What's new

Maximilian's Hand-On w/ Mortal Kombat X Parts 1&2

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
While at E3, the famous fighting game YouTube personality, Maximilian not only put together an impressions video for Mortal Kombat X - he was also able to get his hands on the game for a solid 2 hours. In these videos, he explains what he liked about the game and also some of his gripes. He explains that the game feels like a mixture of Injustice and Mortal Kombat 9. He mentions that the character variations offer a lot in regards to play-styles as well as combos and taking in to account the new "agility" meter, things can get very crazy in the combo world. He was apparently shown a few running combos with Scorpion and Sub-Zero where he says it looked amazing.

Max is clearly very excited for this game. He admits he told the team at E3 that if the game plays well online, it's all he's going to be playing. He mentions that the team said they are aware of previous concerns, however, with next-gen technology perhaps there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Source: Miles923

Attachments

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I love Max, but really Aris/RIP had a better description of Mkx because they had tons more experience with Mk9.

He doesn't mention the effect the run and stamina features will have, the new ExThrow option that leaves the opponent standing, that grabs could grab midair, that wakeups are only invulnurable if you Ex them, that backdashes are invincible now, and that breakers take two Exbars and FULL staminia bar.

It's GREAT that Max is going to be covering the game from now on and that he's excited for it, but I'd take what he says on these videos with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
He gave the game a great review! For some reason I wasn't expecting this.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I love Max but shit he doesn't know what he's talking about when it comes to NRS games. He hasn't even played MK9 and his experience with Injustice is pre-patch only.

Even when he talks about Smash Bros you can see in the comments that his viewers call him out on misinformation that he gives out.

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
So combo string enders (not supers) change from one character variation to the next? This could be VERY interesting.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
"...it has some few things that i can gripe about, the way some of the moves are, like very long normals that take like 10 to 12 frames like light attacks that take that long seem to be there, there is a little bit of delay in the like overall tight responsiveness..."

Oh no, this is the biggest issue I have with Mk9, and the only thing I'm worry about, but there is hope they'll fix it.

Decay

King of the Bill
Max gets super hype and its because of his love for fighting games. You gotta respect that, plus he is smart and pretty well spoken. I think it's always a good thing to have him on board the hype train so for NRS it's great. I could care less if he doesn't mention ex throws and stuff when other people covered that already, I just want him to work his magic and get tons of people wanting mkx

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Everyone calm down about the fact that Max didn't play MK9. Who cares? Max is a nice guy with a HUGE passion for fighting games. He is singing this game's praises right now. Any support we can get for NRS games is a good support. You guys complaining can stream your own channel and see how many people you will reach. Max has a massive fanbase.

Anyway, aside from all that....he said something very interesting. In the Aris/Rip video I posted, Rip stated run is initiated by double tapping forward and hitting block, which to me sounded dangerous as I could picture myself running when I am really trying to block while advancing toward the opponent. In this video, however, Max states you run by double tapping foward and hitting the METER BURN button. This makes a lot more sense to me, honestly. Can anyone confirm what the true input is for running?

Doctor Future

Baraka Lives!
If only there was different x-rays for the 3 different character variations, and they used someone unique to that variation for that x-ray.

Or at least you choose between a few before the match , a la SF.

Doctor Future

Baraka Lives!
Everyone calm down about the fact that Max didn't play MK9. Who cares? Max is a nice guy with a HUGE passion for fighting games. He is singing this game's praises right now. Any support we can get for NRS games is a good support. You guys complaining can stream your own channel and see how many people you will reach. Max has a massive fanbase.

Anyway, aside from all that....he said something very interesting. In the Aris/Rip video I posted, Rip stated run is initiated by double tapping forward and hitting block, which to me sounded dangerous as I could picture myself running when I am really trying to block while advancing toward the opponent. In this video, however, Max states you run by double tapping foward and hitting the METER BURN button. This makes a lot more sense to me, honestly. Can anyone confirm what the true input is for running?
Max sounded unsure when he said MB after dashing forward.

However, the developers should just make it dash forward then hold forward.

Why is that so hard?

I believe that when playing online, ff block can get tricky due to input delay.

We'll see.

trufenix

bye felicia
Max didn't even support MK9 lol. How is he credible?
Max is an online warrior. He tries at least everything and if the online is good, he sticks around. He was a tournament player for a long time, knows a ton of people in the SoCal scene and is on good terms with a bunch of developers. How is he not credible?

Who cares? Jesus Christ. He's supporting this game and that's all that should matter right now.

Sure, he may not be as knowledgeable about NRS games as he could be, but I'm sure that will change with how excited he seems to be for MKX.
I care! He didn't support MK now he wants to hop on the bandwagon.

Can we get Tom Brady's thoughts, or someone that matters in our community?

trufenix

bye felicia
Max sounded unsure when he said MB after dashing forward.

However, the developers should just make it dash forward then hold forward.

Why is that so hard?

I believe that when playing online, ff block can get tricky due to input delay.

We'll see.
Dash and get punished, you still have a breaker (full stamina). Run and get punished (even a momentary drain from the accidental run), you get no breaker. Also, what nobody seems to be mentioning is that you can run from standing by holding block and tapping forward, which is probably how most people will be doing it in the end.

Max is an online warrior. He tries at least everything and if the online is good, he sticks around. He was a tournament player for a long time, knows a ton of people in the SoCal scene and is on good terms with a bunch of developers. How is he not credible?
I know who he is, but how is he credible to the MK scene? Furthermore, how is anything you just wrote relevant to MK?

Facts are facts.....He didn't support MK bro.