What's new

List of revealed characters in new MKX Story trailer. (Time stamps)

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Just a few minutes ago, the fine people at NRS gave us a new (completely amazing) story trailer for MKX...and holy shit do we have reveals.

Just one after another, this video consistently had new characters (Some to the game, but most to the series) and they all look great!
Below is the video and below that is the time stamps for all of the reveals!

If you saw somebody that I did not see, please tag me and put the time stamp of that reveal, as well.

Takashi Takeda 0:11
Jacqueline Briggs 0:13
Kung Jin 0:14
Baraka 0:21 (MAYBE far left of dock right in front of the boat...not close enough to really tell, but his armor looks a little more detailed than the other tarkatans)
Shinnok 0:35
Erron Black 0:46 and 0:51
Mileena 0:56
Rain 1:20 (dropkicking Kotal Kahn)
Sindel 1:24

@SneakyTortoise also brought up possible:
Johnny Cage 0:36 (The guy covering his eyes, this is just a big MAYBE because the guy looks so basic...but it COULD be him...but the guy has lighter hair. We saw darker hair on Johnny Cage in MK9 and lighter hair before in MKA and others)
Sonya Blade 0:37 (Knocked the fugg out in the background. Looks like her normal dark, special forces-esque attire but her face is away from the screen and she's kind of far away. But it resembles her past looks)

They all look fantastic! NRS is doing such a great job with character models and I, for one, appreciate that a lot.

It also seems that they are putting a lot more effort into the story than they did for MK9, which is good. As much as I love playing the fighting game, I want the story to have more cutscenes. We may get it in MKX.

Last edited by a moderator:

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
This is very handy. I'm going to quote you and put this up on Neogaf as well citing you as the source. Spreadin your name and work bro. Trailer was full of surprise faces and you just made it easier for folks to notice them all :)

Dude this trailer got me so hype!

I just wish they would show Goro gameplay already, they keep teasing him at the end of everything but won't show actual gameplay of him lol
his debut trailer will most likely be one of those funny gamestop commercials that tells you to preorder him lol

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
You missed out Johnny Cage and Sonya
Didn't see JC or Sonya. I saw a character that might be JC, but he kinda looks generic so I don't actually think it's him.

I did see Erron black in there twice though, and a younger Hanzo (Scorpion) presumably while he was still training Takeda.

FinalBoss_FGC

Didn't see JC or Sonya. I saw a character that might be JC, but he kinda looks generic so I don't actually think it's him.

I did see Erron black in there twice though, and a younger Hanzo (Scorpion) presumably while he was still training Takeda.
That Hanzo alt was perfect! But he's not a new character, so I didn't put the time stamp on him. lol but yeah, it's awesome to see Scorpion unmasked and (possibly) have it as an alt costume.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt

After reading the comics, I'm convinced that that is JC
Sonya lying on the ground in the background as Raiden absorbs Shinnok into the amulet.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
Sonya lying on the ground in the background as Raiden absorbs Shinnok into the amulet.
JC has dark hair, that guy is blonde.

And why do you think that "woman" laying the background is Sonya? I'm not saying it's not, but there is no possible way to tell for sure.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Where is Johnny Cage and Sonya in the trailer?
Don't speak too soon!
EARTHREALM'S DEFENDER HATH RETURNED.
YO SONYA GOT BODIED
@Onilordasmodeus The girl in the back is wearing pretty much the same clothes as Sonya in MK9. She's also blonde.

The man in the first picture is seemingly carrying no weapons and has tape/bandaging around his forearms. He also has Cage's hairstyle & colour.

Considering they were the only two left alive, it makes 101% sense that it's Sonya & Johnny.

FinalBoss_FGC

I'll go ahead and put the time stamp for JC and Sonya and tag you as a source. I didn't notice those two until you mentioned it lol too busy looking at bae, Shinnok. But I was just put POSSIBLE because Sonya is looking away and Johnny Cage looks basic as hell.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
JC has dark hair, that guy is blonde.

And why do you think that "woman" laying the background is Sonya? I'm not saying it's not, but there is no possible way to tell for sure.
I know he does in the comic, I just think the artist fucked up.
I'm going by the fact that Kotal refer's to Cage as Earthrealm's Champion.
It's not going to be just some random dude in the battle with Shinnok.
As that's JC, it has to be Sonya on the ground.