What's new

Tech - Gunslinger Making gunslinger viable - a tech thread

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Okay so atm gunslinger seems to be the least viable variation, right? Anyhow I made a video/tutorial with some setups and gimmicks that can help him out. It's quite effective versus non-teleport or zone-heavy opponents. Not as good as his other variations but something to work on. This is the official "discuss how gunslinger can be made viable (in certain situations) thread!

Tagging some people I've lurking around here

@RizRaz
@StevoSuprem0
@Crathen
@HeroesNZ
@TelekineticBeing
@InFlames

Pakman

Lawless Victory!
^^ awesome stuff man

Mid-full screen, Money shot works really well in conjunction with caltrops, sand grenade, 32 string and Stand off stance 4/3 respectively - from full screen I believe the bullet actually reaches the opponent faster than his other projectiles.

You won't be using it all the time as it's not that straight forward of a projectile a la Jacqui's Full Auto machine guns, but it is an extra/supplemental tool at your disposal and works well to literally zone your opponent.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
^^ awesome stuff man

Mid-full screen, Money shot works really well in conjunction with caltrops, sand grenade, 32 string and Stand off stance 4/3 respectively - from full screen I believe the bullet actually reaches the opponent faster than his other projectiles.

You won't be using it all the time as it's not that straight forward of a projectile a la Jacqui's Full Auto machine guns, but it is an extra/supplemental tool at your disposal and works well to literally zone your opponent.
I use 32 a lot in outlaw but it's not really needed in Gunslinger, although it is an alternative.

TKB

Noob
Thanks for the tag. Cool video, similar to the ideas I've had for this variation but I've barely messed with it. I'll get around to it eventually :)

SaJa

FH_FenriR
I've been very disapointed to see those coins not being overhead x)

So the last hit from db1, 4 is a low right ?

Thx dude, good work. This is actually my favorite variation but it hurts me to not have meterless combo midscreen so I was mostly playing the other 2 (except v sz and takeda).

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
I've been very disapointed to see those coins not being overhead x)

So the last hit from db1, 4 is a low right ?

Thx dude, good work. This is actually my favorite variation but it hurts me to not have meterless combo midscreen so I was mostly playing the other 2 (except v sz and takeda).
All of them are low. I find the variation to be quite good versus anyone without a teleport or really strong zoning. You can avoid and punish D'vorahs puddle's, traid decently with Kano's knives as well as Quan Chi's skulls, etc.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
I'm going to see what I can do with him after work. I want to see what projectiles he can beat,what attacks can he deffend from in Standoff on reaction, the recovery of his shots etc...

Theoreticaly speaking gunslinger should play like Rock Paper Scissors with the opponent having a head start.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
All of them are low. I find the variation to be quite good versus anyone without a teleport or really strong zoning. You can avoid and punish D'vorahs puddle's, traid decently with Kano's knives as well as Quan Chi's skulls, etc.
Do you think Marskman is better vs reptile in term of zoning ?

RizRaz

Errons with combos - always hot.
Suggestion that I haven't even thought about in the slightest, or the implications of it - but does anybody think that if Gunslinger had a couple of frames of projectile immunity during SOS4, that might make Gunslinger a little better? Enough to make it so that you'd have to be deliberate about dodging a projectile for it to work, or just be extremely lucky.

Honestly I'd be happier if SOS4 just advanced rather than moved away, but eh.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Suggestion that I haven't even thought about in the slightest, or the implications of it - but does anybody think that if Gunslinger had a couple of frames of projectile immunity during SOS4, that might make Gunslinger a little better? Enough to make it so that you'd have to be deliberate about dodging a projectile for it to work, or just be extremely lucky.

Honestly I'd be happier if SOS4 just advanced rather than moved away, but eh.
Yes. It should act more like a backdash tbh. Since it's somewhat slow it could need the invulnerability

learis1

Guardian Cadet
Just a little gunslinger specific combo:

f1,3, xx gun stance, low shots for 17% damage. Provides more meterless dmg than just doing f1,3,2.