What's new

Lobo cancel advantage

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Ok. So I'm at work right now but I figured I could make this post as a rally to try and figure out Lobo's cancel advantage on his normals/strings. This could be a challenge for myself and us Lobo players to figure out.

How do you guys usually go about finding that out? All I can think of is to set Lex to reversal corps charge on block and just try stuff out.

The reason I'm so interested was after reading Ketchup's idea of f21~air grab whiff. If there are any normals or strings with more cancel advantage on block than f21 then we'll have a whole new pressure tool to play with. The more moves with high cancel advantage on block, the better.

Mixups mixups mixups. Let's get on it.

BGMD

Noob
If there are any normals or strings with more cancel advantage on block than f21 then we'll have a whole new pressure tool to play with. The more moves with high cancel advantage on block, the better.
I've mentioned this before but not sure if this is known by everybody, j3 is completely safe on block (and as a crossup), not even Kryptonian Smash can punish it, and you can stuff Corp Charge. Frame data says it's -6 on block which is obviously wrong.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I've mentioned this before but not sure if this is known by everybody, j3 is completely safe on block (and as a crossup), not even Kryptonian Smash can punish it, and you can stuff Corp Charge. Frame data says it's -6 on block which is obviously wrong.
Nice.

I'm curious if any move into whiffed air grab results in giving us a free standing 2. I know ketchup said f21~air grab whiff allows you to stuff their next move with 113, but since 113 is a high it would be perfect if there's a string that will give us a standing 2. 2 hits mid and gives us one of our best mixups with trait. I really hope there is one... because Lobo would be pretty tough to fight against with soooo much pressure.

BGMD

Noob
From what I tested before, I don't believe there is such a string. And with f21~air grab whiff you're not at advantage, more like -2 or -3.
However, after blocked f3 you can safely connect standing 2 against 6 frame move, but that eliminates the trait mixup lol (now stacking trait would be nice, right?)
I've managed to do the same testing on Corp Charge after 113.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
From what I tested before, I don't believe there is such a string. And with f21~air grab whiff you're not at advantage, more like -2 or -3.
However, after blocked f3 you can safely connect standing 2 against 6 frame move, but that eliminates the trait mixup lol (now stacking trait would be nice, right?)
I've managed to do the same testing on Corp Charge after 113.
Well I guess after f3 you could at least go for the 21~toss/21~low chain/21~hook charge mixup. Still decent.

Has anyone tested b2u1~air grab whiff?

BGMD

Noob
Has anyone tested b2u1~air grab whiff?
It's a no go. But wouldn't it be better to cancel the string straight into toss anyway?

The thing is that startup and recovery of spin cycle is larger than recovery of string itself, so it doesn't really apply to any other string that f21. Frame data

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
It's a no go. But wouldn't it be better to cancel the string straight into toss anyway?

The thing is that startup and recovery of spin cycle is larger than recovery of string itself, so it doesn't really apply to any other string that f21. Frame data
Cancel advantage on block is a different property than block recovery. But if it doesn't work then it doesn't work.

BGMD

Noob
I started to write a sentence but stopped idk why.
If I'm reading the frame data wrong in this game please correct me (I know there is still a lot of wrong data).

f21 - 41 recovery, -11 on block
spin cycle - startup 12, recovery 22

41-34=7; -11+7=-4, from testing reversals, like losing to Corp Charge but beating WW's Almathea Bash (11f) that sounds about right...

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
People in this forum are doing their best to make the character work, please don't come in and shit on their hard work. It's not cool. Especially as a moderator, you should be acting as an example to the rest of the users not posting stuff like this.
Haha it's cool. Frothy is a friend of mine. He's just giving me shit =P

Dino32

Noob
Hey guys, I dont know if this has been mentioned before... but I just noticed that you can cancel out of the 113 combo into a transition by hitting db MB 3. The timing is similar to the czarzian throw after the 113. its a bit tricky but pays off big, especially if you have a nuke shell in 40-43% depending on the level and transition.

you can also open with ji2-b2u1-113-dbmb-3 -- which hits about 51-52% with a nuke shell in.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Hey guys, I dont know if this has been mentioned before... but I just noticed that you can cancel out of the 113 combo into a transition by hitting db MB 3. The timing is similar to the czarzian throw after the 113. its a bit tricky but pays off big, especially if you have a nuke shell in 40-43% depending on the level and transition.

you can also open with ji2-b2u1-113-dbmb-3 -- which hits about 51-52% with a nuke shell in.
The only downside is that it costs 2 bars of meter, but it's definitely a good idea if you're going for a kill shot or something.

Dino32

Noob
Lol, I never realized it was a 2 bar burn. I just stumbled across it in practice (With full bar). Explains why I can't always hit it online lol