What's new

Match ups?

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I'm curious...in MK9, say I was playing Ermac vs Scorpion, we could say the match up was 4-6 in Ermac's favor (Im guessing I dunno but that's not the point)

In MKX, since there are 3 variations for each character, does that mean that we will have 1 variation of a character, vs all other character's variation? Something like:
Ermac Spectral - Scorpion's Ninjutsu (5-5)
Ermac Spectral - Scorpion's Hellfire (6-4)
Ermac Spectral - Scorpion's Inferno (4-6)
Ermac Master of souls - Scorpion's Ninjutsu (6-4)

I'm guessing it has to be that way since some variations really turn things around for some characters. If so, it's gonna be one hell of a long list.

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
Technically, but no one's gonna follow that. It'll be ermac v scorpion 3-7 if inferno, 5-5 if spectral or something. I'd assume

I'm curious...in MK9, say I was playing Ermac vs Scorpion, we could say the match up was 4-6 in Ermac's favor (Im guessing I dunno but that's not the point)

In MKX, since there are 3 variations for each character, does that mean that we will have 1 variation of a character, vs all other character's variation? Something like:
Ermac Spectral - Scorpion's Ninjutsu (5-5)
Ermac Spectral - Scorpion's Hellfire (6-4)
Ermac Spectral - Scorpion's Inferno (4-6)
Ermac Master of souls - Scorpion's Ninjutsu (6-4)

I'm guessing it has to be that way since some variations really turn things around for some characters. If so, it's gonna be one hell of a long list.
yes. 9 matchup numbers between each two characters

E

Eldriken

Speaking of MU charts, I'm willing to bet we'll get at least 1 MU chart within the first 24 hours of the game being out.

If that happens, hopefully whoever it is (if they're being serious, btw), gets laughed off the face of the Earth. >_>

SLy

Noob
My experience with reading matchup charts on here is that many people on TYM dont come to understand... They just come to respond.
Mix that with about 72 Matchups PER Character. Its gonna be another hectic time. Hope you're all ready for it.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
This game will have 500+ Mus, just watch
Actually 72x72 = 5,184. So minus the 72 mirrors, that's 5,112 matchups. Say they add even 4 DLC characters, then it jumps to 6,972 (not including mirrors).

I think NRS is trying to make matchup charts obsolete...

[edit] Oops, I'm an idiot. It would be more like 2,592 match-ups. The previous number considered something like "Kano vs Takeda" different than "Takeda vs Kano". Still not too shabby!

Last edited:

SLy

Noob
Actually 72x72 = 5,184. So minus the 72 mirrors, that's 5,112 matchups. Say they add even 4 DLC characters, then it jumps to 6,972 (not including mirrors).

This.
I think the only ones that will make the list are the ones being used in tournament. No way in hell someone will have time for that lol.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
This.
I think the only ones that will make the list are the ones being used in tournament. No way in hell someone will have time for that lol.
I agree. There will probably be a "Best MU's" and "Worst MU's" and everything else is a "Fuck It; 5/5 MU's"

Well just use the best character in the game with 0 loosing MUs. Then you never have to worry about. :DOGE

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Oh yes... You can up play and down play the same character... Oh the threads that will be had...
I can already see it now. Especially early in the game's life.

"Wow this Mystic Ermac is so broken!!! I can't even move. Why can he combo for 40%+ with lift meterless?!?? When I finally move in and don't get telepushed his teleport is so fast! He needs to be NERFED!"

"Wow this Spectral Ermac is garbage!! Why would anyone use this crappy variation over the other two. All he does is fly and then get hit out the air for 40%. He's like a lame duck just floating around for no reason. What a waste. At least let him do more. BUFF!"

Remember this day that I predicted the future. You know it's coming. You know.

"Wow this Mystic Ermac is so broken!!! I can't even move. Why can he combo for 40%+ with lift meterless?!?? When I finally move in and don't get telepushed his teleport is so fast! He needs to be NERFED!"

"Wow this Spectral Ermac is garbage!! Why would anyone use this crappy variation over the other two. All he does is fly and then get hit out the air for 40%. He's like a lame duck just floating around for no reason. What a waste. At least let him do more. BUFF!"

#BerfErmac2K15 :DOGE

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...

Yep.. The people trying to stealth buff one variation by saying that another one is worthless without a buff that can only be universal...
God the potential fuckery is enormous... I hope NRS will be diligent with this games balance...