What's new

Video/Tutorial - Raiden Maximillian discusses Raiden's reveal in detail.

Decay

King of the Bill
Famous gamer/Youtuber Maximillian gives us a very in-depth analysis of the MK:X reveal trailer Raiden got during EVO 2014. At some points in the video, Max puts it in slow motion to see exactly what's happening during some of Raiden's combos performed in his Displacer variation, and he makes note of the graphical upgrade from Mortal Kombat 9, the previous entry in the MK series, to the new one coming next year. Video below!

Do you think Max did a good job covering what was revealed? Did he point anything new out that you haven't seen yet? Or is this just fodder for the casuals who know nothing of MK?

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't get anything new from Max's video compared to what I saw from the original trailer. I do appreciate that Max is giving coverage for MKX. Getting people hyped about MK is always good for the community :)
yup its not bad but nothing compared to what tym analyzed out of that video. still a help for the community and MKX exposure, its appreciated.

Decay

King of the Bill
Honestly, my favorite part was him talking about the animation and visual upgrade from mk9. There's a lot of haters right now who say, "looks the same as the old last gen version". Are you freakin blind? The animations on the dashes and the combo strings look so buttery and realistic, and the particle effects are next gen. Even the overall stage lighting looks better than injustice does.

Honestly, my favorite part was him talking about the animation and visual upgrade from mk9. There's a lot of haters right now who say, "looks the same as the old last gen version". Are you freakin blind? The animations on the dashes and the combo strings look so buttery and realistic, and the particle effects are next gen. Even the overall stage lighting looks better than injustice does.
i cant really judge, i dont think the YouTube videos do it justice. gotta see it in in 1080p directly from console, im sure it looks really awesome, just like injustice did when i saw it "in reality" the first time. about the animations, tbh at first i thought they were a step back, first time i saw it i was like "is this MK deception?" (like those d'vorah kick combos) but now i got used to it. theres one more thing i dont like and that is the blurry effect on characters in some situations, i dont know if its in the game or just comes from bad video quality. it happens when they do something really fast like run/dash or jump off interactable.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
What i got from this video was

Maximilian: "OMG Displacer raiden is awesome."

And few more stuffs, but he did explained well overall character design

Decay

King of the Bill
i cant really judge, i dont think the YouTube videos do it justice. gotta see it in in 1080p directly from console, im sure it looks really awesome, just like injustice did when i saw it "in reality" the first time. about the animations, tbh at first i thought they were a step back, first time i saw it i was like "is this MK deception?" (like those d'vorah kick combos) but now i got used to it. theres one more thing i dont like and that is the blurry effect on characters in some situations, i dont know if its in the game or just comes from bad video quality. it happens when they do something really fast like run/dash or jump off interactable.
The blur is probably some advanced frame blending shit in the new technology. I see it a lot in modern games and it does tend to look weird. But yeah I can't wait to see it run in person!
@Decay II

Thanks for sharing this!
Of course! Thunder take you

What i got from this video was

Maximilian: "OMG Displacer raiden is awesome."

And few more stuffs, but he did explained well overall character design
Yeah like I said in the post, noting really new but it was cool to hear his view on it and get the hype train a rollin'

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
I kinda understand what you mean. When I first saw the animation it kinda look like something from Robot chicken to me. But I got use to it. Plus this could just be a beta version and I figure it wasn't finish.

But the Graphics are def next gen. I watched Aris video and when I seen the vids of MK9 than MKX, Mk9 def look outdated.

Decay

King of the Bill
I kinda understand what you mean. When I first saw the animation it kinda look like something from Robot chicken to me. But I got use to it. Plus this could just be a beta version and I figure it wasn't finish.

But the Graphics are def next gen. I watched Aris video and when I seen the vids of MK9 than MKX, Mk9 def look outdated.
Pop mk9 in now and compare to injustice even, it looks dated. The x rays and stuff look really basic but when it first came out I was shitting my pants lol

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Bug woman has some stupid looking kick attacks.

Outside of that, the animations are leagues above MK9, no idea what you guys are talking about.
Everyone in MK9 looks so stiff and awkward.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
I really hope the variations aren't just separating out the things that makes the characters good. To me Raiden needs his superman, teleport, and projectile to be Raiden, so I'm hoping that all 3 versions have those things, and then he expands upon them in the variations. Aris pointed this out in his video too, and Max actually shows in his video that Raiden does teleport in the non teleport variation part of the video. This is a good sign :)

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I really hope the variations aren't just separating out the things that makes the characters good. To me Raiden needs his superman, teleport, and projectile to be Raiden, so I'm hoping that all 3 versions have those things, and then he expands upon them in the variations. Aris pointed this out in his video too, and Max actually shows in his video that Raiden does teleport in the non teleport variation part of the video. This is a good sign :)
He can only teleport in displacer, the teleport he did in the other variation was just a canned string, he teleports right into the attack animation.

Raidens teleport is way too powerful to be in all 3 variations.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
He can only teleport in displacer, the teleport he did in the other variation was just a canned string, he teleports right into the attack animation.

Raidens teleport is way too powerful to be in all 3 variations.
He could stil have a teleport in all 3 variations but just not as powerful as Displacer.

coolwhip

Noob
Why do people think that every front page article on TYM should contain some revolutionary information? And seriously, what did you really expect him to say that you couldn't tell by yourself watching the trailer? "Nothing really new"? Well no shit, because he just watched a trailer of a game that will be released next year like the rest of us.

It's cool that Max is discussing MKX. He's charismatic and is quickly garnering some popularity. Nothing wrong with this being on the front page.

Decay

King of the Bill
Why do people think that every front page article on TYM should contain some revolutionary information? And seriously, what did you really expect him to say that you couldn't tell by yourself watching the trailer? "Nothing really new"? Well no shit, because he just watched a trailer of a game that will be released next year like the rest of us.

It's cool that Max is discussing MKX. He's charismatic and is quickly garnering some popularity. Nothing wrong with this being on the front page.
Exactly. At this point there mostly just speculation but whenever someone influential like max takes time to edit a nice video about mkx or injustice, it's worth watching!

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
i dont like and that is the blurry effect on characters in some situations, i dont know if its in the game or just comes from bad video quality. it happens when they do something really fast like run/dash or jump off interactable.
that looks like is agressor, multiple shadows of the character performing a move, mk trilogy had it, it seems they found a way to implement into propel attacks for MKX, i didn't talked about earlier, but i did spotted on some other videos as well, like scorpion vs Sub-Zero. I want to know more, but if is there just to diference from regular jumps then i'm okay with it

E

Eldriken

See the thing about Max is that he just has a charisma about him during the video's that make you want to stay tuned for the next one.

Sure he wasn't nearly as detailed as my @Eddy Wang, but he also brought up good points to get the casual player interested. Or maybe someone from another game will go.... dang i like that.
That's what I love about Max. Just listening to him when he's going over a reveal or talking while he's playing matches keeps me watching. He's got an AMAZING personality the suits what he loves to do very well.

He probably has more options to teleport. Like how Scorpion has a teleport but has more options.