What's new

Lex Luthor Gameplay in New Cinematic Injustice: GAU Trailer

trufenix

bye felicia
Take notes from that MAHVEL video NRS.
You are setting the bar WAY too high. Just show us one match. One whole match from start to finish that isn't prerecorded with Ed or Adam tripping over the commentary, filmed over someone's shoulder by a parkinsons patient, or played in tiny 3 second chunks inbetween cinematic footage or some other goddamned games footage.

I wonder if the game will have ACTUAL Epic Cutscenes, like Luthor looked good in the trailer, hope the game is just not riddled with in game cutscenes, I want EPIC battles and shit.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Yawn.

I'm only posting here so you guys can just look at the tits in my avatar so it's not a total waste of time.

I can't wait for this game, but I don't trust anything Boon says anymore. It helps because that way I never get my hopes up.

Rogue_Scrambles

Fear Burns Bright
I do have to admit it is sort of a letdown, but, at least we some some of Luthor's moves, as well as the fact that he'll probably be with Batman in the storymode

...still gameplay would be nice.

Flagg

Noob
Karried is right. Say what you want about games like MvC3, SF x TK or any Capcom fighting game, the company are absolute pro's at generating hype through the cinematic trailers they release over the months leading up to release. I loved all of the MvC3 and SF x TK trailers. This one in particular is awesome:

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Karried is right. Say what you want about games like MvC3, SF x TK or any Capcom fighting game, the company are absolute pro's at generating hype through the cinematic trailers they release over the months leading up to release. I loved all of the MvC3 and SF x TK trailers. This one in particular is awesome:

That was pointless within the game as it had no story.

Temp

Salmon. Otters. The Bringer.
The fastest way to make me to not care about something is to put Lex Luthor in it.

This is something that should have been released in November.

Flagg

Noob
That was pointless within the game as it had no story.
Yeah but not everyone is buying the game for the story. Dont get me wrong, the MK 9 Storymode is hands down the best story/canon stuff in a fighting game and im pretty sure Ono said he would like to do something similar with a future Street Fighter game.

But what is good about the Capcom trailers is they introduce fueds/cool or comedic fight scenes and of course, character reveals, which is what everyone wants. And of course the animation for the trailers are mouth wateringly good. Usually game play footage of new character reveals comes very swiftly afterwards.

MK 9 was hyped well, it had some really good cinematic trailers (Raiden facing Shao Kahn) and then some in game footage. I'm pretty sure character reveals were also staggered over time.

I dont think Injustice is being hyped all that well.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow

I'm not disagreeing, I'm just saying that particular trailer, while pretty and interesting and all that, was just pointless. Injustice is being sold on the back of the story so the story is being the main focus in promotional trailers and videos.

My opinion, though I believe NRS is going about it the wrong way, is that they're trying to build the buzz as much as possible while showing as little as possible so when we do get things it's like "finally, that was so good" or whatever and it makes us more hype. So they reveal characters through mags and other stuff and we have to pick through it and instead of it just being like "Raven's in, here's her trailer" we see Raven is in and every day we're waiting and waiting and it's just on our mind until the payoff.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
That trailer was really just a bunch of footage they'd already shown plus one or two still renders and a few seconds of Lex. Even the dialogue didn't tell us anything new. We had this info from the comic.

Flagg

Noob
Compbros

Is it really being sold on the back of story mode? Wow, surely that's the kind of thing you do for a RPG or RTS game?

MvC3 did have minimal story, but the story was revealed in the trailer, for example, I think Magneto wanted the T Virus to transmutate humans into Mutants or something, and that clearly, he is on no ones side but his own. At the end of the day, its a fighting game, worse, a VS fighting games and they have terrible storylines.

How do you think they could improve their "reveal trailers"....more gameplay footage, cinematic trailers expanding on the story?[/quote]

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
BTW what did this trailer have to do IF ANYTHING with the "Piano Man" clue Boon gave us this week? This can't be all they have coming.

trufenix

bye felicia
Is it really being sold on the back of story mode? Wow, surely that's the kind of thing you do for a RPG or RTS game?

MvC3 did have minimal story, but the story was revealed in the trailer, for example, I think Magneto wanted the T Virus to transmutate humans into Mutants or something, and that clearly, he is on no ones side but his own. At the end of the day, its a fighting game, worse, a VS fighting games and they have terrible storylines.

How do you think they could improve their "reveal trailers"....more gameplay footage, cinematic trailers expanding on the story?
MvC3s "story" was a power point slide they showed at comic con, the 3 cg "episodes" they released had nothing to do with anything at all. They were just that, cool trailers. They did the same thing with SFxT, and before that SF4. Capcom does not understand the concept of a fighting game story.

NRS doesn't have a problem with quality, they have a problem with quantity. If they want to reveal a character they've already revealed in a magazine or trailerize story elements already revealed in the comic after two months of silence and trolling, they need a little more than a 2 minute trailer that accomplishes nothing but de-confirming a couple voice actors.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Compbros

How do you think they could improve their "reveal trailers"....more gameplay footage, cinematic trailers expanding on the story?
Not at all, for something like this focusing on the story is a good move. The game draws in fans of fighters and the story draws in comic fans/casuals. The people that like fighters, particularly Mortal Kombat, are gonna get this even if they wait til the last month to show us alot of gameplay footage but they have to sell it to the more casual people.

Was that the story? I have not a clue and honestly there was no sense to it, the biggest being why were the World's merged or opening.

Simple, 4 trailers every month.

Week one is the foreshadowing of the character: Bits of hair, a boot, what have you.

Week two is a couple lines from the story from that character: Nothing big or spoilerish but it should have some impact. The screen could have the Injustice logo or a building from that part of the story or something.

Week three: Reveal trailer. What we got for Green Arrow and Deathstroke.

Week four: In depth talking about the character and showing off moves.

The first two take almost no work, the reveal is the heaviest load, the fourth is just reading from a script and playing the game. You get alot of hype with minimal effort.