What's new

Breakthrough Martian Manhunter 1.06 changes

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
· The Downward Phase Assault now can now hit opponents who are higher in the air.
· The Light to the Light (Back+ Light, Hard) combo no longer results in a hard knockdown.
· Martian Manhunter now has less Frame Advantage after performing a Forward Throw.
· Martian Manhunter is now properly pushed out of the corner when performing throws.

Discuss.

jaym7018

Noob
Hes gonna be a top 3 character now. I cant believe they buffed that teleport. Both my characters mmh and batgirl pretty much escaped unscathed. Black Adam being killed is also gonna make martians life so much easier.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Light to Light no longer being a hard knock down doesn't bother me, it was only really good in the corner with the standing 3 cross up tech. Mid screen, it's better to go for orb setups.

Zero-Shift

B-List Hero
B1,3 not being a hard knockdown was probably to address that really dirty ambiguous teleport set-up and I think a lot of us thought that was pretty silly to begin with. After seeing how Dive Kick was changed when BA got pummeled with a nerf bat I'm honestly surprised they didn't make overhead more teleport more negative on block.

Other than that he seems basically untouched. Teleport buff doesn't seem like such a big deal to me. Just means jumping may no longer be a viable means to evade it and even before the patch I never thought it was a good option anyway since you're making a guess that it wasn't the tele-uppercut.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
lol I'm so surprised his teleport actually got buffed instead of nerfed....I'll take it, but I really feel like it should have lost the pushback on block so everyone can at least pressure after it's block and some could punish.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
lol I'm so surprised his teleport actually got buffed instead of nerfed....I'll take it, but I really feel like it should have lost the pushback on block so everyone can at least pressure after it's block and some could punish.
i feel its similar to doomsday where if u read him doing it MB b3 other wise just block it , i aint complainin :)

LaR

Noob
So it looks I was the only who abused b13 while it lasted and im not talking about the crossup tele or corner setup. It seems MMH players really don't know what they just missed out on. Guess we will just have to end are combos in 22 charge now.

As for the other changes the throw nerf was another good change because before you were able to check people with a pillar after a forward throw. The teleport buff was a surprise but it just goes to to show you that NRS don't just listen to the tym cry babies.

DarKNaTaS

Retired!
So it looks I was the only who abused b13 while it lasted and im not talking about the crossup tele or corner setup. It seems MMH players really don't know what they just missed out on. Guess we will just have to end are combos in 22 charge now.

As for the other changes the throw nerf was another good change because before you were able to check people with a pillar after a forward throw. The teleport buff was a surprise but it just goes to to show you that NRS don't just listen to the tym cry babies.
I too used b13 to end alot of my combos for the teleport setup. Im pretty upset that they took that away so now its time to find some new shit to use.

LaR

Noob
I too used b13 to end alot of my combos for the teleport setup. Im pretty upset that they took that away so now its time to find some new shit to use.
He actually had better setups then the cross up teleport one so this was actullay a really big nerf most people think the nerf only stopped that oh tele setup but he had a lot more dirt than that.

DarKNaTaS

Retired!
He actually had better setups then the cross up teleport one so this was actullay a really big nerf most people think the nerf only stopped that oh tele setup but he had a lot more dirt than that.
well people need to share some dirt man lol

LaR

Noob
well people need to share some dirt man lol
Well its nefred now so it doesn’t matter lol. What I use to do after the b13 ko was dash forward do a jump in 1 which they had to wake up out of and it was a safe jump against the majority of the cast and if they didn’t wake up the j1 had enough advantage to go for a 50/50.
Then you could mix that up by faking the jump j1 into an air dash which would cross up and make alot of wake ups wiff or instead you could cancel the jump into the overhead tele to punish wake ups that the air dash didnt punish.