What's new

March 2012 USA PS3 MK2 Tournament - COMPLETED

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
32 person draw sounds hard just because I think it would be tough to find a night everyone could all play. obviously there are easily 32 people who play MK2 lol but getting them all together is the challenge. I can spread the word about a tourney but can't vouch for everyone's reliability. I think if we did get a draw that big, then single elimination would be a good idea. otherwise double elimination is always nice- the best player always wins anyway, but everyone gets more play time.

I'm DEFINITELY for longer sets but that's coz I can't handle the pressure of best of 3! though I know I'm not the only who feels that way. best of 5 is the most fair, I think. ideally I'd like best of 9 but I understand the time constraints of a 1 night tournament.

please no random select, I have major issues with desyncing and that gets REALLY ugly in a tournament when people might suspect I'm lying about a desync just because I didn't like the matchup. it's bad enough when I'm playing for fun online and people hate mail me coz they don't understand we've desynced.

entry fee with prize money sounds awesome- but that might turn people off? or get more interest? who knows- could work both ways.

as much as I'm for a banned top tier tournament, I think you're right DCI, the way to get the most entrants is to allow all fighters. I'm not brave enough to handicap myself by not picking Mileena if everyone else can use top tier (though maybe I should just use Kitana already dammit lol). well anyway those are my thoughts :eek:

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Mike- change the battery in your smoke detector ;) love the commentary on the championship match. those last 2 matches...you normally play much better than that...you must have been nervous as hell coz that's not the Caldwell I know. but credit to Billy for taking it to you. his Lao especially is most impressive. I picked up some tips for how to deal w Kang in that matchup. ggs guys

DCIguy

How do you want us to handle the chat room? I don't have a PC and my cell sucks. I had problems getting on chat through my PS3. Anyway, did you want us to report the results of our matches there instead of somewhere in the tournament thread? I'm just trying to understand exactly how you want us to proceed in the future, that's all. Take care.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
DCIguy

How do you want us to handle the chat room? I don't have a PC and my cell sucks. I had problems getting on chat through my PS3. Anyway, did you want us to report the results of our matches there instead of somewhere in the tournament thread? I'm just trying to understand exactly how you want us to proceed in the future, that's all. Take care.
The idea is to have all conversation occurring in one area as opposed to having me scramble around to find everything. For now, if you can't connect to the chat, post your match results in the tournament thread itself rather than sending PSN messages. I may change my mind on this though and make chat 100% mandatory. Also a quick note about the chat... I've noticed that the only web browser that will run the TYM chat flawlessly is Google Chrome. For some reason, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc all have issues trying to load the room.