What's new

Maximilian Thinks the Xbox Version of MKX Will Get a KI Guest Character

E

Eldriken

So, at around the 5:00 minute mark, Max starts talking about how he strongly feels that MKX on the Xbox (both versions?) will get a KI character as their dedicated guest character.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
E

Eldriken

Well, you all lost I'm maining Sabrewulf.
He thinks it will be either Fulgore or Riptor because he doesn't feel that the other characters would fit into a game where they can get dismembered and the likes.

But if Sabrewulf made it into the game, I could definitely see him being a very brutal character.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
He's right in that they would fit better than the fighters of any other franchise because of the whole level of violence thing, but I still don't think it will/should happen.

It's certainly a possibility I guess as I think it's MS who get to decide who uses the characters from KI, so if they really wanted to promote it they could, but I don't see why NRS would agree to promote a competitor's game?

Whole thing has a really weird taste to it IMO, and I kinda hate the fact that "console exclusive" characters are in, they are a waste of space, developer time etc. unless they are eventually released for the other platform yoda/vader style.

EiroHRT

A Widow's Bite
I'm not particularly fond of console exclusives, but I'll make an exception for Killer Instinct's case (if it were to happen, of course). ^u^

He mentioned Lara Croft, saying because the next Tomb Raider is possibly an Xbox exclusive, that she could possibly be the Xbox-version exclusive character of MKX.

Then he dismissed it because they would never let Lara Croft be brutally decapitated, cut into pieces, etc....

So it is confirmed Max has never played the new Tomb Raider:

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I'd much rather see a KI character than something stupid like Freddy again.

I also don't see how some people don't think they'd fit in. Killer Instinct was originally developed by Midway, so it would make all the sense in the world to have a KI character in MKX. I could definitely see Fulgore being the XBOX exclusive.

Having said that, I don't see it happening. I have little faith in guest characters. I'm sure it will be something non-fighting game related to try to draw in a separate crowd of people a la Kratos/Freddy.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Well, you all lost I'm maining Sabrewulf.
Your loss, version-exclusive characters are prohibited in the competitive scene. :DOGE

I'd much rather see a KI character than something stupid like Freddy again.

I also don't see how some people don't think they'd fit in. Killer Instinct was originally developed by Midway, so it would make all the sense in the world to have a KI character in MKX. I could definitely see Fulgore being the XBOX exclusive.

Having said that, I don't see it happening. I have little faith in guest characters. I'm sure it will be something non-fighting game related to try to draw in a separate crowd of people a la Kratos/Freddy.
The arcade cabinets were distributed by Midway, other than that, there's no other correlation.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Max is cool and all but he needs to stop riding the KI dick so much. Its getting harded and harded to not think that he works for them with all the KI propaganda he continues to spew. Every other fighting game video he literally mentions KI in one way or another. I hope this game does X like KI, I hope they do the that like KI. We get it dood you stopped doing every other fighting because KI is giving you amazing head. Its getting old though

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
He mentioned Lara Croft, saying because the next Tomb Raider is possibly an Xbox exclusive, that she could possibly be the Xbox-version exclusive character of MKX.

Then he dismissed it because they would never let Lara Croft be brutally decapitated, cut into pieces, etc....

So it is confirmed Max has never played the new Tomb Raider:
Love Max and all and its great that he's promoting MkX so much, but he spreads alot of misinformation on his videos about games he isn't to familiar with.

In the Kano breakdown video he made he told everyone Kano had died in MkX. Now he says Sony wouldn't want to see Tomb Raider get decapitated.

Hundreds who don't know any better and just watch his videos just think its true now.

Also think Marcus Phoenix from Gears of War still has a shot too.

Vagrant

Noob
I was thinking this too actually.

If there was ever any fighting game that could mesh with MK. It's KI. Which is an XB1 exclusive.

Ultimately it won't matter since all of the exclusives will be banned in tourney anyway.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Max is cool and all but he needs to stop riding the KI dick so much. Its getting harded and harded to not think that he works for them with all the KI propaganda he continues to spew. Every other fighting game video he literally mentions KI in one way or another. I hope this game does X like KI, I hope they do the that like KI. We get it dood you stopped doing every other fighting because KI is giving you amazing head. Its getting old though
.......... wow