What's new

March 2012 USA PS3 MK2 Tournament - COMPLETED

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Date/Time: 4pm Pacific - Saturday, March 24th, 2012

CONGRATS TO THE WINNER - BILLY_BATS1427!
1st place receives a $25 gift card for use on MK apparel from J!NX.

Please note - this is a USA PS3 only tournament. Matches can be played either on MKAK or the original PSN MK2 release (aka OG MK2.)

Calling btbb99, MIKECALDWELL, mortal_jason, AREZ God of War, dookiebrain, gamemk, ZAQ, CUKO28, Kensidj, Gematria, ten-peace-show, Billy_Bats1427, Wario7414, Yungnicca. Spread the word to as many (non-banned) PS3 guys as you can. I don't care how good or bad you might be. All that matters is that you support the game.

RULES
  • All matches are best of 3 (first to 2.) You do not need to play all 3 games if one player has already accumulated 2 wins. Winner/Loser finals are best of 5. The championship match will be best of 7.
  • Double elimination
  • You, yourself, must post in this thread and declare your entry to the tournament. Do not message me through PM, AIM, PSN, or through someone else. By posting your intent to enter in this thread, it shows you are a TYM member and you will check the thread for updates rather than relying on us to tell you.
  • All entrants are responsible for checking this thread regularly for updates; including dates, times, and match assignments. We will not send out reminders to participants.
  • If connection breaks, then both players must restart the match with the same characters (prior round win is omitted). If the breaking connection is suspicious like breaking right before a victory then the player has a right to report it.
  • In the case of lag, keep trying. If after a few tries the connection is not good, please report back to this thread IMMEDIATELY and a new matchup may be made for you with another opponent.
  • You will have up to the 2nd match to quit on account of lag if it is really unplayable without being faulted (after the 2nd match is played you must continue the rest of your remaining matches even if lag begins to creep in.) You must notify your opponent you are quitting due to lag and must report this ASAP in this thread in order to get a new opponent. Otherwise, you may both be disqualified. Therefore it is best to play early in case you may need to swap opponents as there may be no available opponents left if all matchups have been played. This lag exception ONLY applies to first round matches. All subsequent rounds MUST be played regardless of lag.
  • If you have been previously banned from the Kombat Network, you are not permitted to enter the tournament.
DISQUALIFICATIONS
  • Failure to meet match deadlines, failing to post score results of a match, voluntarily quitting in the middle of a match or at any time in the tournament, any sort of suspicious activity (impersonation, ban evasion, etc), or anything else deemed inappropriate or unsportsmanlike is grounds for disqualification. TYM staff also reserves the right to disqualify a player with or without notice at any time.
  • If you trigger the Smoke battle, intentionally or not, you will be automatically disqualified.
  • If a player is DQ'ed then a reserve will be used. If there is no reserve, then the player will receive a bye. Byes only allowed in the first round. If a replacement player is needed in subsequent rounds, it will be determined from the previous rounds' highest scoring losing player. If there is a tie then the winner will get to pick.
One last thing: Video recordings are not required, but definitely appreciated!

BRACKET LINK
http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=424538

SIGNUPS (minimum of 8 players required)
1. MIKECALDWELL
2. john2kx
3. mortal_jason
4. AREZ God of War
5. Ththuvhul
6. Cuko28
7. Mikemetroid
8. Gematria (PSN - xl-Gematria-lx)
9. btbb99
10. Billy_Bats1427
11. BAAL (PSN - DEATHFACE3000)
12. K75Boi
13. JoeBlak1212

RESERVES
1. DCIguy

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Depending on the number of entries, I may or may not enter. Running a one night tournament is a lot different from running a week long one.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
I always work til 9:30 (CST) on Fridays. anyway the time can be extended? coz I'll def play if so. I could play as soon as I got home. also how do we know who is all banned? ;)

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I always work til 9:30 (CST) on Fridays. anyway the time can be extended? coz I'll def play if so. I could play as soon as I got home. also how do we know who is all banned? ;)
I can't push it back that far because it wouldn't be fair to the guys on the east coast. A one night tournament would go into the wee hours of the morning. Are you available on Saturday 3/24?

As far as who is banned, put it this way. If you have to ask, there's a 99.99% chance they are banned.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
I'm available Saturday 3/24 in the evening yes. thinking of changing the date? I'm in if so.

I haven't been on here long enough to know the banned list, but I have a few ideas hehe :eek:

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I'm available Saturday 3/24 in the evening yes. thinking of changing the date? I'm in if so.

I haven't been on here long enough to know the banned list, but I have a few ideas hehe :eek:
I'd like to have you in this thing, plus Saturday is more ideal for people anyway. I'll change the date to 3/24.

CUKO28

Noob
Wazaaaaaaaa!
Someone called? lol
Hells yea im down! I might record too :)

Off Topic: This Website has trophies? Thats awesome! I already got 3

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Wazaaaaaaaa!
Someone called? lol
Hells yea im down! I might record too :)

Off Topic: This Website has trophies? Thats awesome! I already got 3
Cuko's in? Score one for the old school! I'm going to try to get some more of the old school players from years ago to enter this thing.

sidenote: Why am I not surprised Cuko is going for the trophies here too, lol. I'll give you a 4th trophy and like your post.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Just got word that 1st place will receive a prize. More to come later today.