What's new

Video/Tutorial - Dragons Fire Liu Kang corner block trap

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
I'm pretty certain you can do F213 RC 111 and it jails and leaves you plus 2 without meter also? That way you can do it without meter at the cost of less chip. @xarakamaka

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Flying kick MB into F213 is escapable by doing a 6 or 7f normal. Some chars that have an 8f move at fastest have access to a low profile move to avoid F2. The only exceptions to this are Takeda, Erron Black, Kenshi and Jason. If done absolutely perfectly, then will only be able to trade with F2, which is a disadvantaged trade if the Liu can be ready for they trade they can start the loop again.

Armor works to escape this of course. The only variation that cannot escape this whatsoever is Shirai Ryu Takeda. His armor too slow and will get broken by f213.

B12 breaks most armor but is only +1 run cancelled.

Overall, it is an exceedingly shitty situation for most chars and horrible for those 4 who can't do anything about it without meter. But having a 6 or 7f move is the majority, I believe only 8 chars lack it.

Some characters can get out of the mb flying/bicycle kick after blocking it if they have a fast armored reversal or basic poke (the poke could go either way if frame perfect but its very tough).

Lone

KHAOTIC
It's funny how Dave has been trying to get Liu nerfed further for so long, he even talked about it on the podcast and Slips was like, "It's fine, all he has is pressure."

F213 fbrc has been known to jail since the most recent patch, you know who else jails and puts you in a mixup situation, Johnny Cage, but he restands you on a hitconfirm off the overhead/low. I'm sure he will be next once you and Dave realize this.

How often do you not have a bar? How often are you in the corner like that, @Tom Brady. Every character has dirt in this game, your main can trap characters in the corner and break their armor when they try to escape it.

It's the meta vs him, you make a read when to back dash or armor.

I can't wait for all the uninformed masses to start chiming in on this.

Last edited:
@General M2Dave

I was asked by several players to make a vid showing just how stupid Liu Kangs pressure still is. This is just ONE example. In this vid it shows that close to 90% of the cast get caught in a guaranteed block infinite unless they can armor. No meter = you can ever block or get hit or you lose 100% of your life.

90% of the cast? I think it's Jason, takeda, kenshi, Erron black, Johnny cage, predator, kitana, milena (can't remember wat ball roll startup is) that has no move faster than 8 frame start up . I agree with making fk neutral or minus 1 but not take away his frame perfect true block strings (112, 44, b34) , it would mean 2,75 damage and then a guessing game , with no overhead combo starter a long with other problems he has. Let's not destroy the character lol. But his block infinite is stupid I agree

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
90% of the cast? I think it's Jason, takeda, kenshi, Erron black, Johnny cage, predator, kitana, milena (can't remember wat ball roll startup is) that has no move faster than 8 frame start up . I agree with making fk neutral or minus 1 but not take away his frame perfect true block strings (112, 44, b34) , it would mean 2,75 damage and then a guessing game , with no overhead combo starter a long with other problems he has. Let's not destroy the character lol. But his block infinite is stupid I agree
So you would send a bar to be -1? If that's the cast just do db2