What's new

[Mar 23, 2012] MLG Winter Championship (MK9, SC V, KoF 13:) Columbus (Columbus, OH)

The name that is displayed is the MLG Username used to purchase the pass, so there is not a way to change your MLG Username.
Ok so will the MLG username be used for brackets or do we supply a handle when we arrive at the tournament? The only reason why I ask is becuase GGA is my sponsor and team name. Thanks

MLG Deimos

MLG Community Outreach Manager
Ok so will the MLG username be used for brackets or do we supply a handle when we arrive at the tournament? The only reason why I ask is becuase GGA is my sponsor and team name. Thanks
The name on the bracket will be the MLG Username since that's what you registered as.

Tim Static

Adminerator
MLG Deimos Tim Static what is the policy about recording either non-streamed tournament matches or non-tournament matches at MLG? I try to bring my camera and get some good matches that weren't streamed from each tournament. Is this allowed? Does it matter if I have ads or not on my youtube page? I looked through the rules but I couldn't find that addressed but maybe I just missed it.
Not sure about what happens on the game floor, but what happens in the hotel rooms............................thats on you. ;)

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
If were from Arizona and we can't register online will we still be guaranteed a spot? I heard bracket closes at 128 entrants, which could be troublesome for some of us.

Shady

Noob
Registered, set and ready. Time to get to labbing everything under the sun. Might be the first time I crack open the frame data in months.... Serious business moneys on the line.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
Interesting how Final Round had 120 something participants and MLG only has 52 listed so far. You'd think people would have jumped on this considering the cash. I mean getting paid a large sum to play MK? hell yea.

Interesting how Final Round had 120 something participants and MLG only has 52 listed so far. You'd think people would have jumped on this considering the cash. I mean getting paid a large sum to play MK? hell yea.
I agree. Maybe they all are going to register the day of.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Maybe they're all from Arizona and cant register online. Tournament is capped at 128 players, so frustrating. >_>

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I agree. Maybe they all are going to register the day of.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
That's the problem. You can't.

Registration will be locking on Tuesday. This is why people shouldn't be waiting if they are.

Don't forget to add the people that have multi-game passes as they don't show up on the MK only page. A notable person from those other lists is EG.Justin Wong... be sure to keep up on those too.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
Don't forget to add the people that have multi-game passes as they don't show up on the MK only page. A notable person from those other lists is EG.Justin Wong... be sure to keep up on those too.

I have been. We haven't even broken 60 players yet lol. We still have more participants than SCV and KOF though.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
That's the problem. You can't.

Registration will be locking on Tuesday. This is why people shouldn't be waiting if they are.
But the event schedule for Mortal Kombat 9 clearly says:

Friday
10:30 AM - 10:00 PM Check-In / Registration
Saturday
8:00 AM - 2:00 PM Check-In / Registration

@Sao87, why can players from AZ not register online? I think you guys should not worry about the cap. I mean, TYM and MKU aside, who else is registering for MK9?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends

Friday
Saturday

@Sao87, why can players from AZ not register online? I think you guys should not worry about the cap. I mean, TYM and MKU aside, who else is registering for MK9?
As far as I was aware, there's a lock.

totheark

Shazzy's Senpai
So the actual tournament is starting Saturday right?
Wouldn't want to miss school on Friday for nothing. ;)

MLG Deimos

MLG Community Outreach Manager

Friday
Saturday

Online Registration ends today at 11:59 PM ET.

If there are any additional passes left, they will be sold on a first come, first serve basis at the event during the registration hours (see schedule). Please note that the passes will be more money if you choose to purchase at the event, so make sure to purchase them online by tonight.

Players from Arizona can not purchase their competitor passes online due to State Laws.