What's new

[Mar 23, 2012] MLG Winter Championship (MK9, SC V, KoF 13:) Columbus (Columbus, OH)

I want to register but I want to register with Soul Calibur as well so yeah, hoping to get more info about this so that I can plan. This week would be nice since 3 weeks left before this event. More important to me is, Do we need to be there Friday?

NeoRussell

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
I bought my competitor pass, how will I redeem that, it didnt let me print anything, just made me agree to some stuff then said I was good. Oh also will I be able to use my ps3 pad without the battery in it? So it cant turn on while its not plugged in? Thank you.

Espio

Kokomo
Is there any news on how long the event for MK will be? If it's only a day long I can drive the three hour drive there and back as I don't have money for a hotel, but I have enough for a pass and other stuff. It's the closest tournament to my state, so if any info on how long the MK event will be would be appreciated, thanks:)

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Found this on their website..

Mortal Kombat 9 – Event Schedule

Friday
10:30 AM - 10:00 PM Check-In / Registration

Saturday
8:00 AM - 2:00 PM Check-In / Registration
1:00 PM - 3:30 PM Warm-Up
2:00 PM - 3:30 PM Check-In
3:30 PM - 4:30 PM Winners Round 1
4:30 PM - 5:00 PM Winners Round 2
5:00 PM - 5:30 PM Losers Round 1
5:30 PM - 6:00 PM Losers Round 2
6:00 PM - 6:30 PM Winners Round 3 / Losers Round 3
6:30 PM - 7:00 PM Losers Round 4
7:00 PM - 7:30 PM Winners Round 4 / Losers Round 5
7:30 PM - 8:00 PM Losers Round 6

Sunday
8:00 AM - 3:00 PM Warm-Up
3:00 PM - 3:30 PM Winners Round 5 / Losers Round 7
3:30 PM - 4:00 PM Losers Round 8
4:00 PM - 4:30 PM Winners Round 6 / Losers Round 9
4:30 PM - 5:00 PM Losers Round 10
5:00 PM - 5:30 PM Winners Finals / Losers Round 11
5:30 PM - 6:15 PM Losers Finals
6:15 PM - 7:00 PM Finals

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Found this on their website..

Mortal Kombat 9 – Event Schedule

Friday
10:30 AM - 10:00 PM Check-In / Registration
Saturday
8:00 AM - 2:00 PM Check-In / Registration
1:00 PM - 3:30 PM Warm-Up
2:00 PM - 3:30 PM Check-In
3:30 PM - 4:30 PM Winners Round 1
4:30 PM - 5:00 PM Winners Round 2
5:00 PM - 5:30 PM Losers Round 1
5:30 PM - 6:00 PM Losers Round 2
6:00 PM - 6:30 PM Winners Round 3 / Losers Round 3
6:30 PM - 7:00 PM Losers Round 4
7:00 PM - 7:30 PM Winners Round 4 / Losers Round 5
7:30 PM - 8:00 PM Losers Round 6
Sunday
8:00 AM - 3:00 PM Warm-Up
3:00 PM - 3:30 PM Winners Round 5 / Losers Round 7
3:30 PM - 4:00 PM Losers Round 8
4:00 PM - 4:30 PM Winners Round 6 / Losers Round 9
4:30 PM - 5:00 PM Losers Round 10
5:00 PM - 5:30 PM Winners Finals / Losers Round 11
5:30 PM - 6:15 PM Losers Finals
6:15 PM - 7:00 PM Finals
I'm so confused. How can their be winners and losers before anyone has even played? WTF???

Espio

Kokomo
Well that schedule rules me out, like I said earlier, good luck everyone!! I will be rooting for you all from home :D.

MLG Deimos

MLG Community Outreach Manager
I'm so confused. How can their be winners and losers before anyone has even played? WTF???
I'm not sure what you mean. Can you explain? The schedule is based on a double elimination bracket hence the Winners and Losers rounds. Information on seeding will be available under the "Competition Format" tab soon, which will answer your question on how you are seeded into the event.

MLG Deimos

I've updated the first post with information on all the Fighting Games (Mortal Kombat 9, Soul Calibur V, and King of Fighters XIII.)

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Everyone is in winners bracket until they lose. First round is winners 1. If you have a bye, your first match is winners 2. If you look at a double elimation bracket some of them have them labeled, I'm sure you could find one online.

Looks like its going to be one bracket instead of pools. Hope there is a TO familiar with the MK scene so one side of the bracket isn't incredibly stacked.

Also, tournament starting on Saturday is awesome.

I'm not sure what you mean. Can you explain? The schedule is based on a double elimination bracket hence the Winners and Losers rounds. Information on seeding will be available under the "Competition Format" tab soon, which will answer your question on how you are seeded into the event.
I guess that makes sense if you're considering players with a record of 0-0 to be in winners. That threw me when I first looked at the schedule but I think I get it now.

One question though. It looks like there will be 6 rounds of winners and 11 rounds of losers. It's not possible to know how many rounds there will be in the tournament without knowing how many people are in the tournament, so should I take this to mean that the number of entrants is capped? I didn't see anything about that in the first post.

MLG Deimos

I guess that makes sense if you're considering players with a record of 0-0 to be in winners. That threw me when I first looked at the schedule but I think I get it now.

One question though. It looks like there will be 6 rounds of winners and 11 rounds of losers. It's not possible to know how many rounds there will be in the tournament without knowing how many people are in the tournament, so should I take this to mean that the number of entrants is capped? I didn't see anything about that in the first post.
Yes, there is a cap which is why it's important to buy your player pass sooner rather than later. As for the schedule, all times are subject to change based upon the number of registered Players/Teams.

Yes, there is a cap which is why it's important to buy your player pass sooner rather than later. As for the schedule, all times are subject to change based upon the number of registered Players/Teams.
Thanks. I'd been holding off on buying a pass until I knew the schedule and format. Now that I know both and neither answer is stupid, I'll buy a pass today.