[Mar 10, 2012] EGP: Redemption - $350 Bonus (MK9/SC5) (Upland, Ca)

Discussion in 'Front Page News' started by Krayzie, Feb 20, 2012.

• by Krayzie, Feb 20, 2012 at 7:28 PM
  • Krayzie

Krayzie Safeties disabled. Krayzie mode engaged! Staff Member Administrator

With our last tournament having almost 60 entrants, players from as far as NorCal and Las Vegas and a nearly $700 cash pot, this event is not to be missed. The bonus pot is even bigger ($350) and I expect the bracket to be as well.

Las Vegas is coming down to defend their title, and SoCal is preparing to show them who's boss! I want to see NorCal and Phoenix come down as well and compete in this amazing EGP tournament. The evolution of EGP is only growing stronger, and we hope to give everyone yet another great event. This event will be streamed over at Twitch.Tv/EpicGP

[​IMG]

Time:
    5:00pm - Soul Calibur 5
    6:00pm - Mortal Kombat 9

Price: $5 venue fee, $10 cash pot per game
    Setup: Asus VH236H Monitors, PS3 Consoles
    Rules: Double Elimination, Bring Your Own Controller/Fighstick (we do have a couple house MadCatz TE Fighsticks if you need one). Wireless controllers are legal.

Payout:
    MK9: $350 BONUS CASH POT. Top 4 (60/25/10/5)
    SC5: Top 3 (70/20/10)

FREE NOS ENERGY DRINKS

Spectators/Casuals: Spectators are welcome. Casuals will be open (for a small fee that goes directly to the arcade) as soon as stations become available and are no longer needed for tournament. We will try to stay as late as possible for casuals. Bring an extra $1-$5.

Venue Note: James Games is clean, well lit, spacious and in a relatively nice area. Plenty of free parking directly behind the arcade and lots of places to eat in the immediate area. This arcade is pro FGC all the way. You will find almost every game in the Street Fighter line including the "New Challengers", Third Strike and of course AE. They also have the MvC, MvC2, X-Men vs Street Fighter, KOF XIII and many more.

Local Accommodations: http://tinyurl.com/6ryk6o8

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/EpicGP
    Site: http://www.EpicGamerProductions.com/
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/EpicGamerProductions
    Twitter: @EGP_Compton

Photos from previous event:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
  • Categories: Uncategorized

Comments

Discussion in 'Front Page News' started by Krayzie, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Krayzie
    Flawedzilla Mattman Derptile SubZeroMonster DCIguy

These are "West Coast Regionals." Lets show them all how strong our scene really is.

Also keep in mind, if you are listed in this thread, more than likely there are people coming down from your area. Ask around, carpool but get there! It will be worth it, trust me!

I'm going to try and see if I can get some video footage of this EGP. Its too good to miss out on.

Flawedzilla - Why are you the only LV guy on the member map? lol Get your people to get on it!
  2. Krayzie
    Marvaz - Do you have a NorCal team? We need to have a 5v5v5 lol
  3. Odoyle
    Marvaz you live in Nor Cal? I currently drive a big 350 Camaro (gets around 13 mpg) but I'm buying a new 40ish MPG car by April but unfortunately it would be to expensive for me to get down to this one. :( I have leveled up my Sub a lot compared to the last time anyone has seen me, and though he's not the greatest character in the game I still love playing him and am chomping at the bit to play some high level players. Once I get my new car I can make road trips no problem and plan on making anything out here in the West Coast.
  4. Derptile
    Do you guys play on PS3 or 360?
  5. MKillBill
    I'd love to come down, but it's too short notice for me. Thanks for letting me know though.
  6. EGP Wonder_Chef
    TenZeRo7 let this man on the mic!
    KamikazeJD and Krayzie like this.
  7. TenZeRo7

I'll see you guys on the stream then so you can see what you're missing. The next one is on April 7th. Hope you can make that one.
    Krayzie and Odoyle like this.
  8. Krayzie
    See if you can carpool with some of the other NorCal guys. If not, then check out the stream at Twitch.Tv/EpicGP

These are the best and biggest tournaments on the West Coast, not to mention some of the biggest prizes. Give us a holler on the stream, and hopefully we will see you at the next one.
    Odoyle likes this.
  9. Krayzie
    Tournaments are on PS3. But if you use a 360 controller, then we can easily get some converters, just let us know.

Ah, sorry about that. I just saw your name on the member map.

Definitely check us out at Twitch.Tv/EpicGP on Saturday so you can see all the hype. These are basically "EGP: West Coast Regionals." The best and biggest monthly MK tournaments on the West Coast. Definitely come by next month if you for sure cant make it to this one.
  10. Flawedzilla
    Wish you told me this, I play on 360 but just use a ps controller because that's what the tourney is held on. If you do have converters, that's good news for some of us, if not, then will just use PS :)
  11. EGP Wonder_Chef
    Ah, the converter offer isn't valid for Vegas players d=
    Flawedzilla likes this.
  12. Krayzie
    You can use an Atari Joystick. :)
    Flawedzilla likes this.
  13. Flawedzilla
    If I used the Atari controller, I would win EVO
    Krayzie likes this.
  14. Odoyle
    Looks like I will be going to this. Carpooling ftw. Are PS3 controllers still banned? Because that's all I have at the moment heh
    TenZeRo7 and Krayzie like this.
  15. Krayzie
    PS3 controllers are allowed.

Glad you're coming, you wont regret it, I promise you. In fact, you will want to return next month too!
    Odoyle likes this.
  16. EGP Wonder_Chef
    Unless you're from Vegas.

Anyway word on the street is that this shit is TOMORROW!
  17. Red Reaper
    Today Bro...
    Krayzie likes this.
  18. EGP Wonder_Chef
    Shut your dirty red mouth.
  19. Krayzie
    Hey guys, so we are going to have a raffle for the free MK:Arkade Kollection code. It will be $1 to enter the raffle, those who enter the raffle will enter the MK2 Single Elim Classic tournament, winner take all. After that, the raffle begins! :)

DCIguy Soyelmejor OnlineTony McNasty - Just some insight on how we roll on our Monthlies. Next one is April! :D
  20. MKillBill
    Sounds like fun! Keep me posted on future events.
    Krayzie likes this.
  21. Krayzie
    Twitch.Tv/EpicGP