What's new

Tech - Vicious Little Kutter and You

BEENEEWEENEES

Thou shalt be slain!
breakdown on Little Kutter (or as we'd say in Atlanta, LIL' KUTTA)
this is Ferra/Torr's command grab he gains in Vicious stance. while it may seem lackluster at a glance, this grab may be one of the best things about Vicious stance, and gives this character's mix-up potential a lot of opportunity to shine.

the following moves will let you connect with F/T's command grab on a blocking opponent~
b1
d1
f3
d3
d4

trying any other move or string cancel into command grab on the blocking opponent will result in F/T whiffing (and then you, most likely, subsequently eating a combo). f3 command grab and d4 command grab are fantastic when you know your opponent is going to block it. command grab cannot be combo'd into on a standing opponent, which is why i keep emphasizing that this is for block pressure exclusively.
that being said, your opponent can jump out between the button and the command grab, but that's going to require a read on their part because this shit is nigh impossible to see on reaction.

his standard combo ender is 4,boss toss. this is cool when you want a) a max damage combo and b) to put your opponent all the way across the screen. if you're like me, and would rather go for oki and mix-ups and keep your opponent up close and at your mercy, end combos with f3,little kutter.

"But why, BEENEEWEENEES?"
-because little kutter gives you enough frame advantage to walk up a teeeeeensy bit and get a meaty as FUCK mix-up with f2 and b2 that stuffs most wake-up attacks, that's why.

"But BEENEEWEENEES, why even bother with all this? Going for pressure with strings into Ferra Toss and Ferra Slide works too!"
-because landing with little kutter gives you one huge advantage over landing with Ferra Toss/Slide... it gives you Ferra immediately instead of having to wait for her to run back to you, therefor giving you the b2 overhead option on the opponent's wakeup. this gives you fuckin suh-weeeeet oki options, where you can really get his damage going while conserving his meter for armored charges.

anyone else, thoughts on this move? i personally love this against zone-heavy characters, since ending with boss toss sends the opponent to the other side of the earth while this keeps them nice and close, also letting me keep Ferra immediately for sick ass mixups. everyone should use it more.

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
Is this taking into account that the command grab is techable?

Edit:
If it's not and this command grab ended doesn't work out, I suggest using his 2F4 which is an untechable knockdown without using Ferra.

Combos:
F2, B232+4, Run, 2F4 24%
B232+4, Run, F2, F3, 2F4 26% (you can take out the F3 for an easier combo, but sacrificing 3%)

Last edited:

CamRac

Noob
Worked on this concept in training mode, and I don't think it exists, unfortunately. You can tech roll after cmd grabs in Viscious, HOWEVER you can't tech roll after being grabbed in Lackey. That being said, Lackey grab also throws you hella far away, so pressure is pretty much nonexistent afterwards.

I honestly don't even know if LK is worth using in Vicious. It has almost the same range as regular grab, and it literally does the same damage. Even if you burn a meter, you're only getting 19% off of it, and the opponent can still tech roll.

Not to rain on the parade, but yeah. For what it's worth, the information you provided on block string tick grabs is still really useful. :)

EDIT: An interesting idea to toy with is actually meter burn grab after an F2 pop up. That would give you a mixup (if not just guaranteed reset damage - I'll have to check into it).

EDIT2: Regular LK does have a hair's length longer range than reg grab, so it will still have application once spacing has been mastered, but I doubt raw LK's will come up in matches often.

Last edited:

AceOfKnaves

Hallucin8
ex LK has that hit of armour so it's nice to command grab out of pressure. But other then that it is tech rollable, but not useless

EX Throw resets, but doesn't seem to gurantee damage, it does however give you a free 50/50 between b2 or f2 but that is about it

CamRac

Noob
So yeah, MB reg grab puts the opponent into a guaranteed high low situation (no guaranteed damage).

Also, sorry if this is old news. This is the first time I've been able to go into the lab with this game.

But anyhow, I know we'll need meter to get in (most likely), but this is worth thinking of as a viable option in Vicious to get a guaranteed mixup.

Parnak

Fight me as you will yet you can never hope to win
I'd like to point out that there is a move, which if cancelled to Little Kutter, command throw will connect both on block AND on hit with a standing opponent. That move simply is 1. I found this early on and consider it viable to safely end a round, especially through Jip. Opponent can escape by jump but as Beeneeweenees said, that would require a hard read. Point is, for this move you don't have to worry about cancelling to LK only on block, even if the punch hits, they will still receive the throw. This makes 1xxLittle Kutter & Jip, 1xxLittle Kutter applicable as a round ender tech, one that gets us as close to a guaranteed finish off as we can get.! And It may prove to have more uses than just that.. Time will tell. Here's a video I recorded to show it
http://testyourmight.com/members/beeneeweenees.758/

Last edited:

Parnak

Fight me as you will yet you can never hope to win
Don't spook me out like that, at first I thought that this throw was techable as in - escapable.
LoL Tech rollable is more like it.. Fortunately, as we know Little Kutter throw cannot be broken or ducked and has a tad more reach than normal throws. Is also is 19 frames, the EX version is 13 frames, still slowest of them variation throws that are 10 frames fast, but that is fine, the EX version of LK does not connect with some strings, just for being faster. A few frames slower for becoming applicable to strings is a trade I would take.

Last edited: