What's new

General/Other - Cassie Cage (Old) Cassie Cage Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
NRS released a new intro dialogue between Kitana and Cassie Cage.

https://vine.co/v/OUxKpebWAhB

Cassie Cage new updated model. This here could be the final game version of her.
In my opinion there are worlds between this and the E3 model. E3 model looked really unfinished but this looks good.
yep .... she looks far more polished and close to her final version in the game. Seems she will be funny and sarcastic in MKX, that's good.

trufenix

bye felicia
So it's literally just a taunt? It's weird that it would be variation specific, or at least that's the impression I was given.
It was, but there's no way to know if its changed and I doubt she's getting any stream time. Its listed in the variation details though, so I'm assuming it has a purpose. Nobody else has a "useless" taunt and all the other ones that are listed like that (Pain & Gain, Cybernetic, War God) actually do stuff.

Espio

Kokomo
Okay so on the stream today they said Cassie is pretty similar across variations including combo wise so if that holds true she'll be more like Reptile in the sense that transitioning between styles won't be as daunting.

If she's a well rounded character that puts the icing on the cake.

Maybe I missed it, but despite them talking about the American Way on stream, didn't hear what it does still?

Okay so on the stream today they said Cassie is pretty similar across variations including combo wise so if that holds true she'll be more like Reptile in the sense that transitioning between styles won't be as daunting.

Maybe I missed it, but despite them talking about the American Way on stream, didn't hear what it does still?
I think it's a taunt?

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.

Going off of what I saw with my own two eyes, nothing, but perhaps it gives some kind of buff/builds meter? I guess I wasn't paying attention when they were showcasing it lol. Kind of weird for them to give her a "special move" that only taunts the opponent, but if any character should have a taunt, Cassie definitely should. I love her attitude and personality.

Espio

Kokomo
I think it's a taunt?
I know that, but it being variation specific without a status effect or something else to it makes it kind of pointless to have honestly.

Maybe it hasn't been disclosed, but it should at least do something that impacts gameplay.

Going off of what I saw with my own two eyes, nothing, but perhaps it gives some kind of buff/builds meter? I guess I wasn't paying attention when they were showcasing it lol. Kind of weird for them to give her a "special move" that only taunts the opponent, but if any character should have a taunt, Cassie definitely should. I love her attitude and personality.
I was listening and heard nothing and didn't see any changes. I thought there would be some explanation like a speed, damage boost or something, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't said it did anything in particular beyond being a taunt.

I think her taunt is cool, but for it to be a "Spec Ops specific variation trait" it should do something noteworthy.

Cassie kooks absolutely stunning design and personality wise, humpty dumpty Quan Chi heh.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Calling it now. Her Hollywood stance will be the best.

Im curious to see how viable characters with limited difference are on tournement. It all boils down to the character lock vs variation lock arguement I guess. The ability to change variation would hurt characters like Cassie but be great for characters like Kitana

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
I know that, but it being variation specific without a status effect or something else to it makes it kind of pointless to have honestly.

Maybe it hasn't been disclosed, but it should at least do something that impacts gameplay.
u think her taunt is pointless?

im sorry u think showing love 4 ur country is pointless, m8

Status
Not open for further replies.