten. When a guy with links on the front page of all the major FGC websites does it, its a problem.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Many people come solely to TYM for their information on all things related to Mortal Kombat, so this would be news to them and something they would likely want to see.

Hell, I follow Ed Boon's twitter because I have a problem and need to know if anything new happens every day from him until MKX comes out, and nothing new was revealed in this video from Max to me, but I still watched it and I still appreciate the front page.

#runonsentences.
Excuse me, check the newsfeed going back from this update, what he has said has already been reported on here.

This video is stating things that have been known and discussed in this place and others for days, things that he probably got from here himself.

The twitter thing isn't news.

Boon constantly tweets "hints" of varying legitimacy about different characters, it's not news.

He just tweeted about Sektor and Cyrax, that isn't front paged, and it shouldn't be.

Basically this right here is them front paging something they just front paged a couple of days ago but in video form by someone with not the best grasp on the actual subject matter, then "+" on news that isn't really news.

I don't mean to be a negative Nancy, but I don't see the point of this.

Last edited:

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I love Max but he doesn't know shit about MK. He mentions everything about Kano that is "part of his look from past games" like "robot parts and robot arms" (which he NEVER had), but doesn't mention the only thing that truly tells us these images are indeed Kano - his red laser eye.

Come on, Max. If you want to get hits on your MK videos from actual MK fans, learn a bit about the game. I love the fact that he's getting into MKX, but it's cringeworthy watching him talk about what he thinks will be in MKX when he never even played MK9.

Excuse me, check the newsfeed going back from this update, what he has said has already been reported on here.

This video is stating things that have been known and discussed in this place and others for days, things that he probably got from here himself.

The twitter thing isn't news.

Boon constantly tweets "hints" of varying legitimacy about different characters, it's not news.

He just tweeted about Sektor and Cyrax, that isn't front paged, and it shouldn't be.

Basically this right here is them front paging something they just front paged a couple of days ago but in video form by someone with not the best grasp on the actual subject matter, then "+" on news that isn't really news.

I don't mean to be a negative Nancy, but I don't see the point of this.
The point of this video isn't necessarily for us ,but for the people who view his videos. This video will most definitely bring more interest for MKX . Who knows maybe one of those people watching that video become interested enough to play MKX competively.? Do you really think that everyone who watches his videos comes to tym ,or that everyone interested in MK in general comes to TYM? I absolutely love that Max is making these video ,because as I already stated it's going to get more interest in MKX from his viewers. I think that if he is using TYM as a source of information that's great ,because it would mean he considers this website a viable source for information on MKX.

Skellington

Banned
It's very cheesy but Max's videos will get front-paged until MKX comes out. Normally I don't criticize the front-page like other people but I will speak up about this. INB4 people saying "for the community" "etc"

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
@Pterodactyl @Skellington: Relax. This is the center for Mortal Kombat news, this is the NRS community. Just like those who tune in to Smash Brother's news, or Street Fighter, we're fanatics. MKX has literally broken the hype meter for a high volume of people including for those who run this site. This means that new information or information being repeated by other major sources of information, like Maximillian, will get a light shone unto it until something of new-substance comes from NRS at GamesCom.

Then post-GamesCom, it'll happen all over again, until eventually MKX is in our hands and then you'll get front pages about new combos, swag combos, glitches, pro-gamers and their opinions and thoughts, etc., etc.

This is kind of like you complaining to the BBC that they're running an article on something you already read on MSNBC. Information gets cycled through all major channels, including this one, even if it's already been released elsewhere.

Max is a huge face in the FGC. I don't recommend alienating him because he's somewhat ignorant in the game you love. The fact of the matter is his channel gets thousands of views and the more advertisement for NRS games the better it is for all of us. The Pros outweigh the Cons in this. It's not like this front page post is causing some ground breaking news to be missed.

You guys need to look at the big picture.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I agree with Max here, Kano is "meh" news...he's in there for iconic reasons and because he was one of the few who survived MK 9...still, Ermac is far more demanded and he better get in there. Now seeing Kitana and Sektor/Cyrax hints, I mean they're cool but so is Ermac. If they get in he better fucking get in there...

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I'm not certain how I feel about Maximillian anymore. With capcom on a dry spell the guy's main line of content is drying up with it. Now he's parroting a lot of stuff and in some cases outright showing or stating things that are pretty off base that have angered some folks...Smash community was really ticked the way he tried to give an expert opinion on the new Smash when he didn't even know how to play given how bad he performed in Project M.

He's an expert at Capcom and KI as those were his obsessions growing up, but as far as other fighters are concerned he's just out of the loop and parroting and has several times hurt his rep IMO in doing so. And his general attitude over anime-fighters is pretty baseless given how GOOD games like Blaz Blue, TvC, and KoF are. If it has anime ...Max will outright ignore it. He scraped TvC when Wii online was going out because of its history as a versus title really...he showed no real damns for the game.

I feel for him though...this job is his channel and he's reduced to turning into a clickbait youtube channel to stay afloat since his main stream of content material fell out of style. Honestly if he just stopped letting his buddy talk from yo!videogames it'd help his rep a lot. Max is a strong fundamental player and fairly level headed, but his pal Matt is a loudmouthed uninformed know it all with little skill above casual in any title who pervs and acts like a jerk a lot on camera. Its pretty off-putting.

Like I said..I got mixed feelings with Max. Respect his work ethic and the reasoning behind all his clickbaiting and parroting, but simultaneously feel disgusted in how easily he is just completely wrong on his channel as he tries to cover things out of his element while trying to sound like "the source of knowledge" to the fans.

He should just host/stream a weekly event at this point and schedule to showcase various retro events rather than try to have "daily content". Quality content over quantity of content Max is what brought you to the forefront...you should go back to that.

I never pay attention to this Max guy so when I saw the video being front-paged, I just realized TYM must have a very slow news day. So much misinformation from this guy and to think that casual fans are viewing it and becoming more aware of the game's legacy, only leads them to more lies.

I never pay attention to this Max guy so when I saw the video being front-paged, I just realized TYM must have a very slow news day. So much misinformation from this guy and to think that casual fans are viewing it and becoming more aware of the game's legacy, only leads them to more lies.
The more people playing this game the better.